SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-06-16, 12:29 PM   #3451
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome aboard!

Quote:
there is a way to fix this little annoyance with the planes.
dergrunty! pssst! I don't think 'the little annoyance' with the planes ever got fixed...Just two days ago; IN SHII which I still play (since forever) I downed a Sunderland B 4 it could drop its depth charges and it crashed into my U-boat-off the Western Approaches...I died with all hands! That had never happened to me before! In Destroyer Command (also since forever) the crippled Nazi Heinkels occasionally crash into and sink my destroyer in the Channel. Best to stay 'heavy' when under chronic aircover at 5-6 meters (-decks awash) this will shorten your crash-dive times approx. 50 seconds. Try it and time it! Good luck Kaleun!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 03-06-16 at 12:45 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 01:59 PM   #3452
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
My question is, whether this is a bug or intended.
Intended...coastline patrols were the most prevalent especially in the early period of hostilities before long range patrols were stepped up.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-16, 09:38 PM   #3453
blackcan
Gunner

Downloads: 93

Is there a compatible mod (with RDRS) that the interior moves corresponding to the real submarine movement's (like big waves or crash dive )
Old 05-20-16, 03:18 AM   #3454
nionios
Soundman

Downloads: 82
Default Atlantic weather

It's strange that I've patroled North Atlantic during autumn and I haven't seen a single raindrop!I'd say the weather is completely mild without even any fog or clouds.
nionios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-16, 02:57 PM   #3455
Forensicman101
Gunner

Downloads: 79
Default Tails please

Great mod, but I do miss the tails on the ship / sub / aircraft contacts. Is there any way to return the map contact icons to the original format?
Forensicman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-16, 10:38 PM   #3456
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151
Default No crew in deck/flak guns?

Hello everyone, im just trying out OM (and im pretty new to SH4 too).
I notice that when i order battle stations, or hit the buttons to man the deck or flak guns, no crew actually goes there.

Do i have to manually go into crew management and move ppl to those stations, then move them back after? if so whats the point of battlestations, man gun buttons?

thanks!
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 10:34 AM   #3457
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

There's something wrong, or else you missed it. When you hit "Battle Stations" the entire crew goes on duty, and the most qualified leader takes over the main position in each compartment. If you are in any station you'll see the faces change, and in the control room two extra guys will appear, turning wrenches in the background.
Old 06-09-16, 10:50 AM   #3458
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 206

True, but they still don't "automatically" man the deck gun and flak gun; you have to manually move crewmen to those Battle Stations. Likewise with the Conning Tower, those stations should be filled with men you move from the Bridge. You definitely don't need a dozen men at Battle Stations on the Bridge, they'd be tripping over each other and getting in the way!
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 11:06 AM   #3459
nionios
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin1973 View Post
Hello everyone, im just trying out OM (and im pretty new to SH4 too).
I notice that when i order battle stations, or hit the buttons to man the deck or flak guns, no crew actually goes there.

Do i have to manually go into crew management and move ppl to those stations, then move them back after? if so whats the point of battlestations, man gun buttons?

thanks!
If I'm not mistaken,the order for battlestations doesn't automatically move crew to your deck and AA guns.
Old 06-09-16, 04:27 PM   #3460
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

That's true. I was only referring to the interior. External positions must be crewed manually. I hope I didn't mislead anyone.
Old 06-09-16, 05:01 PM   #3461
Benzin1973
Engineer

Thank you for your answers fellas!

But i dont understand, in "stock" SH4, if i press the "man the deck gun" button, crew goes and, mans the deck gun!
Same for flak guns. Just like in SH3.
This seems like the expected results.

If i hit "battlestations", they man all guns.

But with this mod enabled when i press one of those buttons, no man goes to either guns. Not just "battlestations", hitting a "man the X gun" button does nothing either.

Is this somehow a "feature" of the mod, or do i have a bug caused by faulty installation or something?

So i have to wonder, in case this isnt a bug, does this mod renders the man guns & battlestations buttons pretty much useless?

Last edited by Benzin1973; 06-09-16 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-10-16, 01:59 AM   #3462
nionios
Soundman

Quote:
Thank you for your answers fellas!

But i dont understand, in "stock" SH4, if i press the "man the deck gun" button, crew goes and, mans the deck gun!
Same for flak guns. Just like in SH3.
This seems like the expected results.

If i hit "battlestations", they man all guns.

But with this mod enabled when i press one of those buttons, no man goes to either guns. Not just "battlestations", hitting a "man the X gun" button does nothing either.

Is this somehow a "feature" of the mod, or do i have a bug caused by faulty installation or something?

So i have to wonder, in case this isnt a bug, does this mod renders the man guns & battlestations buttons pretty much useless?
I can't remember about the stock game.It's been years since I last played stock.
First of all,by ordering "battlestations" all the crew slots in the crew screen become darker.If you see it then probably everything it's ok.Also this order and the "man gun" order doesn't move crew to gun slots.The right procedure for getting the maximum from guns is:
first you fill the gun slot with crew and then press the proper "man ... gun" button.
BUT,if you order for battlestations there's no need to press any "man ... gun" button because "battlestations" order covers all crew slots provided that they aren't empty.
Old 06-10-16, 06:25 PM   #3463
Benzin1973
Engineer

Thanks for your answer nionios.
Not criticizing the mod or anything, But i must say i dont like this new feature very much.
It does render the man guns buttons useless. Even in SH3, if i spotted a plane and decided to fight it, ordering man flak guns was enough. If i have to go and manually drag men to their stations, then those buttons are useless.

I also read something about having to constantly move crew arround to/from the conning tower. One thing i dint like about SH3, fixed in SH4 was having to babysit my crew.

I wish there was an option to install just the new campaign & units and skip the new gameplay changes ("features").

I wonder if i can edit the mod to un-do these features and just enjoy the new campaign.
Old 06-11-16, 05:10 AM   #3464
nionios
Soundman

Quote:
Thanks for your answer nionios.
Not criticizing the mod or anything, But i must say i dont like this new feature very much.
It does render the man guns buttons useless. Even in SH3, if i spotted a plane and decided to fight it, ordering man flak guns was enough. If i have to go and manually drag men to their stations, then those buttons are useless.

I also read something about having to constantly move crew arround to/from the conning tower. One thing i dint like about SH3, fixed in SH4 was having to babysit my crew.

I wish there was an option to install just the new campaign & units and skip the new gameplay changes ("features").

I wonder if i can edit the mod to un-do these features and just enjoy the new campaign.
  • The buttons for manning guns aren't completely useless.After you move crew there then you should use these buttons for maximum performance(faster reload time) unless you order for battlestations.
  • You still have to move crew from conning tower to the interior in a situation of being depth charged, otherwise the bridge crew may be injured or killed.Although the sub is submerged there's a weird game mechanism which considers the crew is still sitting on the bridge.
Old 07-20-16, 05:57 AM   #3465
DigestedSine561
Swabbie

Downloads: 19

Hello everybody,
I've got a little problem - OM doesn't seem to be working on my computer. I've been using RSRDC for a few months now and then I found this and thought I'd try it out. However, I've enabled it using JSGME - which says it's activated - but nothing appears in game. I uninstalled all of the mods and then reinstalled them all in the correct order - RSRDC V550, RSRDC patch, OM 705, OM 720, OM 720 patch 5 - and while RSRDC has been installed and works correctly, there's no sign of any German campaigns other than the stock 'Into the East' and 'Fortunes of War'. My game is v1.5, gold edition. Can anyone help with my dilemma?
Kind regards,
Nagato.
DigestedSine561 is offline   Reply With Quote