SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-14-07, 11:30 AM   #1
DanielSan
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Loading doctrine files

Okay sorry for the load of questions, but ... Yesterday I created a custom doctrine for a unit in my mission. Just to get a little more advanced with the AI movements and all.

Does anyone know how to include it in the scenario though? i.o.w. how do I call my doctrine file routine. Thanks in advance.

Btw I'm still working on it but completed 3 missions on my Venezuela campaign.
Muchhhh more work then I thought making it interesting and all. I think 5 more to go. But I really wan't some more script power in these because I hate Krivaks that wrongly set the torpedo depth and torp themselves + doctrine can be more powerful in the file then the mission editor.
DanielSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-07, 11:44 AM   #2
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2

The reason AI platforms set their torpedo depth wrong is because the NavalSimEngine feeds the depth to the weapon in meters, but the doctrine reads the input as feet.

So, in order to correct this, you need to create a RunOnce section in the doctrine that converts the SearchDepth variable from meters to feet. If you need an example of this, you can see the torpedo doctrines included with LWAMI.

LWAMI also includes some extra features to make the AI set torpedoes under the layer with some variability in all torpedo depth settings.

Cheers,
David
Old 02-14-07, 01:27 PM   #3
DanielSan
Watch

Default Cheers!

Thanks for the input. I just downloaded this LWAMI monster and it makes things much more yummie. Playing with it makes it harder maybe, but much more forfilling and realistic.
Old 02-14-07, 01:37 PM   #4
DanielSan
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf
The reason AI platforms set their torpedo depth wrong is because the NavalSimEngine feeds the depth to the weapon in meters, but the doctrine reads the input as feet.

So, in order to correct this, you need to create a RunOnce section in the doctrine that converts the SearchDepth variable from meters to feet. If you need an example of this, you can see the torpedo doctrines included with LWAMI.

LWAMI also includes some extra features to make the AI set torpedoes under the layer with some variability in all torpedo depth settings.

Cheers,
David
By the way ... now I have programmed some doctrine in a file and placed in in the directory. How do I use it in the mission? Do you know? Thnks
Old 02-14-07, 01:48 PM   #5
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

You must go into the database and assign it to the platform you want to use it.

Keep in mind, it then will not use any other doctrine.

Cheers,
David
Old 02-14-07, 01:51 PM   #6
GrayOwl
Soundman

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSan
Quote:

Cheers,
David
By the way ... now I have programmed some doctrine in a file and placed in in the directory. How do I use it in the mission? Do you know? Thnks
In any way. The mission works with other operators.
Old 02-14-07, 02:22 PM   #7
DanielSan
Watch

So to get this clear. When I open my .mc file in say notepad, I can manually assign other commands within the doctrine of the script that is written there. Operators like == != $= etc. ?

Thanks LuftWolf. I will not edit thos other ship files because I guess LWAMI does that already and I love it already. Must be a load of work I reckon, great job!

Thanks
Old 02-15-07, 04:40 AM   #8
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

I'm not sure.

I didn't know you were talking about a mission script (doctrine).

As far as editing the .mu file directly with a text editor, that would be news to me, but a great find if in fact the mission editor was more limited than the mission interpretor.

Unfortunately, my knowledge is related primarily to modding, and I'm not as familar with the advanced features of the mission editor as I'd like to be.

Cheers,
David
Old 02-15-07, 08:17 AM   #9
Fish
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
I'm not sure.

I didn't know you were talking about a mission script (doctrine).

As far as editing the .mu file directly with a text editor, that would be news to me, but a great find if in fact the mission editor was more limited than the mission interpretor.

Unfortunately, my knowledge is related primarily to modding, and I'm not as familar with the advanced features of the mission editor as I'd like to be.

Cheers,
David
Editing teks in .mu file is common. At least for me.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 09:21 AM   #10
DanielSan
Watch

Fish, would you be so kind to show some examples of your work in the .mu?
Thnx, I wonder what is possible here.
Old 02-16-07, 07:00 PM   #11
kage
Helmsman

One thing I can mention for that, is briefings and messages; The mission editor has a text editor that simply doesn't cut it. But before password protection (every .mu file) is plain text.

http://www.xfire.com/clans/dwobjective/ for those who like playing objectives-based missions. (As opposed to deathmatches)
kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-07, 07:22 AM   #12
Fish
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSan
Fish, would you be so kind to show some examples of your work in the .mu?
Thnx, I wonder what is possible here.
Here you go, open the map with notebook (all files).
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote