Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 02-03-09, 06:06 PM   #16
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak
The license is restrictive not because you can't mod the game (even if its pretty drastic according to me) but because you have to buy a new license (full price) if you ever have to reinstall the simulator on THE SAME PC !!!! Thats something that not even microsoft does, or EA who's not exactly consumer friendly.
This absurd restriction is what has made me stay away from ssm2007.
I don't know if the developer has changed his stance on this issue, but when the game was released it was 50 € for every reinstallation on the same pc.
Thanks but no thanks.
That is something different. When I first reported on SSS some months ago, i also had to witness their very hostile customer service, not answering my questions on what kind of registration exactly they were using, and whether o rnot it would be bound to a specific hardware constellation or not - I never got a reply, and their forums at that time could not accessed without buiyng first.

But I have a hard time to believe that you have to pay the originaly price each time you clean your system and reinstall it, and are not given at least let's say three tries. Are you sure about your claim? If it is like yun bsay, this would be the worst example of restrictive registration license I have ever heared of - and there have been quite a bit of black sheep in the flightsim scene over the past 4, 5 years.

Anyhow, their behaviour was what killed the sim for me back then.
Old 02-03-09, 08:08 PM   #17
PeriscopeDepth
Sea Lord

Downloads: 6

I just reinstalled on a different (PC). It did require an email to them though.

You can definitely reinstall it on the same PC.

PD
PeriscopeDepth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 12:01 AM   #18
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Quote:
The license is restrictive not because you can't mod the game (even if its pretty drastic according to me) but because you have to buy a new license (full price) if you ever have to reinstall the simulator on THE SAME PC !!!! Thats something that not even microsoft does, or EA who's not exactly consumer friendly.
This absurd restriction is what has made me stay away from ssm2007.
I don't know if the developer has changed his stance on this issue, but when the game was released it was 50 € for every reinstallation on the same pc.
Thanks but no thanks.
Not quite true. If you buy the SSM license you should get 5 free activations. I upgraded my comp and it cost me one of mine so I'm down to 4. Really have to get back into SSM, haven't flown a mission since the new patch changed all the controls around.
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 02:33 AM   #19
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

[QUOTE=Falkirion]
Quote:
Not quite true. If you buy the SSM license you should get 5 free activations. I upgraded my comp and it cost me one of mine so I'm down to 4. Really have to get back into SSM, haven't flown a mission since the new patch changed all the controls around.
Excuse me but how is this better ?
You have still bought a game with limited life. Once your 5 activations are up you have to pay more money. If you're okay with that more power to you, as for me I will never ever buy a software that has a kill switch in it.
I guess that's the reason I haven't bought games in over 2 years. I'm a simple minded man , born in the 20th century where buying something means owning it, pure and simple.
I bought Falcon 4 in late 1998 since then I have upgrade my computer much more than 5 times. You know what, it doesn't matter since Falcon 4 still works ok, it doesn't have a kill switch in it. I just wonder when the software industry went down the hell path.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-09, 04:43 PM   #20
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

A person has to be on Pot or Downers to play that slow moveing sim.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 05:36 PM   #21
dundun92
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

hello, i have a simulator named orbiter 2010. ihave a link for it:http://http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/
dundun92 is offline   Reply With Quote