SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-08, 06:23 PM   #91
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
You may want to read about E11's foray into the Dardinels.

A good moment in British Submarine history...
I was about 2 seconds away from purchasing "one of our submarines' but decided on another. I will grab this one first in the long list of other countries and their submarine service.
Old 03-23-08, 06:29 PM   #92
MONOLITH
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
If this were an FPS... we'd have modders of all sorts running out of our ears... but because this platform is made for the thinking individual... Well you get the idea.

Yeah, you're insulting a massive portion of gaming genre.

Brilliant idea.

Not all shooters are created equal. And taking such a blatant swipe at a broad spectrum of the gaming world is pretty ignorant on your part.

And even if you'd like to argue that gameplay of shooters is "inferior in sophistication" to a sim like SH4;

...modding them certainly is not, and modding them is equally as difficult.

And since you know nothing about modding shooters, you might not want to speak about it as if you do.

Old 03-23-08, 06:38 PM   #93
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONOLITH
Quote:
If this were an FPS... we'd have modders of all sorts running out of our ears... but because this platform is made for the thinking individual... Well you get the idea.

Yeah, you're insulting a massive portion of gaming genre.

Brilliant idea.

Not all shooters are created equal. And taking such a blatant swipe at a broad spectrum of the gaming world is pretty ignorant on your part.

And even if you'd like to argue that gameplay of shooters is "inferior in sophistication" to a sim like SH4;

...modding them certainly is not, and modding them is equally as difficult.

And since you know nothing about modding shooters, you might not want to speak about it as if you do.

Oh shut up troll. This is a submarine simulation forum. (Not a Duke Nuke'em arcade forum) You just showed your 'intelligence' with that post.

Given your posting history, I do not intend to enter into a battle of wits with the likes of you.

You are unarmed. It wouldn't be fair.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Old 03-23-08, 06:43 PM   #94
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

People here had best remember to keep their tone civil.

JCC
Old 03-23-08, 06:44 PM   #95
MONOLITH
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Oh shut up troll. This is a submarine simulation forum. (Not a Duke Nuke'em forum) You just showed your 'intelligence' with that post.

Given your posting history, I do not intend to enter into a battle of wits with the likes of you.

Heh. I love it when you do this.

You have no idea what you reveal about yourself when you speak this way to other members here.
Old 03-23-08, 06:49 PM   #96
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:
Phrases like "The irony, is that many of the "daring do" exploits people like to do in their virtual uboats, actually occured in the pacific and not the atlantic." makes me shake my head. These ppl obviously grew up in a world of propaganda, where their own ppl were daring heroes on dangerous missions, while the enemy was a grey dull mass of brainless order executers. A grave lack of education in these regards.
You just might want to stand back and qualify this statement. Very open ended and open for ridicule. Is this were the 'dissing' comes into play from the u boat fan?
I think that's a huge mis-reading of Ducimius' statement.

What he's getting at is the diversity of operations, including harbor raids, commando landings, rescue missions and other such things which were indeed in greater abundance in the Pacific. If you look at the history of the conflicts, I don't think there is any way to avoid this.

It's not to diminish the individual bravery of the men in both battles; it's to say that indeed by its nature the Pacific was more diverse and provided more opportunities for unusual actions which were few in the Atlantic where the battle was almost completely mid-ocean and focused strictly on the tonnage war. And strictly on the count of diversity of the types of actions, Ducimius is right.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 03-23-08, 06:50 PM   #97
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Quote:

You have no idea what you reveal about yourself when you speak this way to other members here.
Likewise.

I think we just learnt a lot about yourself there MONOLITH. We all know you can't stand Kpt. Lehmann and well... that of course is your personal right. We can't like everybody.

However... considering there is hardly a post out of you for a while... then all of a sudden Kpt. L makes a comment that can be took to task by you and you take that opportunity.

How do you know he knows nothing about modding FPS?

The point the Kpt. was making is that FPS games have a larger following than games like subsimulators do. Thus a much much larger choice of people to mod with a variety of different skills.

Games like Silent Hunter are strategy games that require a great deal of thought and patience. FPS games usually don't require very much of either. There are exceptions. If I got that point, Im quite sure others did too. Or at least, I hope so.

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Old 03-23-08, 06:53 PM   #98
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Quote:
Oh shut up troll. This is a submarine simulation forum. (Not a Duke Nuke'em forum) You just showed your 'intelligence' with that post.

What I find to be amazing is that people like you actually believe the crap they write.

THAT absolutely floors me.

Uranus must be an inhospitable place for you to hang about. Constant exposure to all that methane gas keeping you stoned and all.

<Meanwhile back at the Subsim.com ranch... threads about sub simulation modification continue unabated...>

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 03-23-08, 06:59 PM   #99
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Channing

JCC

No six guns allowed John.
Old 03-23-08, 07:03 PM   #100
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder-Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Channing

JCC

No six guns allowed John.
Exactly. They don't produce enough firepower to get the job done.

I'm thinking shovels may be a more appropriate tool for the moment though.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 03-23-08, 07:06 PM   #101
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Who in the heck has their hand in the cookie jar and taking more than one cookie? I left enough for eveyone. I leave and come back to this. There is going to be some paddlings going one.
Old 03-23-08, 07:13 PM   #102
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Ja. Things were cooling down until a couple of numbskull sh!t-stirrers tossed in their two cents.

There's still some very useful stuff on this thread... however off topic it may have gotten to be.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 03-23-08, 07:50 PM   #103
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

The pacific campaign is pretty good now but the nazis need some help .
Old 03-23-08, 07:58 PM   #104
MONOLITH
Grey Wolf

Name calling, vulgarity, condescension, insults; those are all elements of your posts Lehmann.

I find it both laughable and distressing that anyone who calls you on your rude antics here is considered a 'sh!t-stirrer'; and that it's as tolerated as it is.

Both of our posts clearly speak for themselves. The real truth of "who's the numbskull" is fairly evident.

As we all know, Neal's given you the golden pass to act like an ass to other members here and get away with it. That's fine. Little insecure men act like real tough guys from behind their keyboards. Maybe you should bring your keyboard to the next sub meet where we can continue this discussion in person.

Go ahead now and post back some more childish insults and rants. I'm pretty much done paying attention to it. But at least you'll entertain the crowd. Everyone loves a clown.
Old 03-23-08, 11:01 PM   #105
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Name calling, vulgarity, condescension, insults; those are all elements of your posts Lehmann.

I find it both laughable and distressing that anyone who calls you on your rude antics here is considered a 'sh!t-stirrer'; and that it's as tolerated as it is.

Both of our posts clearly speak for themselves. The real truth of "who's the numbskull" is fairly evident.

As we all know, Neal's given you the golden pass to act like an ass to other members here and get away with it. That's fine. Little insecure men act like real tough guys from behind their keyboards. Maybe you should bring your keyboard to the next sub meet where we can continue this discussion in person.

Go ahead now and post back some more childish insults and rants. I'm pretty much done paying attention to it. But at least you'll entertain the crowd. Everyone loves a clown.
Interesting to see how you can somehow claim some sense of moral superiority by resorting to threats of violence against me AND a slap at Neal virtually in the same breath.

Maybe someday, you'll come down from that mountain and learn to control yourself.

Who's the big talking clown in the end?

www.thegreywolves.com
Closed Thread