Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 07-15-07, 03:21 AM   #1
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default So I happen across IL-2 1946 thingy...

AKA, my Dad bought it and I confiscated it from him like usual (hey got into Silent hunter that way) Alright lets go... Get everything set up, throw in some userdefined commands set it right for my joystick (Saitec ST290 pro) and start a campaign, since I suck I set to lowish realism (but im still vulnrable)

USN cause they rule, ok an aircraft carrier cool, wait for my turn, liftoff, np yet, do the mission rather easy getting a feel for the game, come how line up with the aircraft carrier, attempt landing....

Oops kinda stratched the paintjob there and took off a wheel, so lets fly back around for another pass... blah blah blah Im aligned come down looks like a good landing.. tail hook out and TOUCH DOWN... skidd.. oh there goes my wing.... and BOOOM there goes the deck crew as I smash into the tower thing on the aircraft carrier and blow to peices. Maybe I should go join the USAAF. Which I do. A bit easier but the planes like to turn to the right when I take off and once I correct bank left.. kinda fustrating but Ive gotten a few kills and have gotten shot down by bomber gunners with paintball guns.

Ive also had a couple times were I forget to reset my throttle and smash into the guy in front of me. :rotfl:

Good game, love the formations and stuff that happens when you hit auto pilot, though pilots like to whine like sub-sim goers when Silent Hunter 4 came out if your not in formation or something.

Now if only I could play more... still playing Eve-Online way to much :p (just got t2 small auto-cannons )