SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-04-16, 09:04 PM   #1
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345
Uploads: 0
Icon9 Mod order help for GFO please help

ok guys, been fighting here and there and been trying to find info on some mods. i need help on how to activate them in a good order. i also find that even following the GFO order the eyes are still missing from their faces. im going to do a clean install again and start over. heres my MOD list. this is not what is activated. its just what i have in my folder.

#1 Real Environment mod install
3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)
3000 Yard-Meter Bearing Tools (1280x960)
Bigger Better Protractors
Extra Allied naval bases for SH4 + UBM + TMO v1.7 (v1.0)
Eye Patch for Stock
Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1
GFO Patch for Real Env
GFO Patch for RSRDC v401
GFO Snorkel Name Change
Magnified Hud Dials for v1.5_Large
MaxOptics IV for GFO 1.1
MaxOptics3 for SCAF 1.5
Metric Nomographs
Nav Map Make-Over v2.1
New Orders Bar Menu
NMMO v2.1 Patch 1 no AB
Remove grain effect
RSRDC_SH15_V400
RSRDC_SH15_V401
RSRDC_SH15_V550
RSRDC_V4XX_Patch1
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
SCAF for SH 1.5
Sobers compass mod_version color
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
US Torpedo Test Mission
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton
Webster's Improved US Torpedo v2
Webster's New sonar view for v1.5
Webster's No Crew Fatigue
Webster's Ship Manuvering Fix
Webster's Upgraded Deck Gun v1

thanks in advance for all the help and suggestions.

drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 09:15 PM   #2
fithah4
Torpedoman

Downloads: 105

The "Webster's GFO Mod v1.1" folder contains the GFO read me as well as the read me for all the mods in GFO and install
info along with the "GFO Snorkel Patch" folder.

Mod Installation order for GFO + RSRDC v401:
-stock game v1.5
-Game Fixes Only Mod
-Webster's New Orders Bar Menu for v1.5
-RSRDC v401 for stock (v550+patch1 can be used but some ships wont get the manuvering fix)
-GFO Patch for RSRDC v401
-then install the GFO Snorkel Name Fix only if needed

Mod Installation order for GFO + Real Env #1:
-stock game v1.5
-Game Fixes Only Mod
-Real Environments #1
-GFO Patch for Real Environments #1

Mod Installation order for GFO + Real Env #1 + RSRDC v401:
-stock game v1.5
-Game Fixes Only Mod
-Real Environments #1
-GFO Patch for Real Environments #1
-RSRDC v401 for stock (v550+patch1 can be used but some ships wont get the manuvering fix)
-GFO Patch for RSRDC v401

NOTE - think of GFO as if it was the stock game when you are trying to decide on the correct install order for using additional mods.

Fith
fithah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 09:22 PM   #3
fithah4
Torpedoman

Downloads: 105

Start out with the "CORE " of the mod you are trying to build them enter one mod at a time to see if you have a mod soup conflict to narrow it down easily, what works and don't work.
Other wise your be pulling you hair out and cussing the computer........been there before!!

The Berbster has a link with some info on loading mods and other info.....
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=219029

Fith
fithah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 11:03 PM   #4
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

yeah thats what ive been doing but some mods i cant tell if they are working or if it took away from the GFO mod. ive started with the basics core which you posted above but i have another copied and pasted info ive had before and in that mod order it does have MaxOptics or RSRD mods listed in any order. in the first part of his description on the latest GFO forum post he states to use MaxOptics IV instead of MO 3. when you look into the SCAF folder it has the MaxOptics3 for SCAF but i can not find MaxOptics IV for SCAF so from another post. in my mod order, do i just use MO IV and dont add SCAF or do i add SCAF as it says and put MaxOptics IV for GFO after it and call it a day? i just need to know from other GFO users if im going in the right direction.
Old 12-04-16, 11:19 PM   #5
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

ok so upon reading which mods are in GFO 1.1 i did find it does have SCAF and his Ship Manuevering Fix as well, so i guess all i have to do is enable MO IV for GFO and be done with it.
Old 12-04-16, 11:55 PM   #6
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

ok so heres my list now. for some reason my bridge crew has no eyes but my interior ones do. after i removed eye patch. before they had the zombie eyes and my interior crew had no eyes.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1
New Orders Bar Menu
GFO Patch for Real Env
RSRDC_SH15_V401
GFO Patch for RSRDC v401
MaxOptics IV for GFO 1.1
Extra Allied naval bases for SH4 + UBM + TMO v1.7 (v1.0)
Old 12-05-16, 09:13 AM   #7
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Most of Webster's mods are incorporated within GFO. Check out the readme and see which of your mods are not necessary!

Also, bigger better protractors operates on the infamous menu_1024_768.ini file. As soon as you load it up all other changes made by other mods are nuked! I'd not load it. The extra naval bases mod has some TMO specific things in it that will give your game unpredictable trouble. Unless you know enough to operate on the mod and remove all the TMO specific parts of it I'd leave that one alone too.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 08:45 PM   #8
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

alright ill try that. is there another mod that adds navel bases around. the one thing i could never stand is doing a patrol and having the hit or miss of running out of fuel. its nice to have some ports i can stroll into and refuel.
Old 12-06-16, 09:04 AM   #9
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

These subs have plenty of fuel to do missions until you're absolutely bored and want to return to port. I routinely pick up four or five assignments and never have any trouble getting back to Pearl from Japan or the Straits of Formosa. The trick is not to gallivant all over the ocean at high throttle settings. Your top fuel economy is at about 9.5 knots. With that your range is immense. Double your speed and cut your mileage by a factor of at least four.

Faster speeds can be used in combat without impacting your ability to return to base because you're using those speeds such a small proportion of the time. You can be at Japan with a quarter tank and easily get back to Pearl Harbor at cruise speed of 9.5 knots. So there is no hit or miss. There are good boat handling skills and bad ones.
Old 12-06-16, 09:46 AM   #10
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

seams like you got the rest sorted out already so i'll just address this part

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
for some reason my bridge crew has no eyes but my interior ones do. after i removed eye patch. before they had the zombie eyes and my interior crew had no eyes.
I found this happened to me all the time when I first tried the eye patch.

this mod was needed for a select few older video cards and I think it was just something to do with the drivers for them so while only a limited few people ever needed it to begin with, you no longer need this mod at all for the game.

the problem with this mod is it causes irreversible game corruption you cant fix so the only remedy is to uninstall the game, manually go into your computer files and delete the sh4 folder found in your "C"drive/programs files, then delete the sh4 folder in your documents folder and do a fresh new reinstall off the game. then the eyes will be normal again.

if you have a clean unmodded backup copy of the sh4 "data" folder, something everyone should do for insurance against corrupted game files, then you don't have to reinstall the game, you just need to delete the "data" folder in your programs files found inside the "ubisoft/sh4" folder and copy and paste a fresh new version in its place.

as for your mod list i'll see what I can add to what has already been mentioned above

3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)
3000 Yard-Meter Bearing Tools (1280x960)
Extra Allied naval bases for SH4 + UBM + TMO v1.7 (v1.0) pretty sure this one is only supposed to be used with TMO v1.7 or not at all
Eye Patch for Stock never use this mod unless you already have eyes missing, it causes them to disappear and corrupts the game files
Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1
GFO Patch for Real Env
GFO Patch for RSRDC v401
GFO Snorkel Name Change
Magnified Hud Dials for v1.5_Large
MaxOptics IV for GFO 1.1 im pretty sure you can only use one version of maxoptics at a time, not both
MaxOptics3 for SCAF 1.5 im pretty sure you can only use one version of maxoptics at a time, not both
Metric Nomographs
Nav Map Make-Over v2.1
New Orders Bar Menu
NMMO v2.1 Patch 1 no AB
Remove grain effect
RSRDC_SH15_V400 you can only use one version at a time, not all 3 versions at the same time
RSRDC_SH15_V401 you can only use one version at a time, not all 3 versions at the same time
RSRDC_SH15_V550 you can only use one version at a time, not all 3 versions at the same time
RSRDC_V4XX_Patch1 only use one version at a time, not both at the same time
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1 only use one version at a time, not both at the same time
SCAF for SH 1.5
US Torpedo Test Mission
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton
Webster's Ship Manuvering Fix

the key with GFO is its designed to be used "first" to patch or fix the game issues and make a few "minor" eye candy fixes as well

all mods should be added to the game after GFO except where specified such as my patches for mods used with GFO

using mods on top of GFO can "sometimes" undo changes made by GFO and revert some aspects of the game back to stock but they shouldn't cause any issues with the game otherwise.

think of GFO as the last patch for the game that ubisoft never made for it, and just like the stock game you can use "just about" any mod you want to use with it and at the worst you just undo some, most, or in the case of the large super mods like FOTRS, TMO,RFB, they will undo all the fixes made by GFO so its pretty pointless to use those mods on top of GFO but you can, that's pretty much the way I designed it, so GFO is infinitely moddable and compatible with "almost" any mods

Last edited by Webster; 12-06-16 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-06-16, 07:32 PM   #11
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

hey webster. glad you responded. i did a fresh install and still got the missing eyes. i deleted everything even the My documents folder. the mod list you posted in your reply was everything that i had put into my "MODS" folder. not activated. this is my Activated list as of now.

Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1
New Orders Bar Menu
GFO Patch for Real Env
RSRDC_SH15_V401
GFO Patch for RSRDC v401
MaxOptics IV for GFO 1.1

to rockin robin, yes ive patrolled on and under 2/3s and patrolled in the designated square or frame/ sector at 1/3 and still have ran out of fuel trying to get back to port to refuel between missions. but as you stated. its probably due to my poor judgement as to when to set sail for port. but historically wasnt there ports that submarines would do the exact thing im trying to mod that we were allied with and such?

back to webster,
so for the RSRD over the v401 your ship physics doesnt work for some ships, is this because it adds ships that havent been added to your physics or whats going with that ? because i use v401 to get the full effect out of your mods. im just trying to understand these mods and how they work so i know and can figure out how to apply them.
Old 12-06-16, 08:06 PM   #12
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
to rockin robin, yes ive patrolled on and under 2/3s and patrolled in the designated square or frame/ sector at 1/3 and still have ran out of fuel trying to get back to port to refuel between missions. but as you stated. its probably due to my poor judgement as to when to set sail for port. but historically wasnt there ports that submarines would do the exact thing im trying to mod that we were allied with and such?
There is a quick way to run out of fuel. Get depth charged and get holes in your fuel tank. I've had that happen and you're stuck when it happens. Of course additional ports wouldn't help that.
Old 12-06-16, 09:46 PM   #13
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

ah, thats true as well. good to keep in mind.

well just did a fresh install and this is my Activated mod list now

Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1
New Orders Bar Menu
GFO Patch for Real Env
RSRDC_SH15_V401
GFO Patch for RSRDC v401
MaxOptics IV for GFO 1.1

im still getting no eyes on bridge crew but eyes in the interior down below. i dont know whats going on here. ive never had this problem before. usually i have no eyes and the eye patch fixes it.
Old 12-07-16, 05:32 PM   #14
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
hey webster. glad you responded. i did a fresh install and still got the missing eyes.
the thing to remember is even though you uninstalled the game, any "changed/modded" files will still be left behind and they instantly corrupt the game as you reinstall the game. what you have to do is uninstall the game and then go into your computer files and manually delete the leftover files. its a PITA to do this every time your game gets corrupted but you get used to doing it after a while.

uninstalling the game ONLY removes the original unmodified files so any file that was changed by adding a mod stays there until you go find it and delete it yourself, uninstallers are useless and don't work on those files. also if you forget to uninstall all mods before doing an uninstall and reinstall it can leave a huge number of files left behind
Old 12-07-16, 06:24 PM   #15
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Most of Webster's mods are incorporated within GFO. Check out the readme and see which of your mods are not necessary!

Also, bigger better protractors operates on the infamous menu_1024_768.ini file. As soon as you load it up all other changes made by other mods are nuked! I'd not load it. The extra naval bases mod has some TMO specific things in it that will give your game unpredictable trouble. Unless you know enough to operate on the mod and remove all the TMO specific parts of it I'd leave that one alone too.
I'm sorry to correct you RR but the bigger better protractors does not touch the menu_1024_768.ini file.
I'm using it with FOTRS at the moment and there are no conflicts at all, here is the readme from the said mod.

Quote:
This mod changes the map tool large mouse cursors for the course plotter, ruler, and protractor. The new cursors are approximately twice as large as the originals, with higher contrast for better readability. The protractor and ruler are very similar in layout to the originals, but I changed the course plotter to have a usable radial scale for more accurate plotting.
Bigger Better Protractors should be compatible with most other mods. If there is a conlict and you still want to use this mod, you'll need to manually move a few files and edit a few lines of text. Move LineExt.dds, ProtractorExt.dds and SquareExt.dds into Data\Menu\MouseCurs. Next, open Mouse.cfg in Notepad, find the entries for Cursor 12, Cursor 13, and Cursor 16, then change the XO and YO values as follows:
[Cursor 12]
Name=LineExt
XO=256
YO=257
[Cursor 13]
Name=SquareExt
XO=127
YO=128
[Cursor 16]
Name=ProtractorExt
XO=256
YO=257
These values tell the game which pixel is the exact center of the cursor.
I've been using these cursors on my 1680x1050 monitor, and they work well at that resolution. Larger resolutions should also be good, but smaller resolutions may not.
Thanks for reading.
White Owl