SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2018, 08:47 PM   #1456
Nicolas
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 416
Downloads: 157
Uploads: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrody View Post
You can add the FuMB37XXIII mod for Schnorchel-Radar-receiver combination, it is provided in the NYGM3_New add-on as an optional , what i understand is that if you add the mod you will not be able to use the type XXI anymore, instead the mod also enables a type XXIII , check the "NYGMManual2_4&2_5" and the "FuMB37XXXIII readme" .pdfs that are provided in the documentation section of the NYGM3_New folder .
Thanks, but it doesn't appeal to me, i prefer the xxi to finish careers i would love to have radar warning in the snorkel. Anyone can lend a hand? is it too hard to implement? i could edit some files if someone gives clues.
I tried putting fumo391 as radar warning like stiebler said in an old post but that didn't work.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:55 PM   #1457
Nicolas
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 416
Downloads: 157
Uploads: 3
Default

Ok, i made the radar warning on the xxi work. Turning fumo391 to radar warning and adding a sensor with it to the the xxi .sns file and basic.cfg so you can choose another one so it doesn't get destroyed. Thanks to some old posts and mods.

For anyone interested:

Prepare a mod to enable with jsgme.

Edit with silent editor fumo391 in sensors.dat to an radar warning instead or radar. copy the different values in fumo391 belonging to radar from another radar warning device (sweep etc all of that).
Change min sensor height to something less than 1 like 0.1.


Copy the NSS_Uboat21.sns from this mod:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=952
That needs to be placed in data\submarine\nss_uboat21\


I don't know if the following step is neccesary but:

edit basic.cfg

search for 1279 and delete that entry the whole of it.

Add this to the end of items in section EQUIP5

NameIdx8=1279
Year8=1943
Month8=12
NbSub8=1
Sub80=3; Type XXI
Renown8=0
Name8=FuMO391

In the same section EQUIP5 change this:

[EQUIP5]; Radar Warning Receiver
DaysSpent=3; 2
Nb=9;;7; zeta/Anvart/Stiebler <----------------- from 8 to 9.
NameIdx0=1280
Year0=1942
Month0=8
NbSub0=4
Sub00=0
Sub01=1
Sub02=2
Sub03=3
Renown0=0; 100
Name0=FuMB1Metox


Save all modified files to your new mod and enable it. Thats it.

AND, don't choose fumo391 in equipment screen choose another one. The device will be added automatically if you want to change the date that becomes available edit the .sns file (search for fumo391).
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:23 AM   #1458
ArnoldR
Bosun
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 68
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
Ok, i made the radar warning on the xxi work. Turning fumo391 to radar warning and adding a sensor with it to the the xxi .sns file and basic.cfg so you can choose another one so it doesn't get destroyed. Thanks to some old posts and mods.

For anyone interested:

Prepare a mod to enable with jsgme.

Edit with silent editor fumo391 in sensors.dat to an radar warning instead or radar. copy the different values in fumo391 belonging to radar from another radar warning device (sweep etc all of that).
Change min sensor height to something less than 1 like 0.1.


Copy the NSS_Uboat21.sns from this mod:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=952
That needs to be placed in data\submarine\nss_uboat21\


I don't know if the following step is neccesary but:

edit basic.cfg

search for 1279 and delete that entry the whole of it.

Add this to the end of items in section EQUIP5

NameIdx8=1279
Year8=1943
Month8=12
NbSub8=1
Sub80=3; Type XXI
Renown8=0
Name8=FuMO391

In the same section EQUIP5 change this:

[EQUIP5]; Radar Warning Receiver
DaysSpent=3; 2
Nb=9;;7; zeta/Anvart/Stiebler <----------------- from 8 to 9.
NameIdx0=1280
Year0=1942
Month0=8
NbSub0=4
Sub00=0
Sub01=1
Sub02=2
Sub03=3
Renown0=0; 100
Name0=FuMB1Metox


Save all modified files to your new mod and enable it. Thats it.

AND, don't choose fumo391 in equipment screen choose another one. The device will be added automatically if you want to change the date that becomes available edit the .sns file (search for fumo391).
Thanks for sharing!! But.........that sounds like black magic to me!!

.......Is it reallt working?
ArnoldR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:29 AM   #1459
Nicolas
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 416
Downloads: 157
Uploads: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldR View Post
Thanks for sharing!! But.........that sounds like black magic to me!!

.......Is it reallt working?
I tested it submerged in port and yes it works. Even a little antenna on top of the snorkel shows.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #1460
ArnoldR
Bosun
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 68
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
I tested it submerged in port and yes it works. Even a little antenna on top of the snorkel shows.
Wow!!!! That's fantastic!!!


Maybe, when you're sure the mod is well working, you can share with us the mod foilder. I can't install myself, because I understand nothing in what you said above.....
ArnoldR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:58 PM   #1461
Nicolas
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 416
Downloads: 157
Uploads: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldR View Post
Wow!!!! That's fantastic!!!


Maybe, when you're sure the mod is well working, you can share with us the mod foilder. I can't install myself, because I understand nothing in what you said above.....
OK here you are
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238920

Just tested it in my career, had to edit the original files since my files are heavily tweaked.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #1462
ArnoldR
Bosun
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 68
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Wow!! Thank you Sir!!!!
ArnoldR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:22 PM   #1463
Nicolas
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 416
Downloads: 157
Uploads: 3
Default

One question about the hard coded fixes if someone knows, my game seems to work fine but, i installed it some time ago and,

where is this 'Supplement to V16B1' available to download or it is not needed anymore?, the addon 4C documentation does not mention it, some people have it on their mod list some don't...

After patching files with hsie v16b1 and then patching it with the addon 4c files you are good to go? well and editing files if neccesary?

Thanks.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:45 PM   #1464
FUBAR295
Navy Dude
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Decks awash in the North Atlantic
Posts: 175
Downloads: 228
Uploads: 0
Default

If you have and loaded a NYGM mod file titled "Supplement to V16B1(JSGME)" then those additional file are in there.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR295
__________________
Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment



FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:20 AM   #1465
Nicolas
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 416
Downloads: 157
Uploads: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
If you have and loaded a NYGM mod file titled "Supplement to V16B1(JSGME)" then those additional file are in there.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR295
Yes of course i did not deleted them, but...
i don't know, have doubts if it is neccesary to enable that mod now? also i cannot find it anywhere here to read what was about.

See this recommended mod list from stiebler:

(On top of stock SH3):
NYGM 2.5 Stand-alone
NYGM 3_New
NYGM 3_6F
Hsie V16B1
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
Stiebler4C_SubFlag

Recommended optional extras that are added to the end of this set-up:
Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6 (Fixed) [supplied in the Documentation folder of NYGM 3_6F.]
IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen
NYGM_HiRes_Submarines_3_6F

:S ???
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:11 AM   #1466
hauangua
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Verona, Italy
Posts: 663
Downloads: 1165
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
Yes of course i did not deleted them, but...
i don't know, have doubts if it is neccesary to enable that mod now? also i cannot find it anywhere here to read what was about.

See this recommended mod list from stiebler:

(On top of stock SH3):
NYGM 2.5 Stand-alone
NYGM 3_New
NYGM 3_6F
Hsie V16B1
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
Stiebler4C_SubFlag

Recommended optional extras that are added to the end of this set-up:
Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6 (Fixed) [supplied in the Documentation folder of NYGM 3_6F.]
IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen
NYGM_HiRes_Submarines_3_6F

:S ???
Supplement file folder is in
HSIE V16b1 ...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/27tcm2yg29gsqqc/
__________________
Parked under the balcony with my U-27 waiting Juliet finish makeup
hauangua is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 05:27 AM   #1467
Nicolas
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 416
Downloads: 157
Uploads: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Supplement file folder is in
HSIE V16b1 ...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/27tcm2yg29gsqqc/
Thank you for clearing that up!
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:26 AM   #1468
hauangua
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Verona, Italy
Posts: 663
Downloads: 1165
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
Thank you for clearing that up!
__________________
Parked under the balcony with my U-27 waiting Juliet finish makeup
hauangua is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #1469
ArnoldR
Bosun
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 68
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Support RADAR FIXES

Hello,
I have a question about the radras in NYGM. In the manual of v3.6, I read:

"The latest Stiebler hard-code fix, version 4C, provides special Anvart-made turms that also mount both fixed and rotatable radars correctly. Owing to the impossibility of maintaining mod compatibility across NYGM and other super-mods, players of NYGM SHOULD NOT NOW USE the Anvart-Stiebler patch provided with the Stiebler hard-code fix 4C. Instead, download and install from the NYGM website at SubSim this patch: Stiebler4C_SubsFlag (put together by Tycho)"


It's not clear. With Stiebler patch, you can select an option called "Fix for radar on turms", and then you have to enable the mod "ANVART_STIEBLER_TURMSR01R02" with JSGME. Moreover, there is the mod "HiRes_Submarines_3_6F" coming with NYGM v3.6.

So, what to activate or not in fact???? I'm completly lost!!.....
ArnoldR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #1470
ThePrody
not dead yet
 
ThePrody's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 131
Downloads: 116
Uploads: 1
Default

Here are some of the mods that i use with NYGM and they work perfect, never had any problem with any of them :



NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017A
NYGM Tonnage War Minefield Mod
Minefield JPGs
Harbor Traffic Add-In
NYGM_HiRes_Submarines_3_6F
IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen

TMT mod (NYGM version)
Thomsen Sound mod
More wounded & less dead crew v2 - for V16B1 (JSGME)
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
Single Merchant Contact Mod

FM30_UpDown_NYGM_
DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
FM_NewInterior v2.1D
FM_NI_Fix_for_Anvart_FM30_UpDown
etc.


I also had some issues with that text from the documentation and the FM30 (the radar didnt spawned where it should) until i found the FM30 UpDown NYGM mod ( at some point it was part of the mega mod but afterwards it was not anymore ) . You dont need that "flags" mod .

You can find the mod on my mediafire page, do not click on the link, use copy/paste :


https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4f2g0kbgsbwt7/SH3
ThePrody is online   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
torpedos through hull

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2019 Subsim