SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-08, 04:29 AM   #3511
Kruger
Commander

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

I don;t know what to say. I installed ROW sound effects over RFB, and sounds changed. The torpedoes (both tubes and fish) sound now like in TMO, there are different klaxons, men running, different commands. So, I donlt think that it;s exactly the same version in RFB. Overall, I like it better like this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm telling you, there are different sounds.
Kruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 07:01 PM   #3512
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

I would like to obtain a copy of the ROW as it was at David's passing, the link at the start of this thread is not working. I would like to see what he had developed before it was changed to the PE mod. Can someone please put a copy up for download? thanks

I have all the current PE and other files, but i really would like to see what it was before it proceeded into further changes.
Old 11-16-08, 04:41 AM   #3513
Reno
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach
I would like to obtain a copy of the ROW as it was at David's passing, the link at the start of this thread is not working. I would like to see what he had developed before it was changed to the PE mod. Can someone please put a copy up for download? thanks

I have all the current PE and other files, but i really would like to see what it was before it proceeded into further changes.
Hello Admiral. The tribute link and the one below it are not working. The rest of the mod links further down the page, the ones that Dave made 1.4 compatible (in green) should still be active. I don't know about Kriller's add on because I haven't tried it.

The last post from Dave on Christmas Eve mentioned that he felt his latest ROW version with the exception of a few minor changes was ready. His last request was for a group of testers to try it out and send him their inputs. The testers were Rcjonessnp175, Sqk7744, Donut, Letterboy 1, Snuffy, W_Clear, FooFighters , and Reallydedpoet. Specifically he wanted them to look at...and here I'm quoting Dave...

"I will give a short run down on changes and why I needed the testers.
#1. Removed the metalic reflection effect when sun rise and sun down is happening in the higher wind and wave state's.

#2. Gave the wind much more influance over the ocean's surface effect.

#3. There is an increased reflection effect for lower wind and wave states with it dieing down to a very low level as the wind and waves increase.

#4. Sun Halo and sun it's self reflections on the ocean have changed so that they now point downward onto the ocean more.

#5. Higher wind and waves state's are much meaner and more aggrssive in nature and power.

#6. Fog bank created for game with changed fog effects and viewing distances for same.

#7. Changed sea foam effects to get more new sea foam to appear before old created is totaly gone in higher wind states.

Another words can we say overhaul in effect's?

The reason for the changes and rework is my quest to always try and create a more realistic world environment for the game with as much graffics enhancments as it is capable of handling and or creating."

Shortly after Dave passed away Kriller enhanced this version with some changes to sky and water colors, I think, and it was released about a week later as an add on with credits given to Kriller and Dave. I am not sure what changes were made.

I know that prior to Kriller's arrival the testers felt that Dave's latest version was pretty much ready for release. I think it was Foofighter that mentioned excessive reflection on the water and darker water but he apparently fixed that without too much trouble. There was also mention of two minor bugs that may or may not have already been fixed by Dave.

To get Dave's last version that was submitted to the testers, you would have to talk to one of them. I seem to recall reading that Torps also has a copy of all of Dave's work on a backup hard drive somewhere. You might want to talk to him too. As you can see this thread no longer gets much attention. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-08, 12:31 PM   #3514
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19

Hi Reno,
to get this thread back brings back some fine memories , if you knew how much me and Dave PM'ed eachother with ideas and brainstorming until late nights some time....

To see how Dave answered the questions in this thread and the way he was when working with other people is something I will allways remember.

Anyway it looks like the link to the addon on the first page doesn't work, but I still have all the original files from our work on ROW and the addon on my harrdisk for memories sake, I can't get myself to delete them.. You can try the Addon which indeed is Dave's latest work, I just did some adjusments to his scene work and finished the mod so that it could be released to the public.

Shall I send them to you?

EDIT: here is the addon for ROW, you can install this on top ROW it contains Dave's latest scene file with some small adjustments and Dave's skycontrols and my textures:

Addon for reflections on the water

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod

Last edited by kriller2; 11-16-08 at 01:03 PM.
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-08, 05:20 PM   #3515
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Kriller, if it is not too much trouble, i would love to get a copy of the orginal files too, if that is possible, and I am dl the add on now. I am very interested to see what Dave ended up with, he seems like such a special person and I am very interested to see his seasoned and highly developed ideas about improvments, prior to trying other environment mods, as I really really appreciate the nuances of natural environments very much, being in a creative profession myself.

thanks for the add one and i can send you my e mail if that will help in sharing the files.
Old 11-16-08, 05:36 PM   #3516
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19

Hi Admiral,

You are welcome To install ROW you need to pick the files from page one of this thread from the numbers 1 - 9 and install each, but only choose one option of each number f.ex. 2b is a special camera (see this screenshot as an example on how to install it with JSGME which you need to install any mod on subsim, google it

I have checked the links and the download links still works.

Then when ROW runs okay on your computer you can install the addon as the last file.

The installation of ROW was dificult to explain and that's why I have tried to keep i more simple in PE which contains the same files, but with me and all the other guys from the PE/ROW teams developments, such as shell effects, oil fire and smoke, new water shader, new textures etc etc.

A warning! don't use ROW with TM, RFB or any other big mod it will not work and there is a chance that your PC will suddenly restart.

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod

Last edited by kriller2; 11-16-08 at 05:58 PM.
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-08, 08:08 PM   #3517
Reno
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 4

Thanks for the help Kriller. I was actually asking for the Admiral and it sounds like he has what he needs.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-08, 08:18 PM   #3518
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

thank you both, that was very kind. I feel ready, almost i still have more study to do, yes i wil do 1.4 first. and keep it very simple. and ys, no major mods while i look at ROW, and maybe a few of the earliest mods. I need to work up slowly and in fact i will be studyihg SH III for a while too, so i can understand what is here and what all of you ahve achieved....so there is much to do. but thanks so much, and for the update that helps a lot to have that...the whole deal. really appreciate it.

I can't ever 'meet" Dave in person now, but i really wanted to see his work, and the work you all helped with after

Adm VG Chris

EDIT: ADD ON

I am thinking after a careful read that 3a and 3b are different and both needed.

Also I am going to try the mid range foam, the high rez foam may be too much for my system, which may have trouble with some of the hightest end mods....

AMD 3400 2.6 ghz 3 GB RAM, 400 GB HD , FX 7600 GT, Audigy 2ZS, 64x system, XP SP2

so i will proceed with caution and see how things go.

Last edited by Admiral Von Gerlach; 11-16-08 at 08:38 PM.
Admiral Von Gerlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-09, 11:01 PM   #3519
ShadowWolf81
Watch

Downloads: 1

Please do not take this as any kind of 'bump' (i know how picky some forum mods can be! )

I just got Silent Hunter 4 + the U-boad add on from Direct to Drive.. and i instantly fell in love with the game (got it after watching a few you-tube videos) I 'think' the video's i origionaly fell in love with were useing the ROW mod.. and im guessing thats what the mod linked in the post starting this thread is =)..

only problem is... there's like 30? links up there .... and being literaly a 'newbie' to SH4.... and with a fresh install.. anyone able to, and willing to give me a quick guide on just how to download and install the mod?

Any help is creatly apreciated =D
ShadowWolf81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-09, 11:37 PM   #3520
ShadowWolf81
Watch

Meh.. nvm.. none of the links work =(

Anyone know were i can get this now with live links?
Old 09-16-09, 12:12 AM   #3521
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Have you tried this one..

http://www.silenthuntermods.com/foru...hp?topic=144.0

However, PE is an old env mod now. You may be more interested in Env5 or Real Env.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 12:33 AM   #3522
ShadowWolf81
Watch

yea.. just stumbled onto the PE4 link.... whats the differance in the 3?... was realy looking for the RoW mod i origionaly saw... then kinda stumbled onto the PE mod... now im back to haveing 3 to chose from? heh.

which would you sudjest?... realy just looking for a mod that adds to the eye-candy.. dont want overpowerd torps, or super-subs
Old 09-16-09, 12:13 PM   #3523
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

It's basically a work in progress. Dave.."Leovampire" who started this thread and a chief mod maker passed away. Others continued his work and added to it and made other enviroment mods.

After PE4 came Env5, then the newest is Real Env.

I run TMO1.7 a supermod that uses Env5. Sometimes I run Real Env over it.

Most mods don't add the overpowered stuff, but actually make the game more realistic and harder.

You can use either one, I would use Env 5 or Real Env.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-09, 02:52 PM   #3524
ShadowWolf81
Watch

Heyas. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Just have one more question.... and asked this on the REL thread to.... I first downloaded and tries the RE4 mod and installed it useing the mod installer tool..... decided then to give the REL mod a try... so using the mod program again I uninstalled the RE4, then installed REL instead... like that one betrer... but... the water on my sceen still has that real dark blue look to it that the re4 mod gave it... did unistalling it with the mod tool leavw some filea hnges from the origional? Or is the water in REL sapost to be that blue? Or should I just reinstall sh4 freah then load up REL to get it looking righr?