SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-11-17, 01:21 AM   #7051
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453
Uploads: 0

There was probably a buggy ship trying to load in the mid 40's convoy, that was not present in the later convoys.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-17, 07:58 AM   #7052
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
There was probably a buggy ship trying to load in the mid 40's convoy, that was not present in the later convoys.
Yes, my toughts exactly.
There was something defintely wrong with those ships. The one time i managed to get a visual on that convoy before the game CTD, two of its ships were engulfed in flames! i dint touch them, and there wasnt rough weather. So why were they on fire? beats me.

Oh well, whatever the case, im happy to be playing GWX again along with NYGM.
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-17, 08:14 AM   #7053
nik112
Captain

Downloads: 367

Hi Guys
i have a prob for a long time and i don't know what to do. I had post a quest some time ago but i haven't got reply. The prob is that i start a carrer in the begining af war or at jul 1940 everything is ok till summer of 1942 that taking ctd's and i haven't get after Automn 1942. Noticed that happens when i get radar (fumo 29) or radar warning receiver. I red the manual and its written that must enable "Gwx late war snorkel antennas" start the game enable fumo 29 radar, go back, start the game again and all will be ok but it does't. I want to have ixd2 but only with wac4.1 managed to got it, but for some reasons i like gwx.

Please help

cheers
nik112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-17, 07:16 PM   #7054
Benzin1973
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik112 View Post
Hi Guys
i have a prob for a long time and i don't know what to do. I had post a quest some time ago but i haven't got reply. The prob is that i start a carrer in the begining af war or at jul 1940 everything is ok till summer of 1942 that taking ctd's and i haven't get after Automn 1942. Noticed that happens when i get radar (fumo 29) or radar warning receiver. I red the manual and its written that must enable "Gwx late war snorkel antennas" start the game enable fumo 29 radar, go back, start the game again and all will be ok but it does't. I want to have ixd2 but only with wac4.1 managed to got it, but for some reasons i like gwx.

Please help

cheers
Hi, Please post you mod list.
Old 04-18-17, 09:56 AM   #7055
nik112
Captain

Τhat's my mod list
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation=1
German U-Boats Compilation 2 (only VIIB & VIIC models by WISE)=2
New U-Boat Guns Fixed Reworked (for German U-Boats Compilation)=3
FixAllSubGWX=4
Conus' SH3GWXWS 2.3=5
ail Das Boot officers mod v2.14=6
blue menu II=7
CapZapEmblemsPack_Final=8
icons for the left menu=9
EAX_Sound_Sim_SH3=10
Destroyers&Corvette=11
Haunting Atlantic Wind=12
Torpedo Hydrophone Sound=13
Antisub net sounds muted=14
LifeBoats&Debris_v4=15
Lutzow's Officers - SET6=16
new Torpedo_HAHD_1024_GWX=17
No continuous 'Ship spotted' V1.2 for GWX3=18
Red Night Map=19
Sh3_volumetric_clouds&fog_V2.2=20
Sub Image mod=21
WB's Mission Orders Lite v1.1=22
U-Boat IXC (Skin 1 (U-123)) Turm 1-2-3=23
Gwx sensors=24
Hull damage made by torpedo impact mod=25
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas=26

cheers
Old 04-20-17, 08:22 PM   #7056
Benzin1973
Engineer

Quote:
Τhat's my mod list
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation=1
German U-Boats Compilation 2 (only VIIB & VIIC models by WISE)=2
New U-Boat Guns Fixed Reworked (for German U-Boats Compilation)=3
FixAllSubGWX=4
Conus' SH3GWXWS 2.3=5
ail Das Boot officers mod v2.14=6
blue menu II=7
CapZapEmblemsPack_Final=8
icons for the left menu=9
EAX_Sound_Sim_SH3=10
Destroyers&Corvette=11
Haunting Atlantic Wind=12
Torpedo Hydrophone Sound=13
Antisub net sounds muted=14
LifeBoats&Debris_v4=15
Lutzow's Officers - SET6=16
new Torpedo_HAHD_1024_GWX=17
No continuous 'Ship spotted' V1.2 for GWX3=18
Red Night Map=19
Sh3_volumetric_clouds&fog_V2.2=20
Sub Image mod=21
WB's Mission Orders Lite v1.1=22
U-Boat IXC (Skin 1 (U-123)) Turm 1-2-3=23
Gwx sensors=24
Hull damage made by torpedo impact mod=25
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas=26

cheers
Im not familiar with many of those mods, so i cant tell you with 100% certainty wich one is conflicting with wich one, but from their description i can see several of those mods change equippment/uboat related files, so my best guess is that one of those mods in in conflict with another one.

Another possibility is that your main.cfg file located in you documents/SH3 folder got corrupted (it happens often).
My advice is:

Open the main.cfg file in your My Documents/SH3/data/cfg folder with notepad, check if it has this section:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=32
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=8
PrayState=8
HunterState=64
3DRender=32
Maximum=4096

For some reason the game sometimes deletes it and it doesnt run, if its missing, just copy & paste the above section into it. If it still doesnt work, move that file to another location so that the game re-creates it, and try to start the game again.

if that doesnt work, then maybe its a mod conflict, so:

1.- Disable all your mods, untill you are left with GWX included mods only.

2.- Try to load a save game, but when you are in base, NOT a mid patrol save. Or even better, try to start the new career in the year you had those CTDs. If the game still crashes, then i would say your installation is corrupted, try doing a clean install of the game and GWX.

3.- if it works with the mods disabled, try enabling one by one and testing on each, untill you get the CTD, now you should know what mod is causing problems.

hope this helps
Old 04-20-17, 11:32 PM   #7057
mikey117us
Engineer

Downloads: 162

I think the problem is german U-boat compilation II. ( models by wise ) they are not finished. Alltgough there is a Turm type VIIb 2, there is no Turm VIIC 2. So if your Basic.cfg automatically changes the Turm to type 2, then CTD. You must disable wise boats just before autumn 1942 or the date in basic.cfg when Z01=2 ( Turm change ) and continue forward with your career with original VIIC in u-boat compilation mod. Wise updates his thread on continuing work and when released his VIIC model will be playable till 1945.

Last edited by mikey117us; 04-20-17 at 11:37 PM. Reason: More info regarding CTDs
mikey117us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 12:35 AM   #7058
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey117us View Post
I think the problem is german U-boat compilation II. ( models by wise ) they are not finished. Alltgough there is a Turm type VIIb 2, there is no Turm VIIC 2. So if your Basic.cfg automatically changes the Turm to type 2, then CTD. You must disable wise boats just before autumn 1942 or the date in basic.cfg when Z01=2 ( Turm change ) and continue forward with your career with original VIIC in u-boat compilation mod. Wise updates his thread on continuing work and when released his VIIC model will be playable till 1945.
I completely agree with you. We all hope and wait for Wise to complete its work.
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 10:54 AM   #7059
nik112
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey117us View Post
Hi guys
The above was my first thought. So i disabled them and stayed with the stock ones, but again i had ctd and the game doesn't started. So i uninstalled it clean my disk and waiting instructions. In my opinion something's wrong with fumo 29 radar or with radar warning receiver because from 2013 and then i haven't past fall of 1942 and i played other mods ( lsh3-wac).

cheers
Old 04-21-17, 11:11 AM   #7060
mikey117us
Engineer

I also see GWX sensors. Don't know this mod. U-boat compilation mod has it's own unique sensor files. Also there is a fix for u-boat compilation Fumo. I would try your mod order as recommended by U-boat compilation mod. Enable them LAST. U-boat compilation mod, your texture choices for type IX , any/all fixes for u-boat compilation mod, and last FixAllSubsGWX . There are alot of files that can get broken with u-boat compilation mod so always put them last.
Old 04-21-17, 03:11 PM   #7061
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Quote:
Hi guys
The above was my first thought. So i disabled them and stayed with the stock ones, but again i had ctd and the game doesn't started. So i uninstalled it clean my disk and waiting instructions. In my opinion something's wrong with fumo 29 radar or with radar warning receiver because from 2013 and then i haven't past fall of 1942 and i played other mods ( lsh3-wac).

cheers
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...7&postcount=19
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 12:54 AM   #7062
Benzin1973
Engineer

Default GWX just doesnt love me anymore.

Just a few posts back i reported having CTDs with GWX3 when approaching convoys near gibraltar.
After hours of troubleshooting, resintalling everything, disabling mods to no avail, i Changed flotilla, patrol grid and problem seemed to stop.

Well now its late 1942, different flotilla (7th), different grid, and the problem is back.
When i approach certain convoys, i get a CTD. And if i manage to get a glimpse at the ships, some of them are on fire just like before.
Here is a pic i managed to take while approaching the convoy, just before the CTD...

Weather is bad and its night, but as you can see that ship is clearly on fire for no apparent reason. If i continue to approach that convoy, CTD.
Just as before.

It seems GWX just doesnt love me anymore. I guess it must be my "affair" with NYGM.
Guess ill have to leave GWX and commit to NYGM 100%
Old 05-08-17, 08:19 AM   #7063
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin1973 View Post
Just a few posts back i reported having CTDs with GWX3 when approaching convoys near gibraltar.
After hours of troubleshooting, resintalling everything, disabling mods to no avail, i Changed flotilla, patrol grid and problem seemed to stop.

Well now its late 1942, different flotilla (7th), different grid, and the problem is back.
When i approach certain convoys, i get a CTD. And if i manage to get a glimpse at the ships, some of them are on fire just like before.
Here is a pic i managed to take while approaching the convoy, just before the CTD...

Weather is bad and its night, but as you can see that ship is clearly on fire for no apparent reason. If i continue to approach that convoy, CTD.
Just as before.

It seems GWX just doesnt love me anymore. I guess it must be my "affair" with NYGM.
Guess ill have to leave GWX and commit to NYGM 100%
Did you run Large Address Aware? That is essential to maximizing use of your systems memory beyond the 2Gb limit in the game. Also, is your game loaded to any directory other than the default program files directory? We recommend you create a new directory on your primary drive and install and run the game from there. For example, I use C:\Games\Ubisoft\SH3 or C:\Games\Ubisoft\SH4. That plus the Large Address Aware prevents virtually all CTD's.

Hope that helps!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 04:35 PM   #7064
mikey117us
Engineer

This recommendation is given for 64-bit systems. This is to prevent the Default Installation Path for SH3 of C:Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft,,etc. which will defeat the patched .exe from being large address aware, as the OS will run it as a 32-bit executable no matter if patched or not. Outside C:Program Files (x86) in a 64-bit OS, SH3 and GWX 3.0 as well as other Mods ( and Super-Mods ) SH3 can draw 3.7GB+ of memory. ( I have never so far been able to exceed this amount ) So the recommendation is best suited for,
1:64-bit OS.
2:8GB or more of available Memory.
3:Suitable Graphics card 1GB, or more onboard memory.
3:Large Address Aware SH3.exe.
4:Windows Compatibility Mode.
5:Run Program as Administrator.
Old 05-08-17, 05:18 PM   #7065
Benzin1973
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Did you run Large Address Aware? That is essential to maximizing use of your systems memory beyond the 2Gb limit in the game. Also, is your game loaded to any directory other than the default program files directory? We recommend you create a new directory on your primary drive and install and run the game from there. For example, I use C:\Games\Ubisoft\SH3 or C:\Games\Ubisoft\SH4. That plus the Large Address Aware prevents virtually all CTD's.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice!
My sh3.exe does have the memory patch (from hsie fixes), and its installed on my steam folder (i have the steam version). My steam folder is not in program files, i allways install it to just "C:\Games\Steam" to avoid issues.

I just cant figure out whats wrong. This time after more tries (im stubborn) i managed to get close to the convoy, look at the ships (i havent attacked yet):

Not shown in picture, but there is a total of 4 ships on fire.

Since for some reason this time game dint CTD, I shadowed the convoy for several hours, none of the ships sunk on their own, it seems its their cargo that is on fire? I also noticed that for several hours they were moving in zig zag, like they do when under attack (they never saw me).
Im not sure this is what causes the CTDs, but i think it may be related, as an indicator that something is wrong with those convoys.