SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-04-16, 07:22 AM   #1
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Quick questions about OLC 127 + Manos Optics

Hello,

I'm using OLC 127 core files + Manos Optics x6. Here are my questions :

- how to change icon of ships/airplanes when you zoom in, as it was before in stock game, to see the form of the hull ? It perturbs me a bit ...

- how to allow to draw some things (course, circles, etc.) on the nav map when game is paused ? and also zoom in and out ?

- how to remove the grey transparent background when game is paused ?

Finally, i would like to say a BIG thanks for the outstanding work made by both modders, OLC and Manos. Thank you !
Old 08-04-16, 01:45 PM   #2
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Hello,

I'm using OLC 127 core files + Manos Optics x6. Here are my questions :

- how to change icon of ships/airplanes when you zoom in, as it was before in stock game, to see the form of the hull ? It perturbs me a bit ...

- how to allow to draw some things (course, circles, etc.) on the nav map when game is paused ? and also zoom in and out ?

- how to remove the grey transparent background when game is paused ?

Finally, i would like to say a BIG thanks for the outstanding work made by both modders, OLC and Manos. Thank you !
hello Kedras,
for achieving your requests follow these steps:
1. unable Olc's and Manos's mods
2. open files of Olc's mod and go to data/menu/cfg folder.
in there , open the maps.cfg and find the lines (one for the attack map and one for the navigation map) ''SymbolZoom=''.
set there the value 20 to both lines.Save (this will give you the ships's hulls in maps)
3. keep on Olc's mod files and go to data/cfg folder.
in there , open the Commands_en.cfg and go to entry ''[Cmd73]''.
there, change the line ''Ctxt=1'' to ''Ctxt=1,2''. Save and you are done with Olc's mod files. enable the mod again.
4. open files of Manos's mod and go to data/menu folder.
in there open the ''menu_1024_768'' and find the G30 entries.Keep only the first three entries ( [G30 I1],[G30 I2] and [G30 I3] ) as they are and delete all other G30 entries that are below them.Save and enable again the Manos's mod
(the 3 and 4 actions will eliminate the pause shadow and will allow you to draw or zoom the map when paused)

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-16, 07:26 AM   #3
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hello Kedras,
for achieving your requests follow these steps:
1. unable Olc's and Manos's mods
2. open files of Olc's mod and go to data/menu/cfg folder.
in there , open the maps.cfg and find the lines (one for the attack map and one for the navigation map) ''SymbolZoom=''.
set there the value 20 to both lines.Save (this will give you the ships's hulls in maps)
3. keep on Olc's mod files and go to data/cfg folder.
in there , open the Commands_en.cfg and go to entry ''[Cmd73]''.
there, change the line ''Ctxt=1'' to ''Ctxt=1,2''. Save and you are done with Olc's mod files. enable the mod again.
4. open files of Manos's mod and go to data/menu folder.
in there open the ''menu_1024_768'' and find the G30 entries.Keep only the first three entries ( [G30 I1],[G30 I2] and [G30 I3] ) as they are and delete all other G30 entries that are below them.Save and enable again the Manos's mod
(the 3 and 4 actions will eliminate the pause shadow and will allow you to draw or zoom the map when paused)
Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you !
All is good now !

Old 08-05-16, 08:08 AM   #4
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Another question :

In the TDC and also the attack periscope windows, on the left dial showing the salvo settings, there are no numbers written. Is it normal ? Is a file missing ?

Old 08-05-16, 02:45 PM   #5
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Another question :

In the TDC and also the attack periscope windows, on the left dial showing the salvo settings, there are no numbers written. Is it normal ? Is a file missing ?

if you look in Olc's 127 mod pack you will see a folder named as ''U-boat''. look inside this folder , pick the name of the sub you are intending to use and put it into your mods folder.enable it

Old 08-06-16, 06:26 AM   #6
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
if you look in Olc's 127 mod pack you will see a folder named as ''U-boat''. look inside this folder , pick the name of the sub you are intending to use and put it into your mods folder.enable it
Thank you, that's it ! Strange that he didn't display the numbers on the dial directly from the NSS_Uboat[type].cfg files, as it was in the stock game ...
Old 08-07-16, 02:18 PM   #7
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Thank you, that's it ! Strange that he didn't display the numbers on the dial directly from the NSS_Uboat[type].cfg files, as it was in the stock game ...
there is a reason for that and can't be avoid so have in mind to set these images before you jump into a new sub

Old 03-07-17, 01:03 PM   #8
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Exclamation

I've found a problem with the navigation map.

At this scale (and only at this scale), when you move the map, the grid and the harbours are not moving at the same speed, and they are not correctly placed :

It seems that the grid has not the same scale as the map (compare Gibraltar and Brest positions). I don't know if it is exclusively related to this mod. Do you know any way to solve this bug ?

Last edited by Kendras; 03-07-17 at 01:14 PM.