SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-23-17, 09:24 AM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default someone with the skill fix this?

Noticed the merchants in my "ship pack" which are ships from FOTRS do not have the thick black smoke when vicker's different smoke mod is enabled, while the other native merchants zinbu maru etc do have the smoke. This mod is a critical part of gameplay esp if playing without contact etc as it makes visual tracking from distance possible(as often happened in real life) due to the smoke visible over horizon.

They seem to use the light wisp smoke the warships use instead of the dark thick smoke other merchants use. Could someone fix this? I have no idea how.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-17, 01:21 PM   #2
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

I'm playing with the surface units such as Cruisers and Battle wagons,, I'm using {Stock different smoke Websters Maneuver} found here at down loads can aim the gun and make the shot at 14,000 yards using the smoke as a aiming point,, still waiting on someone to give up the secrets of the bearing compass in the gun sight.
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-17, 12:32 AM   #3
mariksio30
Watch

Downloads: 355
Uploads: 0

I will look at it, seams to me that the ship is not listed in smoke file or vice versa.
mariksio30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-17, 11:14 AM   #4
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariksio30 View Post
I will look at it, seams to me that the ship is not listed in smoke file or vice versa.

Thanks . I appreciate that..
Old 07-26-17, 03:56 AM   #5
mariksio30
Watch

The addon smoke has ship folder and inside is a ship sim file and in that simfile is listed smoke effec. You need to edit each sim file in shippack to have same smoke effect as the one in addon smoke.
If you can do this it would be great because i need to fix my pc
Old 07-26-17, 01:46 PM   #6
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
The addon smoke has ship folder and inside is a ship sim file and in that simfile is listed smoke effec. You need to edit each sim file in shippack to have same smoke effect as the one in addon smoke.
If you can do this it would be great because i need to fix my pc
Under object funnel in the sim file. simply replace the one in the ships with the setting in the different smoke mod? ? Aslo, on the Nagara Maru I noticed the smoke is not coming from the funnel but from behind. Know how to fix that?
Old 07-26-17, 05:32 PM   #7
mariksio30
Watch

Let me see
Old 07-26-17, 10:29 PM   #8
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Let me see
That was correct. Issue solved. Thanks.

Any idea about the nagara maru ? smoke coming out of the bridge instead of the funnel.
Old 07-27-17, 02:44 PM   #9
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Let me see
New issue. Smoke works on the merchants.Went ahead added the smoke to sim files of all merchants in ship pack.

There is a depth charge splash mod i've wanted to use for a long time but havent been able to because of conflicts in the particles.dat. If you are able, would look at it? I've tried looking over but not sure.
Old 07-27-17, 03:31 PM   #10
mariksio30
Watch

Nagara Maru smoke is fixed?
This depth charge mod conflicts with particle.dat od default game or with some other mod?
Old 07-27-17, 04:49 PM   #11
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Nagara Maru smoke is fixed?
This depth charge mod conflicts with particle.dat od default game or with some other mod?
No, Nagara Maru is not fixed, the smoke is fixed for the ships. I added it to each ships sim file in my ship pack, so have the thick black smoke for merchants.

Nagara Maru has black smoke now, but it doesnt come out of the funnel, comes out ahead almost from he bridge.

I'm pretty sure its something in the particles.dat in the splash mod bu could be the materials.dat?

I just tested it. When let the splash mod overwrites my ship pack, which has the particles.dat from the different smoke mod(and ships have the proper smoke in their sim files now) it puts the dark smoke on warships and merchants have no smoke, but have the large splashes and the halos when depth charges detonate.

I switched the particles.dat file from ship pack and placed it in the splash mod for testing. I get the better splashes but no halo is left in the water, but the smoke is right for the ships. Merchant has dark smoke plumes. Warship has light whisps as supposed to.

Thinking its the particles.dat. What in there is the issue, is beyond me currently.
Old 08-01-17, 02:41 AM   #12
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Smoke comes out of the 0,0,0 position of the funnel 3D model.

http://imgur.com/a/DldCz

Second pic is Nagara. Notice how it is (wrongly) positioned relative to the 0,0,0 location of the hull.

You will have to export the funnel 3D models, reposition them like the first pic and import them again (and this means reposition again in S3D).