SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-08-11, 06:19 PM   #1
johnnyseven
Swabbie

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0
Jutland not working after update

I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble loading JUTLAND after the latest update? I read the FAQ re: FrameNet etc. I don't get it. i have left three tickets with SES Support but have not redcieved a reply. Any support here would be very much appreciated.
johnnyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 09:52 PM   #2
Terminus
Watch

Downloads: 38

Not working for me either. They said to me in an email it would fixed after the next impending update. But I've not yet seen a update or a fix.

Bit disappointed they broke Jutland for me with their DRM update.

Won't be buying any more of their products and I bought 3 licenses, 2 for my 2 PC's and one for friend.

Last edited by Terminus; 07-11-11 at 12:32 AM.
Terminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-11, 08:08 PM   #3
elephantium
Bosun

Downloads: 0

When I first read about Jutland, I thought it sounded really cool.

Then I read about the DRM that infests the game. Now, reading this, that just gives me another reason not to buy.
elephantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-11, 10:54 PM   #4
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I haven't had issues recently. I think people make a slightly bigger deal about the DRM than they should though - I actually very much like their current solution. It's not as good as, you know, no DRM at all, but it's been working out better for me than pretty much any other current game management system (including Steam). I've had a few minor issues before, but SES have been very forthcoming with them and I'm absolutely a very happy customer with them so... don't let this kind of thing completely scare you off. It's worth a chance, and I don't think it's fair to assume that you're going to have problems or are not going to receive support.

If you're having problems though... have you posted on the official SES forum and submitted tickets? http://www.stormeaglestudios.com/phpbb3/index.php
I did notice there's been several posts about it recently. It does seem like their support is backlogged right now, and if it is... well that's no good, but I hope they get to it soon.

[edit] oh hey, an official response on the forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by banhammer
The problem was due to an incompatible version of Jutland combined with StormPowered. This issue can be resolved by uninstalling the old version of Jutland, then reinstalling through the 'Available' tab in StormPowered.
yeah, sounds like that might be it.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 08:26 AM   #5
Sammi79
XO

Downloads: 272

Nope Jutland v1.1.4.9 working well for me. The original DRM was pretty bad but now its certainly no worse than Steam. Albeit not much better. Anyway, I can play offline for ever now if I want so I would say DRM is no longer a problem.
Sammi79 is offline   Reply With Quote