SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-11-07, 01:50 AM   #1
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2
Default Scripted Layer Question (help!)

If you have a mission that is a real battle, the default layers have them loaded by Campaign.cfg. NP, I grok that.

What is odd is that every scripted mission is set to NOT evolve from entry date.

So I was testing a 1942 campaign start. You start June 11 at PH. I get near Midway, and I get contact reports every few hours on the Nagumo Force (for testing I have contact reports for that force turned WAY up). It's the 14th. WTF? It is set to arrive the night of the 3d to be NNW Midway the morning of the 4th.

Hmm, I leave 11 June, and 3 days later, there's the MIdway attack. The mission should start june 1, arriving the 4th... Hmmm. Seems like the Midway mission starts the day my patrol starts.

Any ideas?
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 07:26 AM   #2
Mush Martin
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

I havent looked at it tater but I think if you adjust the initialization date
of that group back a week it should come off right.or at least superfiacially
that seems to be.

M

Tutorial
Mush Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 08:36 AM   #3
tater
Navy Seal

You mean the enter date of the units, or the start date of that particular mission?

Seems like that wouldn't do it. The other scripted missions have a mission start date equal to the unit entry dates I believe. This has a misson start of 19420601, and all the units enter 19420601. Midway happens (watching the ETAs in the editor) of 19420604 like it should.

If I set it back a week, then I'd expect people at sea in time to actually see the battle would see it a week early. That won't do.
Old 06-11-07, 11:09 AM   #4
Jace11
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 1

tricky one..

when i used my changes to the dates, it occured at the right time, but I started before the mission started. You started after..

er...

lost on this one, dare say mine would do same if I tried it...
Jace11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 11:45 AM   #5
tater
Navy Seal

The campaign.cfg has the missions for a long period AFTER the battles happen. Coral Sea is 19420202 to 19420915 or something. Midway is identical. Given it takes a couple days to get to MIdway from PH, I guess I could have the end date for the campaign.cfg (which I BELIEVE is the date range it will load the mission) be 19420601 and see what happens. Course if you come out of port right at 0602 it would suck because you should be able to maybe get there.