SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-25-11, 05:04 PM   #751
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The OptionsMigrater app migrates your old options settings to your new options settings. You can find it in \data\Applications. To use click File and then the rest should be fairly obvious
Aaah, found it ! Many thanks !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 01-25-11, 05:31 PM   #752
harag
A-ganger

Downloads: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Hi,

Can you share the link for Nvidia missing lights mod. I can not find that one.

Thanks

I've found this in the patch 2 sub folder. Would someone care to say what it is exactly as I've not used it and no readme.txt file exists for it.

Cheers
harag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 07:12 PM   #753
Giganto
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Hi,

Can you share the link for Nvidia missing lights mod. I can not find that one.

Thanks
Happy that you've found it already. And nope, sorry. I have no clue which lights could have been missing either.

I was able to play again and during my days on sea I started to wonder why my watch crew always has better eyes than I do. They spot smoke on the horizon at a maximum of 18000 to 20000 meters under best conditions. The good old Kaleun wasn't able to spot anything until the ships could be seen at the horizon at around 12000 meters. Depending on mast height of course.

Now the smart Kaleun remembered having some old pictures of steamers downstairs and suddenly remembered how smoke looked like.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...d+Funnel+Smoke - [REL] Enhanced Funnel Smoke SH5 by HanSolo78
It seems to be 100% compatible with the mega mod.

Maybe that could be a nice addition to your mod pack. I am sure Han would be happy to contribute to this mega mod if you ask him TDW.

On a related note I know that the modders (The "Aces of the Deep" gents) of the [RDA]Rueckkehr der Asse had some pretty smoke as well, which could be spotted at the horizon even better if I recall right. Not sure if they were using similar stuff like Han did, or completely different smoke.

Keep up the great work TDW and thanks again for saving SH5 for me
Giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 09:14 PM   #754
Azixx
Swabbie

Downloads: 35

OK - since using TDW 32-bit fix my game has been running perfectly... almost too perfectly. Not one CTD with Magnum Opus installed. Started a new campaign. Did a few tutorials. Even a couple of historical missions. No CTD.

2x quick things:

Firstly, The only mod I have installed is the Magnum Opus and the Arclight scopes (patched to the right resolution for my set up). So Im curious, is the Arclight scopes the "best scopes" (in terms of working out RAOBF etc) or is there another scope mod that works with Magnum Opus that people recommend?

and finally, I saved my game last night and tried different targeting methods on a Carrier. On three attempts it only took a single torpedo each time to sink the carrier. However when Im up against a Battleship I can hit it with 4 torpedoes and it floods a little but limps away. I have not changed the difficulty or editted any files in the Magnum Opus but was wondering: Is this normal? Shouldnt a Aircraft Carrier be able to withstand a few torpedos?
Azixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 02:37 AM   #755
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azixx View Post
OK - since using TDW 32-bit fix my game has been running perfectly... almost too perfectly. Not one CTD with Magnum Opus installed. Started a new campaign. Did a few tutorials. Even a couple of historical missions. No CTD.

2x quick things:

Firstly, The only mod I have installed is the Magnum Opus and the Arclight scopes (patched to the right resolution for my set up). So Im curious, is the Arclight scopes the "best scopes" (in terms of working out RAOBF etc) or is there another scope mod that works with Magnum Opus that people recommend?

and finally, I saved my game last night and tried different targeting methods on a Carrier. On three attempts it only took a single torpedo each time to sink the carrier. However when Im up against a Battleship I can hit it with 4 torpedoes and it floods a little but limps away. I have not changed the difficulty or editted any files in the Magnum Opus but was wondering: Is this normal? Shouldnt a Aircraft Carrier be able to withstand a few torpedos?
I understud the best scope that is for using the RAOFB is the Manos Scope: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=179068&page=4

Trevally made an excelent ,,tutorial,, from where you can learn to use the RAOFB:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=177725&page=4

The one that i speak is the last one ,,RAOFB,, and you will see that he recomand to use the ,,manos scope,,.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 03:00 AM   #756
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Magnum Opus consists of the following mods so far (# means permission has been obtained for use):

# - Trevally: Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.4
Hi !

Can anybody please tell me how the "Canal Pilot" works and have a Link to the Original Thread of the MOD please ?

Is this an Auto-Plot through the "Kiel Canal" similar in SH3 with GWX ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 01-26-11, 03:52 AM   #757
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi !

Can anybody please tell me how the "Canal Pilot" works and have a Link to the Original Thread of the MOD please ?

Is this an Auto-Plot through the "Kiel Canal" similar in SH3 with GWX ?

Best regards,
Magic
Hi,

For example you are in the bunker at Kiel an ready to go for a mission. Open the automations and start ,,Kiel canal outbound,,. You will understand better reading the thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...174525&page=13
Old 01-26-11, 04:00 AM   #758
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Hi,

For example you are in the bunker at Kiel an ready to go for a mission. Open the automations and start ,,Kiel canal outbound,,. You will understand better reading the thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...174525&page=13
Many thanks ! That helps !!!!!
Old 01-26-11, 05:04 AM   #759
Ragtag
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 163

To TDW:

Would it be possible for you to add the "wasserbomben soundfix" mod to your mega mod?
I tried to enable it but there's a conflict with SH.SDL.
Thread is here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=1#post1582871

Thanks for you excellent work
Palit RTX 2080Ti.
Fortron 1000W PSU.
BenQ XR3501R LCD.
Ragtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 06:03 AM   #760
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Seems to me instead of having TDW UI mod and IRAI mod and mega mod and try to put real navigation mod with mega mod but first patch UI mod then put navigation mod with mega mod......AAAAAAHHHHHHHH. Maybe a mega mod beginner and a mega mod hardcore with manos scopes and real navigation already in the hardcore .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 07:09 AM   #761
bart
Frogman

Downloads: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Seems to me instead of having TDW UI mod and IRAI mod and mega mod and try to put real navigation mod with mega mod but first patch UI mod then put navigation mod with mega mod......AAAAAAHHHHHHHH. Maybe a mega mod beginner and a mega mod hardcore with manos scopes and real navigation already in the hardcore .

Ahhhh......well said sober.

All this is getting a wee bit complicated not too mention frustrating.
Old 01-26-11, 07:43 AM   #762
kraszus
Mate

Downloads: 355
I'm trying to install this mod but SH5 crashes after selecting a mission and just as I am about to enter it. I am guessing I am not configuring it properly.

The only MOD I have enabled is Magnus Opus with Patch 2. To install, I copied the contents of Patch 2 into the v001 folder (overwriting the files within), then enabled with JSGME. I am not running any other mods.

Perhaps I should enable v001 with JSGME then enable Patch 2 with JSGME (however they both use the same folder name).

Running Win 7 x64, 6GB Ram, GTX470 GPU, UAC disabled.

Any advice?

[EDIT]
I've tried running without Patch 2 (ie just v001) and getting the same result.

[EDIT]

Bah..have just tried running SH5 stock and it's crashing also...something has gone wrong with my install it seems. Will re-install and try again.

Last edited by kraszus; 01-26-11 at 07:54 AM.
kraszus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 09:14 AM   #763
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Hi !

Are these two MODs with MO compatible?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...48#post1316448

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166121

I think these MODs are not included in MO ?!

Or I don´t need these two MODs, because there are better / newer / other MODs in MO included ?

Thanks for help,
Magic
Old 01-26-11, 09:15 AM   #764
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraszus View Post
I'm trying to install this mod but SH5 crashes after selecting a mission and just as I am about to enter it. I am guessing I am not configuring it properly.

The only MOD I have enabled is Magnus Opus with Patch 2. To install, I copied the contents of Patch 2 into the v001 folder (overwriting the files within), then enabled with JSGME. I am not running any other mods.

Perhaps I should enable v001 with JSGME then enable Patch 2 with JSGME (however they both use the same folder name).

Running Win 7 x64, 6GB Ram, GTX470 GPU, UAC disabled.

[EDIT]
I've tried running without Patch 2 (ie just v001) and getting the same result.

[EDIT]

Bah..have just tried running SH5 stock and it's crashing also...something has gone wrong with my install it seems. Will re-install and try again.
Any advice?

hi kraszus,

Maybe you must to start a new campaign. Enable the mod in the way that you did before (only patch 2) and after that start a new campaign.
Old 01-26-11, 09:22 AM   #765
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi !

Are these two MODs with MO compatible?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...48#post1316448

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166121

I think these MODs are not included in MO ?!

Or I don´t need these two MODs, because there are better / newer / other MODs included ?

Thanks for help,
Magic
Hi,
I think it is not a problem to install this 2 mods - perhaps you will have conflicts only with SteelViking's Interior Mod v1.2 (wich is incorporate in the megamod). These 2 mods are diferent from other mods and i do not think there are better / newer / other MODs included