SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-14, 10:52 AM   #286
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
Well the MK48's seem to have working acoustic homing. would it be possible to use acoustic homing as a substitute for real (modern) guidance on the traumahawks, since acoustic homing already in the game? I did manage to get one hit with the tomahawk but that was on a large modern composite freighter that was doing 4kts. Oh, i just realized that i said Harpoon in my previous post, i meant tomahawk
That's the usual first response to give it the acoustic homing, and only option given that it's still a torpedo. However, the high speed of the "TASM" + homing ability = hilarity.

In all actuality the acoustic homing is more wake homing in its behavior in the game itself. So this leads to a less than 100% hit rate on the first pass, but it will re-attack the target. This is where the hilarity ensues. The TASM will circle the target at high speed before flying off in some random direction. But not always. Sometimes it will circle around and actually hit the target.

So I've tried (and am still trying) different solutions to the low reliability of the TASM. The main problem off accuracy lies in the acceleration of the weapon itself. Since it is a torpedo as far as the game is concerned it accelerates like one. However the TDC is not capable of taking into account this acceleration time and plots a solution based on the weapons max speed of 550kts.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 01:38 PM   #287
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

dont know if i ever released it yet, but this is the latest version of my 688:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24200344/SSN_688.rar
Old 04-27-14, 05:43 PM   #288
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Downloads: 194
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich View Post
dont know if i ever released it yet, but this is the latest version of my 688:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24200344/SSN_688.rar
good job
Hotmanandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 10:03 PM   #289
Commander_Apollo
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

My great great uncle helped build the USS Los Angeles
Commander_Apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 06:55 PM   #290
Legion1183
Nub

Downloads: 194
SHO Submarine Won't Show

I have downloaded the mod and it shows in JGMSE, as activated but on the career panel it shows the normal submarine classes I do have the U-Boat missions DLC. I play the game through Steam, and when I click just Wolves of the Pacific, it does load up the U-Boats, DLC. Does the DLC have anything to do with why the submarine is not showing up in choosing a submarine?
Legion1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 09:52 PM   #291
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome Aboard

Legion1183!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 05:17 AM   #292
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Legion

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 06:35 PM   #293
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion1183 View Post
I have downloaded the mod and it shows in JGMSE, as activated but on the career panel it shows the normal submarine classes I do have the U-Boat missions DLC. I play the game through Steam, and when I click just Wolves of the Pacific, it does load up the U-Boats, DLC. Does the DLC have anything to do with why the submarine is not showing up in choosing a submarine?
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you might have duplicate folders in the mods folder. The proper path should look like this: Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\SSN 688(i) Los Angeles\data NOT MODS\SSN 688(i) Los Angeles\SSN 688(i) Los Angeles\data

Hope this helps!

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 10-11-15, 04:04 PM   #294
Popeye the Salior
Sailor man

Downloads: 89

I love all of your mods! Ohio SSGN/SSBN! That sucker is awesome big but awesome. Skipjack SSN is amazing its a nice small boat perfect for the Asaitic Fleet. The Los Angles or 688 as it is known, I do read Tom Clancy. Is to be frank Amazing! Now if you could only do Sturgeon, Seawolf, and the Natulis SSNs. For 1.5 and 1.4, I am one of those guys who uses 1.4 go figure. It would be amazing! Give Natulis Mark 37s or at least Mark 46s for torpedoes, while Seawolf and Sturgeon get Mk 48s.

Popeye the Salior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 09:05 AM   #295
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye the Salior View Post
I love all of your mods! Ohio SSGN/SSBN! That sucker is awesome big but awesome. Skipjack SSN is amazing its a nice small boat perfect for the Asaitic Fleet. The Los Angles or 688 as it is known, I do read Tom Clancy. Is to be frank Amazing! Now if you could only do Sturgeon, Seawolf, and the Natulis SSNs. For 1.5 and 1.4, I am one of those guys who uses 1.4 go figure. It would be amazing! Give Natulis Mark 37s or at least Mark 46s for torpedoes, while Seawolf and Sturgeon get Mk 48s.
Hey, thanks for the support and glad you like the mods! In my mod folder is the Nautilus, Permit, Sturgeon, Seawolf, and Virginia. But sadly I don't have the time nor drive to mod SH4 anymore. My last mod I did was to port my Permit over to SH3 for career mode, for my own personal use.

So I guess it's official then. I won't be modding for SH4 anymore unless something sparks my interest again. I'll still hang around the forum to share what I've learned though.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 12-08-15, 11:27 AM   #296
Bluewaterman
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Default No Sub Shows up

Ahoy, made sure I started with stock 1.5 version of the game, then installed this cool 688i mod, but it doesn't show up as a sub choice anywhere... what am I doing wrong... help because this mod looks to be awesome! Any suggestions?
Bluewaterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 05:49 AM   #297
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewaterman View Post
Ahoy, made sure I started with stock 1.5 version of the game, then installed this cool 688i mod, but it doesn't show up as a sub choice anywhere... what am I doing wrong... help because this mod looks to be awesome! Any suggestions?
Most likely cause is a double folder in the installation when you unzipped the file. The file path should be similar to this: Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\SSN 688(i) Los Angeles\Data

and not this: Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\SSN 688(i) Los Angeles\SSN 688(i) Los Angeles\Data

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 12-09-15, 10:53 AM   #298
Bluewaterman
Swabbie

Downloads: 11

Thanks for the prompt replies! Turned out I had duplicate files... not sure how that happened. But I've been playing now and it's FANTASTIC! If you do a Seawolf or Virginia class, please let me know, thanks again!
Bluewaterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-15, 04:57 PM   #299
Wolfpack519
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
Nice lookin emblem there Dorado.

Engage the walther turbines. By default the game uses the diesels on the surface and the electrics submerged.

@forum moderators, mind changing my [WIP] to [REL]?
How do I engage the turbines?
Wolfpack519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-15, 05:40 PM   #300
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard !

Wolfpack519!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote