SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-31-07, 08:36 AM   #31
VonHammer
Engineer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonHammer
ok thanks now that im going home, it will be sometime before i can get the rest of them downloaded. my om doesnt have wireless internet. also i am having some issues. i cant hear any of the news broadcastas. do i have to move them into the events folder?
Did you copy the channel info in the readme file and paste it into the appropriate section of your radio.ini file? If you used JSGME to install, that's the only thing you have to do by hand (besides adding any music that is). Which station are you having trouble with?
i did do that for the KGMB Honolulu sation, but i still got nothin. i decidedn to change the folder from just KGMB to KGMB\Events
VonHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-07, 10:29 AM   #32
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
i did do that for the KGMB Honolulu sation, but i still got nothin. i decidedn to change the folder from just KGMB to KGMB\Events
It sounds like you didn't put any music in the KGMB folder. The stations don't come with any music, just the programs in the Events folder, which are scripted to play at certain dates and times with the events.ini file there. Music, or any other file you want played randomly, go in the station folder itself. Not in the Events folder.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-07, 09:26 PM   #33
kurohone
Swabbie

Downloads: 10

WinRAR reported an error on part 9 of the NBC archive. I DL'd it twice, error on both files. Any suggestions?
kurohone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-07, 09:42 AM   #34
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurohone
WinRAR reported an error on part 9 of the NBC archive. I DL'd it twice, error on both files. Any suggestions?
Although no one else has reported a problem, just to be safe I'm uploading another copy of it. Try downloading it again a couple of hours from this post time.
Old 09-02-07, 03:02 PM   #35
kurohone
Swabbie

Downloads: 10

Cheers! I'm grabbing AFRS at the moment. Thanks for the response.
kurohone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-07, 11:44 PM   #36
VonHammer
Engineer

Downloads: 0

well i got all the stuff downloaded except for the NBC stuf. except im hsving trouble with part 6. when i click the download now link i get internet exploer cannot display the webpage. all the other ones work fine
VonHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 08:38 AM   #37
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
well i got all the stuff downloaded except for the NBC stuf. except im hsving trouble with part 6. when i click the download now link i get internet exploer cannot display the webpage. all the other ones work fine
I just checked it myself and it works fine. Must be either Filefront acting screwy (which it's been doing here lately) or your browser acting up.
Old 09-08-07, 12:20 PM   #38
sqk7744
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 7

Many thanks fred8615 for posting those.

Here's a slideshow I posted way back when, the music really sets the mood:

http://www.compuglobalhypermeganet.tv/flash/SS200/

* Has Sound
sqk7744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-07, 05:41 PM   #39
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
I've updated my NBC Radio Station to Version 4. This one includes three Great Gildersleeve and one Fibber McGee and Molly programs which were missing from the previous version. I also removed one news program that I decided was too messed up to leave in. Adding in the four new programs has brought the number of parts back up to 17.

Also, I removed the NBC Add-on file because the two files in it are now included in the NBC Station files.
Nice work

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-07, 12:37 PM   #40
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75

The NBC and AF radio stations are gone again. May be because of copyright worries or file count?

What about making a torrent file out of them?

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-07, 07:30 AM   #41
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdw
The NBC and AF radio stations are gone again. May be because of copyright worries or file count?

What about making a torrent file out of them?
I just checked and they're back up. Filefront acts wonky on occasion and "removes" files, then brings them back. So if you go to my page and something's missing, try again later, or the next day.

FTR, I check my page every weekday, so I'll know when something is truly deleted, and I will post a notice.
Old 10-08-07, 09:24 AM   #42
swdw
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I just checked and they're back up. Filefront acts wonky on occasion and "removes" files, then brings them back. So if you go to my page and something's missing, try again later, or the next day.

FTR, I check my page every weekday, so I'll know when something is truly deleted, and I will post a notice.
Thanks, will do.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
Old 11-12-07, 06:12 PM   #43
Florida Sailor
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 27

Thank you Fred!
d
Florida Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 10:23 AM   #44
swdw
Grey Wolf

Things have been quiet here for a while, but I would like to give you an immense thanks for these files.

The immersion it adds to the game is incredible. People love ROW for the eye candy, well your mods are "ear candy" to me.

Heck, I've sat down with my work laptop fired up SH4on my desktop, set it to real time while sailing from Pearl, kicked on a radio station and started working. Something about the 1940's music, the rendered ocean waves, the sunrises ansd sunsets jusats makes me relax.

Multiple kudo's to you!

Anyone that likes immersions that hasn't downloaded your mods has no idea what they're missing.

Feel free to do more in the future

System:
Old 11-28-07, 11:44 AM   #45
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Thank you for the very kind words. It's kind of funny, being an "immersion" type as well, I originally created these mostly for myself. I didn't think people would want the really big ones. But with the encouragement of some users on the UBI SH4 forum, I uploaded all of them. And while the download rate isn't spectacular, it has been fairly steady.

As for future projects, about the only actual WWII network not modded by anyone I've seen is the old Mutual Broadcasting System. However, MBS was a "loose" network which only provided news to its affiliates. Entertainment was through syndicated programming on the individual stations. One such program was the Superman radio serial, which a lot of MBS stations played, and which interested me enough at one time to actually consider creating an MBS station. While I ended up not doing it, I'm still open to the idea if there's any interest. Maybe if I can find more programming to go with Superman and the news?

And speaking of the future; I found a bit more programming for all my stations except Radio Tokyo. Look for updates soon.

Tags
music, radio, radio stations