SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-18-06, 09:17 PM   #31
Vonsteel
Watch

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 0

!!AWESOME NEWS!!

Got it to work properly newest version.
Saved my game OUT of kiel again about 100nm wenr back to the opening screen in game (menu area) alt tabbed did the business(generating) Loaded the previosly saved game and there were all the markers, and especially the WAR DIARY entry

Wonderful
Vonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-06, 03:39 AM   #32
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
@Cdre Gibs: You might have dotNET 2.0 installed. My new version lets you continue the installation, though my dotNET check is not successful.
Are you using the userAgent string? Try this method... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de.../useragent.asp

Quote:
I haven't tried it with dotNET 2.0 yet, but Microsoft says it should be compatible.
:rotfl: Yeah, MS will have you believe that won't they? That's why you still need 1.1 to run apps developed with 1.1 and 2.0 to run apps developed with 2.0. Cdre Gibs has found this out by the sounds of things...

Quote:
@Skweetis: Can you confirm that 1.1 and 2.0 can be installed on the same machine? It should work, though I would like to hear it from someone who has actually tested it.
The answer is yes. Curiously, have you visited the .NET Framework Developer Center?

General note especially for XP SP2 users: Don't forget to update your .NET Framework 1.1 via Windows Update!
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-06, 03:48 AM   #33
Marhkimov
Admiral

Downloads: 0

geez... look at all the computer whizzes...... Too bad I'm not one...
Old 01-19-06, 07:59 AM   #34
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
Are you using the userAgent string? Try this method...
Thanks for the info. I will check that. Right now I am using the dotNET check sample code that came with NSIS, which has so far worked very well.

As you seem to be a qualified person to ask, can you give me some tips how I can find the Silent Hunter III path in registry? I want to remove the necessity to specify the path manually, but I am not very good at using the registry.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-06, 08:05 AM   #35
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

20 cm of snow in Berlin, so why not release version 0.1.3 today. It should fix the problem with null patrol areas, as well as some other issues with patrol areas. I have also altered the parameters for neutral and friendly units somewhat, so you should see more spanish, french, scandinavian and italian shipping resulting in more varied ship names.

So far I have mostly been answering your questions, but today I have a number of questions to you.

Questions:

Q: What features would you like to be added?

Q: How do you think Sh3Gen influences the game? Do you want to make it the game easier or harder?

Q: Do you want to see more or less targets, or more specificly smaller ones like patrol boats etc.?

Q: Can you report any conflicts with other mods? which ones should I download and try with Sh3Gen?

Q: What do you think about the way I put the targets into the map. Any questions/suggestions?

Q: Who can report a target sunk with Sh3Gen? The first one to post a screenshot of a sunken warship will be promoted !!

Q: Who wants to work together with me? I need someone with an interest in historic research, because I usually have no time to find all the info myself. For instance I am still looking for Axis / minor factions merchant and convoy names, standing orders, naming system of allied hunter killer groups, etc. etc.

Q: What do you think about more pages in the war diary? So far my ideas are:
-friendly units
-grid squares with high ship concentration
-special missions (needs collaboration with campaign designers)
-standing orders / news (needs somebody else to compile the text)

Q: Do you think this is this ready for a general release? If no one is having any major probs I will make this public in all the major forums once version 0.2 is ready (so far the beta test was exclusive for the subsim.com mods forum).

Old 01-19-06, 08:23 AM   #36
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

Question:

Forgive my ignorance but do I need version 1 of this to be installed first and are the other versions updates or can I just intall the latest version?

I like the sound of this mod.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-06, 12:51 PM   #37
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

@ Cdre Gibs: Aircraft coverage is a good idea! It's pretty simple to mark airbases with a circle. I already had experimented with it. Problem is, I find it pretty ugly and not really useful. See for yourself:

Stylised buttons, how cool would that be! Unfortunately we have to stick to the things you could do with the drawing tools, so not possible.

Col7777: Whenever I issue an update, you only need the most recent version. It has an installer and everything, and it's less than 200kb, so maybe you should try it. It will never interfere with mods, so there is no real risk to try it. The worst thing that can happen is that you get an error while reading from Sh3 and have to wait until it's fixed. Or you might lose a savegame, that's why I say to backup them beforehand.

Old 01-19-06, 01:15 PM   #38
Vonsteel
Watch

Downloads: 87

I just looked at youre web page and the 0.1.2 is still on youre site...
Have you uploaded the newest ver?
Vonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-06, 01:32 PM   #39
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

I just instaslled the version on your webpage, I got all kinds of errors like one of the posts above, also do you have to be in a campaign or does it work with single missions too?

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-06, 02:52 PM   #40
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19

Quote:
The war diary is saved in <savegame name>.clg. So please check that. By default, Sh3Gen Beta writes into Entries 1-3, so you will lose this info if another application writes there too. If you want, you can also send the file to me because I will see what went wrong. There is also a certain possibility that Sh3 doesnt like some entries, and I will have to change something in my output routine.
I cant get the war diary to show when I begin a career, like your picture nr.2... It shows up in SHgenerator but not in SH3 in the mission briefing, when I look in <save game>.clg all the mission text is there.

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-06, 03:32 PM   #41
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777
I just instaslled the version on your webpage, I got all kinds of errors like one of the posts above, also do you have to be in a campaign or does it work with single missions too?
I'd like to help but I must see the text of the exception (see above). I have never thought of using it with single missions, do you think this is a worthwile addition?

Old 01-19-06, 03:34 PM   #42
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriller2
Quote:
The war diary is saved in <savegame name>.clg. So please check that. By default, Sh3Gen Beta writes into Entries 1-3, so you will lose this info if another application writes there too. If you want, you can also send the file to me because I will see what went wrong. There is also a certain possibility that Sh3 doesnt like some entries, and I will have to change something in my output routine.
I cant get the war diary to show when I begin a career, like your picture nr.2... It shows up in SHgenerator but not in SH3 in the mission briefing, when I look in <save game>.clg all the mission text is there.
I must see it kriller, otherwise I can't help you. I have a suspicion that the text is too long (happens at the beginning of 1939).

Old 01-19-06, 03:41 PM   #43
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

I have just uploaded version 0.2.0. It's using a much simplified user interface .. it doesn't get more Zen I think

I have added code to read the Silent Hunter III installation path from registry. As I am not sure if this is working with everybodies machines, it would be nice if somebody could check it and let me know.

I have also added the "Aircoverage" option, which enables the preliminary code to plot airbases. I do however, not like very much how it plots into the map, but I thought that it might be interesting for some people to see for themselves. The option is disbled by default, but you can enable it under Settings->General->Aircoverage.

Old 01-19-06, 10:08 PM   #44
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Version 2 works fine .
XP sp2
.net 1.1
.net 1.1 hotfix
.net 2
commander 2
RUB 1.45
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-06, 10:21 PM   #45
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Have you noticed that when looking at the map and you use the (clear map) button it also clears all your info as well .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote