Closed Thread

Old 07-17-18, 08:42 PM   #4951
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Mueller will need a sense of humor and some magic to pull that rabbit out of his hat.

I don't think it will be that difficult for Mueller: so far, except for Manafort and the Russians who are out of reach, he has gotten a guilty plea and convictions for pretty much every indictment; its a very impressive batting average (I'm in a MLB All Star Game mode) and he has exhibited a prosecutorial method to not indict unless he can really nail the subjects of his investigations. There was one person who was asked about being interviewed by Mueller and his team and, while not speaking about the specifics of what was asked said something like "They have everything, they know everything". He has confounded the Trumpers by keeping his hand held close and not tipping his cards, something whic has given fits to Trump and Manafort. Remember, Mueller, aside from being a decorated Marine combat officer (Vietnam), has a reputation as a very effective and successful prosecutor and an equally strong reputation as a very well-organized and meticulous administrator; in other words, Trump's worst nightmare. So far, Mueller hasn't lost on the matters he has brought to court related to the Special Counsel investigations and he seems to be well on his way to success on the currently open cases...

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post

I thought I had lightened up. It's all very entertaining actually.

You say the funniest things...

Regarding Trump's attempt to walk back his own disaster at his presser with Putin, here's some things to consider: did he really misspeak or is it more a case of a very Freudian slip? If it was a simple misspeak, why did it take him over 24 hours to correct and clarify? He must have had someone point out to him what a hugely idiotic statement he had just made and it would be common sense for him to act as quickly as possible to correct any error; I mean, after all, the guy tweets about every trivial slight he feels, and he can't even get it up enough to at the very least tweet out a correction? His excuses just don't hold water...

...and then, today, Trump couches his 'acceptance' of US intelligence findings on Russian interference and influence in the 2016 Election by adding his fallback of 'and there are other countries who may have been involved' or responsible in spite of the fact no evidence to support that claim has been presented to date. Trump just does not want to openly condemn the actions of a foreign power to attack a fundamental, if not the fundamental, foundation of US democracy, the voting process. Today, a reporter even asked him if he would right then and there, make a definitive statement condemning the Russian actions and Trump refused to even answer. What is Trump afraid of, why is he so terrified of Putin? One can only conclude Trump is a spineless coward and a disgrace to the office he holds: he is like a cowardly general who will not engage the enemy and is as equally despicable...

It seems, also, the Trump may be trying to quash the truth about a statement Putin made during their presser:

The White House Transcript Is Missing the Most Explosive Part of the Trump–Putin Press Conference --

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...script/565385/

<O>
Old 07-17-18, 08:55 PM   #4952
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I'm pretty sure Trump says things he doesn't completely mean, it's very typical of him to run his mouth without giving a lot of thought to what he says.
Old 07-17-18, 09:04 PM   #4953
vienna
Navy Seal

I've recently seen a number of article about Trump's haphazard approach to matters; one article had the title "Trump: Ready, Fire, Aim!"; that pretty much sums it up...

<O>
Old 07-17-18, 09:05 PM   #4954
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I'm pretty sure Trump says things he doesn't completely mean, it's very typical of him to run his mouth without giving a lot of thought to what he says.

He's definitely not an orator.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 07-17-18, 09:22 PM   #4955
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Yeah, and I don't mean to suggest that he's stupid, he just does not measure his words.

I would bet in his mind he thinks "yeah, Russia hacked or tried to hack our elections, they tried to troll public opinion in my favor. They'll never admit it so why get all butthurt over it. We have a dept. in the CIA that does the same thing to them. And then there's the Democrats, they hack themselves. "

Obama tried to influence Israeli elections, previous administrations have tried to influence other political events.

Mostly what we are experiencing is the daily barrage of BS from the mainstream media who hates Trump and have discarded any remnant of impartiality.
Old 07-17-18, 09:38 PM   #4956
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
It's like me on a "date". Instead of "a bridge too far" I go "one joke too far". lol Next thing you know a hot latina is headbutting me.

If I was Trump, I'd be in a hurry to get things done. I'd figure any moment some fake news inspired wackadoodle leftist is going to poison my food and kill me, or my whole family. The vetting process has to be hellava good for the White House staff. I think I'd be afraid to eat or drink anyplace else.

I think Trump knows exactly where he wants to get to, he doesn't know exactly the road he needs to take. There will be pain, but in the end we'll be much better off if he can manage it, and if the minions can tolerate the short term pain for the long term gain, that's the sticker. The obstructionist don't help either, if Trump succeeds they look like seventy years of crap. Hopefully he can steer the zealots off the hull wrecking shoal that is Roe vs. Wade. Wish he didn't have to saddle himself with Pence to get my mother's and all the little church ladies like her to vote for him.

Last edited by em2nought; 07-17-18 at 09:56 PM. Reason: expound
Old 07-18-18, 02:10 AM   #4957
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

From all accusations, i would never have thought that just of all Trump's relation with Putin would win the praise of US republicans. Trump can do what he wants, Fox and his supporters will always defend him. Quoting Em2nought: "Da comrade!" This is real Nibelung loyalty

Here is the whole interview. I only watched it this morning. This is so weird, it really hurts just to watch this staged event, Putin really has him for breakfast. As Lavrov said, "This is better than super."

When Putin is being asked whether Russia interfered with the US election in 2016, he answers in russian with "Da, [...]", and the translator literally translates it with "Yes we did". What?

I try to imagine what had happened, had Obama done that. Amusing, it seems Trump really has the jester's license.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 07-18-18 at 02:51 AM.
Old 07-18-18, 04:35 AM   #4958
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You are right it was an exaggeration, however 35% is still a big enough amount to still maintain his point, especially when the remainder is split 22 (or 26) ways.
No, its only around 25% that gets imported from Russia. The 35% above means gas and oil imports in total, from all 23(27) importingrting countries.

See here, this shows the German energy mix and imports for 2017. Source: German department of trade and industry

You see the percentage per energy carrier, in red: the Russian import in total. Around 25%. With the Northstream-2, that was planned ro raise to something below 30%, but more likely after the Krim annexion is that the German import of Russian energy will be pushed down even further, also becasue renewables get used slightly faster than planned. For comparison: Trump claims we get 70% of our energy from Russia. An exaggeration near a factor of 3. 25%. 70%

Its not the first time he mentions utter nonsense. Its a pattern with him.

Quote:
"Most of that gas" still means that with the completion of that pipeline Germanys imports from Russia are going to grow, maybe not 70% (although that could change) but for sure they will grow.
See above. I recall to have read earlier somewhere that less than 10% of that gas arriving via Northstream-2 was planned to be used in Germany. And that was years ago.

Quote:
Of course we oppose it. Our NATO partner, a nation we have spent trillions protecting and fostering for decades prefers to improve their ability to trade with the very people that NATO exists to defend its member nations against while you blow off your financial obligations to it but we're jerks for bringing it up?
Its not about that America wants Europe to buy its stuff. Itd about the deception it hides its ambition in. The lying and defaming used to deliver the demand. For myself, I prefer to spend more for our own military, have less dependency on America there, and keep the freedom to choose whether or not buying US gas, no matter what Washington wants us to do.

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if we'd be better off leaving European defense to Europeans. Maybe keep a relationship with the Brexit Brits just to maintain a forward base in case you produce another Napoleon or Hitler. I can't imagine you'd be sorry to see us go. After all you have done nothing but complain about us for decades anyways.
See above. Its the underhanded fashion in which Trump delivers the message while hdiing his own ambitions. Last but not least America rebuild Germany not just for military defense against the USSR, but also to create a big, US dominated export market. The simple GI may have thought that he was there for an idealistic cause. But the mission was about economics from all beginning on.

Quote:
Could it possibly in some far off universe mean that Trump actually does dislike Germany making deals with the Russians? I mean, sometimes things are actually as they appear to be!
Yes. That is why we take Trump as what he appears to be. A Trottel and an uneducated, unclassy prolet who mistakes rudeness for clearness and offence for determination.
Old 07-18-18, 08:12 AM   #4959
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 343

Quote:

Mostly what we are experiencing is the daily barrage of BS from the mainstream media who hates Trump and have discarded any remnant of impartiality.

exactly.
Old 07-18-18, 01:01 PM   #4960
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Remember, Mueller, aside from being a decorated Marine combat officer (Vietnam), has a reputation as a very effective and successful prosecutor and an equally strong reputation as a very well-organized and meticulous administrator; in other words, Trump's worst nightmare. So far, Mueller hasn't lost on the matters he has brought to court related to the Special Counsel investigations and he seems to be well on his way to success on the currently open cases...
Mueller smuller.

I'm afraid your esteemed view of Mr. Mueller is not a universally held one.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/19/...al-discretion/

https://saraacarter.com/robert-muell...i-and-the-mob/

But that was then. Now what's he up to?

Quote:
...it is difficult to understand any proper purpose served by Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s indictment of twelve military officers in the Kremlin’s intelligence services for doing what everybody in America already knew that they did, and has known since before Donald Trump took office — indeed, since before the 2016 election.

Make no mistake: This is nakedly politicized law enforcement. There is absolutely no chance any of the Russian officials charged will ever see the inside of an American courtroom. The indictment is a strictly political document by which the special counsel seeks to justify the existence of his superfluous investigation.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...zed-pointless/

At one time I supported Mueller's investigation as a necessity. No more. Mueller has shown himself to be just another Washington bureaucrat pumping up his personal resume and exposing himself ( like Comey) to be a political actor. And please don't point out the fact that they are Republicans. So is John McCain and a host of other GOP members who hate Trump.

Quote:
So now, the purported need for Mueller is being rationalized on two fictitious premises.

The first is that the new indictment shows we needed Mueller to get to the bottom of Russia’s perfidy. This is false: There is nothing new in Mueller’s indictment, his participation was unnecessary to discover what our counterintelligence investigators have learned, and the intelligence they have gathered should not have been put in an indictment — aggression by hostile foreign powers is not a law-enforcement issue, and it is a mockery of the justice system to charge foreign aggressors and pretend we presume them innocent of their attacks against our country.

The second is that the number of indictments Mueller has generated proves that there were solid grounds to suspect Trump-campaign “collusion” in Russia’s election-meddling. The blatant, partisan dishonesty of this claim is best encapsulated in this passage from the Washington Post’s report on Mueller’s new indictment:

"Mueller and a team of prosecutors have been working since May 2017 to determine whether any Trump associates conspired with Russia to interfere in the election. With the new indictment, his office has filed charges against 32 people on crimes including hacking, money laundering and lying to the FBI."

The Post goes on grudgingly to point out that 26 of the 32 charged are Russians “who are unlikely to ever be put on trial in the United States.” (Unlikely?) But the paper conveniently omits mention of the fact that none of the 32 have been charged with a Trump–Russia conspiracy to interfere in the election. That’s the only thing Mueller was needed for.
In the world of diplomacy and political intrigue there are consequences for actions taken. Mueller's contributing.

Quote:
What there will be, though, is a new international order in which nation-states are encouraged to file criminal charges against each other’s officials for actions deemed to be provocative (or, more accurately, actions that can be exploited for domestic political purposes). Of all government officials in the world, American officials are the most active on the global stage — and that includes meddling in other countries’ elections. I doubt our diplomats, intelligence operatives, elected officials, and citizens will much like living in the world Robert Mueller and Rod Rosenstein have given us. If the idea was to give Vladimir Putin and his thug regime a new way to sabotage the United States, nice work.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-19-18, 05:11 AM   #4961
Skybird
Soaring

Trumps comments in Helsinki have severey pushed me to believe that he is indeed a Sovjet sleeper, is deep in Russia's pockets. He is just too retarded in his brain to realise that himself.

Yesterday there was a small 10 minute clip about it in some German TV magazine, "Auslandsjournal", a weekly over here. In it, some names were mentioned and I later googled them up. Also it reminded of the fact that Friday before the meeting between Putin and his American pet the deputy secretary of justice filed legal cases against a dozen Russian intel officers of the Russian secret service for rigging the elections and maniulating and stealing computer hardware and software linked to the election process.

They mentioned a British journalist, Luke Harding. Harding tells the story of a Sovjet defector who surrendered to the Brits in 1989. He had a list that showed what traits and characteristics the KGB was looking for in possible American targets for recruitment as Sowjet spies. He said: "We know from leaked documents they are looking for people who are vain, ambitious, narcissistic, perhaps unfaithful to their wives, corruptible and lousy analysts. And Trump ticked every single box." At that time, Putin was intel officer stationed in Dresden.

Russia wants to drive a wedge between Europe and America.And now look at what Trump does. He fulfills Russia's wet dreams. He does so already since the late 80s, after his first visit to the USSR where he was flattered and complimented until he melted like butter in the sun. The first thing he did after returning form that trip was to finance a campaign in which he attacked NATO, Japan and South Korea over their "abuse" of America.

The most promising strategy to destroy your enemy from within is when you make him believe that he must do it himself and that he must do it because it is rational, reasonable, the logical thing to do, and in his own interest. Thats what is happening: Americans are being pushed to the argument that NATO members pay too little and are a burden for the US and thus America would be better off to quit and leave them behind. And that is strategic Russian/Sovjet key interest since over one half of a century now: to bring America and Europe apart.

Don't be stupid any longer, america. You allowed to get fooled and so voted a Russian puppet into office who happens to suffer from severe personality problems and some of the most impressive display of pathologic narcissism as I have ever seen it. Dumb and tumb like a block of wood. Stop excusing this incapable moron and stop assuming he just does not care for what he talks and that he does not mean it. The KGB looked for "people who are vain, ambitious, narcissistic, perhaps unfaithful to their wives, corruptible and lousy analysts." And yes - Trump is the perfect candidate for this description. He betrays you, and he is a traitor to your people. Continuing to excuse this carricature of a man means you bring ever more shame and laughter about yourself this way.

I remind of the decoding of the German Enigma in WWII. In order to not communicate to the Germans that their code was unlocked, the Allies allowed to not rescue each and every ship at sea that was targetted by German U-boats, instead, they gave their actions a random pattern that let it look as if they sometimes just had luck when countering the German threat "in time", "just by chance", while on other occassions the Germans were allowed to score heavily, just to protect the secret of that Enigma was decoded. In a comparable manner, the occasional "success" decisions by Trump should not be taken as evidence that he really understands what he is doing, or that his actions are evidence for being hurtful for Russian interests. The Russian intel services have that already priced in. Its all about hiding that Trump is in Russia'S pockets.

Its worth to read Harding's full story:

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...he-white-house

It makes all a frightening lot of perfect sense. The West may beleive that it won the cold war. But there was another cold war after 1989. And that was won by Russia. And nobody in America notices it. And nobody would beleive it since it violates the holy self-defintion of being the best, the greatest, and the strongest. Putin has your face in the dirt and his fist around your balls. And Americans just dream on !?

Them Russians are damn clever in making moves, aren't they.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-19-18 at 05:28 AM.
Old 07-19-18, 06:22 AM   #4962
Skybird
Soaring

And this. In the time before the summit, two months, Russia has reduced its pile of American treasuries by over 80%. Eighty percent. As a result the interest for Americna treasuries on global market climbed from 2.7 to 3.1%, meaning that it costs the American state more to sell its treasuries. Russia is pratccally free of holding such treasuries now, just 14 billion are left.

Best friends, eh...? LOL
Old 07-19-18, 01:06 PM   #4963
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

Of course we oppose it. Our NATO partner, a nation we have spent trillions protecting and fostering for decades prefers to improve their ability to trade with the very people that NATO exists to defend its member nations against while you blow off your financial obligations to it but we're jerks for bringing it up?

Sometimes I wonder if we'd be better off leaving European defense to Europeans. Maybe keep a relationship with the Brexit Brits just to maintain a forward base in case you produce another Napoleon or Hitler. I can't imagine you'd be sorry to see us go. After all you have done nothing but complain about us for decades anyways.
As I have mentioned several times here that I agree that Germany spends not enough on defense (although I consider the margin of 80 billions as too much, since Germany has no atomic weapons), I consider your points as a little too arrogant, frankly speaking.

First of all Germany has spend >>2% during the cold war and had the most severe risk of being the battlefield of a hot war with the probable outcome to cease as a nation after the war. I guess I have not to outline the reasons for this...

Second, alone in the Afghanistan 'war', which was initiated after article 5, alone 60 soldiers lost their life, many more others and Germany pumped billions in additional support. You seem not to have any respect for this or recognition.

Third, you can have different opinions of migration and refuges, but which nation took the most refuges after the struggle in the middle east and paid the price for Putins game ? What is Trumps answer for this ...building walls like in Mexico and then simply not care what happens ? Is this the morale view of the current American ultra ? 'right'

If you want to have a scientific and unbiased view on NATO you may read
https://www.amazon.com/Defense-West-.../dp/1526105764

But I guess in the Trump age, facts do not count anymore...
Old 07-19-18, 03:14 PM   #4964
vienna
Navy Seal

<O>
Old 07-19-18, 03:20 PM   #4965
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Closed Thread