SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-13, 03:51 PM   #196
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
What goes on the web stays on the web and shouldn't be sold, folded, spindled or mutilated. If you don't copyright your work, you've got no room to complain in a court of law. If you do copyright your work, I hope you enjoy spending all your time answering usage requests. Not to mention blowing your money on copyright fees and lawyers to challenge unauthorized usage.
Only Derek Smart does things like that.

Tomorrow never comes
Wolferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-13, 11:41 PM   #197
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 17
Default AK-47 Stripping in Russian School *video*

Awesome!
Wish we did something like this when i was going to school.

Quote:
Assembly and disassembly of the assault rifle AK-74 in Russian school. The "Patriot" competition among the students of 9-10 grade.

American schoolteachers would rather have a hissy fit before allowing this in their schools.

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Feuer Frei! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 12:08 AM   #198
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

All in a nation where a citizen is not allowed to own such a firearm nor anything close to it.

That is just a goofy carry over from the Cold War.It was their version of JROTC.And a monkey can field strip an AK-74/47 if given a four or five hour course on the weapon.

Also I note that they fail to do a functionality check so technically that would be a no go because they fail to confirm that the weapon is in fact fully functional.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 12:23 AM   #199
Stealhead
Navy Seal

All in a nation where a citizen is not allowed to own such a firearm.

That is just a goofy carry over from the Cold War.It was their version of JROTC.And a monkey can field strip an AK-74/47 if given a four or five hour course on the weapon.

Also I note that they fail to do a functionality check so technically that would be a no go.Not to mention the fact that when they start the strip process they do not first confirm that the weapon is not loaded before doing anything else that is how people wind up shooting themselves or someone else on accident.

I like how things are done here in the US where you learn how to properly field strip a weapon if either you choose to do so of your own free will or you are trained to do so because you are member of the armed forces or a police force where such a skill is actually practical.If a kid does not want to be around guns they should not have to be.
Old 08-17-13, 12:27 AM   #200
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

No reason to think or assume that the functionality test wasn't done beforehand. Before filming started. In fact i highly suspect that it would have been.

As for monkeys being taught how to strip a ak-47 after 5 hours of training?
Humans as well, no doubt.

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Old 08-17-13, 12:36 AM   #201
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

I've done it before.

Stealhead is right. It's not challenging to pick up.

I had an iOS app where you could take apart an AK-47...I think I got to like 2 minutes on that thing.

I've only done it once with the real thing and I didn't completely disassemble it.
Old 08-17-13, 12:36 AM   #202
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Well you must not have been in the military because a functionally check should be performed by each person that takes down and reassembles the weapon.

You strip a firearm either to clean it or because malfunction has occurred and you need to ascertain what is wrong fix it if possible and then reassembly the weapon the final step being making sure the things works and that you assembled it correctly hence the functionality check.

the other very very bad habit they are teaching as I mentioned is as they walked up to perform the drill they should first and foremost have pulled the bolt back and looked into the chamber to confirm that the firearm in their hands does have a round in it lest they send a bullet down the barrel and through the wall into the kind in the next rooms head.Not safe at all.Even if you know that the gun is not loaded and their are no bullets in 1,000 miles you still check every single time you touch any firearm.

Now more than likely that rifle has a rod welded into the barrel and the firing pin has been melted but it is still a firearm and the point I assume is to teach the kids to some day handle a fully functional version of the real thing that shots bullets down the barrel at 2,700 FPS that you can not take back once it has been fired.
Old 08-17-13, 12:39 AM   #203
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Looks like the ak-47 shown in the video only has 5 parts to it.

That suggests to me that it is missing pertinent parts, us-made parts and factory parts which can't be removed.
Ie a modified version.

Magazine, operating handle, bolt carrier, gas-cylinder tube, handguard.

So a monkey could do it.

On a modified version, which this seems to be.

A fully-constructed ak-47, not so likely.

(sorry about font colour, internet went offline)

As for the military, i served.

We used to strip the slr 7.62, functionality check, as you put it, was done once, before the operation (strip).
Slr was stripped, blindfolded and open-eyed.

the slr was about as easy to strip as that modified ak-47.

I failed to add, that a field strip is different from a detailed strip. As you would know.

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Old 08-17-13, 12:44 AM   #204
Stealhead
Navy Seal

It looks like an AK-74M to standard issue to the Russian army and they remove the muzzle brake which is a feature of the 74 and the 103 the other clue that is an AK-74 and not a 103 is that the magazine is a 5.45x39mm magazine.
Old 08-17-13, 12:57 AM   #205
Stealhead
Navy Seal

I count 7 major components all as they should be

1.dust cover
2.carrier spring
3.bolt carrier with piston
4.bolt
5.gas tube
6.magazine
7.muzzle brake

I still say a monkey can do it because in parts of this wonderful world of ours 8 year old children have fought in wars using the AK.
Old 08-17-13, 01:09 AM   #206
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

There was a gun in that video, I just saw the....

I was afraid the video was going to be about this:
Old 08-17-13, 01:11 AM   #207
Stealhead
Navy Seal

You might like this Lousaina girl nikimcbee this time an AK-47 being taken down.She forgot to mention that her AK has been modified with a bolt hold open so all that she talks about at the start there will not happen on an unmodified AK bolt.

The other thing with the Russian high school AK is surely very loose fitting compared to a rifle(most) that are not stripped dozens of times on a daily basis another disservice to those Russian kids as in the field things will be much tighter not to mention that some Russian NCO will be crushing your spleen and kicking you in the face while you desperately try to strip the AK.

Old 08-17-13, 01:28 AM   #208
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
You might like this Lousaina girl nikimcbee this time an AK-47 being taken down.She forgot to mention that her AK has been modified with a bolt hold open so all that she talks about at the start there will not happen on an unmodified AK bolt.

The other thing with the Russian high school AK is surely very loose fitting compared to a rifle(most) that are not stripped dozens of times on a daily basis another disservice to those Russian kids as in the field things will be much tighter not to mention that some Russian NCO will be crushing your spleen and kicking you in the face while you desperately try to strip the AK.

. kinda overdressed.
Old 08-17-13, 05:28 AM   #209
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Kalashankov rifles were designed for simplicity, and to be able to be used by russian farmers/peasants/whatever you want to call their common folk with a minimal amount of training. One must remember this rifle system was designed right after WW2 with the lessons learned from that conflict in mind.

For a point of comparison, i think Steelhead might like this video:

As an aside, it kind of saddens me that my "go to war rifle", is today's training rifle. Although, i think the people who came before me probably said the same thing, as I was trained on M16A1's, when my "real world" rifle was the A2. In another generation, the M4's will probably be the training rifles and something else will be their go to war rifle.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-13, 06:11 AM   #210
Susexx
Planesman

Downloads: 94

Welcome to Russia !
Citizens can buy Kalashnikovs made ​​v1950-1960 7.62 x 39. It's no problem. A pistols and revolvers are afraid we can not ... we shoot them all at once. Laws clown!

http://armsline.ru/catitem/666/wepry-k_wpo-133.html
Price ~ 500 USD
Susexx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
video, videos, youtube