SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-13-18, 09:06 PM   #1
Rosco74
Torpedoman

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0
Default Windspeed stuck at 0

Hello, I talked about it in another thread but after 2 more days, the weather didn't change, the wind speed is still at 0. It is maybe stuck for the last 4 days now, and I think the whole weather is maybe stuck, no fog or precipitation, only clear sky without wind.
I am not sure if I changed something in the setting of the TDW Generic Patcher, but I noticed there is an option to allow the wind speed to reach maximum of 60 m/s.
The second dropdown menu wich is called "TDW_EnvSim_Patch.s5p"
There is two options for max and min speed but they show as both false, so the wind shouldn't be able to drop to 0 ?

Thanks for the help if someone have time to think about it!

Cheers
Rosco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 09:20 PM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

I have never seen 0 wind, usually I get at least 2 m/s with still sea. Bad wheather max I've seen is 16 m/s and sub awash every moments.
I have also never had still sea for more days in a row, but that doesn't mean anything, could still happen to me I guess.

Did you ever make any changes in the TDW 'EditorViewer' ? That's the only possibility I can think of, because there are no weather settings in the Game Options AFAIK.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 09:25 PM   #3
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco74 View Post
Hello, I talked about it in another thread but after 2 more days, the weather didn't change, the wind speed is still at 0. It is maybe stuck for the last 4 days now, and I think the whole weather is maybe stuck, no fog or precipitation, only clear sky without wind.
I am not sure if I changed something in the setting of the TDW Generic Patcher, but I noticed there is an option to allow the wind speed to reach maximum of 60 m/s.
The second dropdown menu wich is called "TDW_EnvSim_Patch.s5p"
There is two options for max and min speed but they show as both false, so the wind shouldn't be able to drop to 0 ?

Thanks for the help if someone have time to think about it!

Cheers
Do you alt-tab your game?
Don't mess with wind patches , they are disabled for a reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
I have never seen 0 wind, usually I get at least 2 m/s with still sea. Bad wheather max I've seen is 16 m/s and sub awash every moments.
I have also never had still sea for more days in a row, but that doesn't mean anything, could still happen to me I guess.

Did you ever make any changes in the TDW 'EditorViewer' ? That's the only possibility I can think of, because there are no weather settings in the Game Options AFAIK.
0 wind speed is quite common but 16 m/s - hardly...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 09:39 PM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Do you alt-tab your game?
Don't mess with wind patches , they are disabled for a reason...

0 wind speed is quite common but 16 m/s - hardly...
Hi Vecko,
Between 2-15 for sure, not 100% sure about 16.

A technical question: with your new version, if I want to reset the TDW EditorViewer to its default, will taking everything out of JSGME and in again still work?
Also I think that's what OP should do to correct if he made any changes.
Thanks,
Old 02-13-18, 09:44 PM   #5
Rosco74
Torpedoman

Thanks for the reply. I never Atl-Tab no, I am aware of lots of bugs around it. I use max TC 128 for the same reason.
I remember I activated the 2 patches for the wind speeds 0 and max 60. But just after that I updated from 2.0.9 to 2.1.2 then I restored the snapshot, wich bring back the wind patches to "disabled".

One reason maybe is that I load a savegame that was with the wind speed at 0 but the 0 m/s wind patch is now disabled so the game engine doesn't recognize the value and cannot change it anymore...

I will try to reactivate them and reload the game
Old 02-13-18, 09:47 PM   #6
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Hi Vecko,
Between 2-15 for sure, not 100% sure about 16.
Between 0 and 15 m/s, I am sure...This is SH standard.

Quote:
A technical question: with your new version, if I want to reset the TDW EditorViewer to its default, will taking everything out of JSGME and in again still work?
Also I think that's what OP should do to correct if he made any changes.
Thanks,
Inside TWoS Documentation folder there's file called "Restore Stock OFEV Settings.bat". Run it and stock settings will be restored.
But, this probably has nothing to do with Rosco's problem (if problem at all).
Old 02-13-18, 09:50 PM   #7
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I never Atl-Tab no, I am aware of lots of bugs around it. I use max TC 128 for the same reason.
I remember I activated the 2 patches for the wind speeds 0 and max 60. But just after that I updated from 2.0.9 to 2.1.2 then I restored the snapshot, wich bring back the wind patches to "disabled".

One reason maybe is that I load a savegame that was with the wind speed at 0 but the 0 m/s wind patch is now disabled so the game engine doesn't recognize the value and cannot change it anymore...

I will try to reactivate them and reload the game
Just sail for 3-4 days without reloading the game and the weather will probably change, maybe even several times...
Old 02-13-18, 09:51 PM   #8
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Between 0 and 15 m/s, I am sure...This is SH standard.

Inside TWoS Documentation folder there's file called "Restore Stock OFEV Settings.bat". Run it and stock settings will be restored.
But, this probably has nothing to do with Rosco's problem (if problem at all).
Ok, thanks, I thought that this was the only way to change settings out of the game... But if OP played with the Generic Patcher , then I guess ALL can happen...
Old 02-13-18, 10:11 PM   #9
Rosco74
Torpedoman

Thanks for all your advices, it's a bit late here in europe (4am) so I will check tomorrow if something change after 2 or 3 days of sailing without reloading.

EDIT : before going to bed I had to try hehe. So I sailed for 6 days after re-enabling the 2 wind patches. The weather changed 2 times, the fog and the wind direction changed actually, but the wind remained at 0. Even with a wind of 0 m/s the navigator gives you a wind direction that's why I know when it changed. At the end of my test, after those 2 minor weather changes in 6 days, it finally changed a third time and now the wind is given at 6 m/s. Then I just saved and exited the game.

What do you think? Should I now disable the 2 wind patches as the wind speed seems to be unstucked?

Thanks for the support guyz, this is really appreciated!

Last edited by Rosco74; 02-13-18 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-14-18, 07:28 AM   #10
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Thanks for all your advices, it's a bit late here in europe (4am) so I will check tomorrow if something change after 2 or 3 days of sailing without reloading.

EDIT : before going to bed I had to try hehe. So I sailed for 6 days after re-enabling the 2 wind patches. The weather changed 2 times, the fog and the wind direction changed actually, but the wind remained at 0. Even with a wind of 0 m/s the navigator gives you a wind direction that's why I know when it changed. At the end of my test, after those 2 minor weather changes in 6 days, it finally changed a third time and now the wind is given at 6 m/s. Then I just saved and exited the game.

What do you think? Should I now disable the 2 wind patches as the wind speed seems to be unstucked?

Thanks for the support guyz, this is really appreciated!
Please: How can I enable those two wind patches? I have the same problem with the weather. I load/reload; I cruise for weeks and the weather seems stuck. Never a rain, never fog, never a storm.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 07:44 AM   #11
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Please: How can I enable those two wind patches? I have the same problem with the weather. I load/reload; I cruise for weeks and the weather seems stuck. Never a rain, never fog, never a storm.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Hey Fitz!
I'll say once again that you guys shouldn't mess u with wind patches because game files are not optimized for them.

Do what I have suggested in post No. 7 and you'll see that weather changes actually work.
Old 02-14-18, 06:31 PM   #12
Rosco74
Torpedoman

You should remove those 2 patches if it is so buggy. Anyway after sailing 6 days at TC256 in the North Sea, It seems to be back to normal, now the 2 patches are disabled I hope it's all ok

Edit : didn't encountered any ship while sailing those 6 days lol