SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-18, 01:26 PM   #1
Ashikaga
Commodore

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default help requested change sound to different command action...

Hello all.

I want to remove the alarm bell sound from the order periscope depth and place the alarm bell ringing sound to its proper historic order namely crash dive.

How do I do this if it is at all possible?

Last edited by Ashikaga; 02-19-18 at 05:49 PM.
Ashikaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-18, 06:30 AM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

The mod Das Boot Sound Mod (DBSM) exactly does that, and more. For TWoS I had to change it and make an adjusted version for my own so it can run flawlessly, I didn't want the keyboard changes but only voice and sound replacement.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-18, 10:58 AM   #3
bart
Frogman

Downloads: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
The mod Das Boot Sound Mod (DBSM) exactly does that, and more. For TWoS I had to change it and make an adjusted version for my own so it can run flawlessly, I didn't want the keyboard changes but only voice and sound replacement.
I'm having a similar issue to the OP. I have tried to swap a few sound files but the game will not play them.

Could you share your modified sound file so we could try that?
Old 02-20-18, 12:11 PM   #4
Ashikaga
Commodore

Is it in the download section perhaps ?

Or could you point me in the direction of the command parameters I should change to change the sounds for the commands ? Remove bell from periscope depth, add bell to crash dive command.

Old 02-20-18, 12:26 PM   #5
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Yes it's in the download section. Download the mod and change it as for my description below. I have taken notes about what I have changed, however I must be on my game rig to see the details. I will report changes here, please wait
Old 02-20-18, 06:40 PM   #6
Ashikaga
Commodore

That would be super cool! Much obliged!!!
Old 02-24-18, 05:12 AM   #7
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Ok, here comes my ADJUSTED Stormy's DBSM mod for TWoS, which fits my personal needs. AFAIK, the mod can not be loaded 1:1 in TWoS without problems, perhaps the mod is changed in the meantime, so look at the Readme of the mod carefully.
Also please note that the changes I made are ok for ME. If you don't like it, take it away after trying to ensure nothing clashes with TWoS.

What follows is a readme of my personal adjusted mod. I CANNOT guarantee that it will still work with the newest TWoS. The procedure works fine with TWoS 2.1.0.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stormy's Das Boot Sound Mod (DBSM) v.1.3 adjusted for TWoS 2.1.0

Will add some awesome new speech sound taken from the movie Das Boot as well as some other sounds inside and outside the sub. Changes the crew appearance in the sub to be somewhat similar to what you see in Das Boot.

I have adjusted Stormy's DBSM mod to be used in TWoS 2.1.0. I wanted to have only the new Speech, new sound, new crew appearance. I didn't want to have any new keyboard setting. Maybe more sound files than just that are now replaced.

What I did and what is replaced/adjusted/deleted:
------------------------------------------------

I have taken these original mod files:

- Stormys_DBSM_SH5_v1.3 Basemod
- Stormys_DBSM_SH5_v.13_additional_crew_sounds_beta6

and I have removed the following:

- Deleted all files for the new keyboard command settings, thus deleting the Menu and Cfg folder.
- Keeping only the Scripts and Sound folder to retain most of the TWoS 2.1.0 sounds if possible, the new crew, and to ensure keeping all what's not related to this mod.
- Deleted the sh.sdl file (thanks vdr1981) in both packages above to make the mod compatible with TWoS. (Important!)
- Taken the beta6 files as is but removing the sh.sdl file. (Important!)

Note:
Go to subsim.com to download the ORIGINAL Stormy mod, and do these changes.

Important:
I have tested this adjustment mod in TWoS 2.1.0, it's ok, but this doesn't mean that I have found and eliminated all possible clashes and inconsistencies with TWoS, also for future versions of TWoS I don't know if it's still wise to use, you must follow additions to TWoS in the future and eventually stop using this adjusted mod if some better sounds are added in TWoS.

Installation:
Install this adjusted mod in JSGME, AFTER the entire TWoS mod and its optional additions.

Warning:
If something doesn't work anymore after you have installed this, then remove it from JSGME and go to see if all has turned 'normal' again. You are at your own risk when using this!

XenonS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by XenonSurf; 02-24-18 at 05:35 AM.
Old 02-24-18, 10:40 AM   #8
bart
Frogman

Downloads: 245

Hi XenonSurf

Thanks for posting this.

I've just tried it on WoS 2.2.1 (the latest version) and followed your instructions. Works perfect.

I will continue to test as I play but so far no issues and it's great to get all those Das Boot sounds back into my game, and a better looking crew! Like you I was just wanting the sounds rather than the keyboard settings so this was a perfect solution for me.

If I do run into any issues I will post back here, but so far so good.

Once again thank you kaleun
Old 11-14-23, 02:59 PM   #9
Ashikaga
Commodore

Sorry to revive this old topic but has anyone managed to remove the bell sound without Sober's mod? And if so, which files does one edit and where can I find them?

I do not need anything else from that mod. Just the removal of the bell in the dive command and the (when surfaced) periscope depth command. When submerged and stating "Dive" (Tiefer) and "periscope depth" (auf sehrohrtiefe gehen) the bell does not ring.

Best Ashi.