SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-20-17, 07:22 AM   #1
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon10 Building an oil refinery

For a new single mission (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233044), I'm currently trying to create a large oil coastal installation, in the same way as basic harbours, for Aruba and Curacao islands.

I think the oil storage tanks will be added as separated destroyable land units. Don't know if terrain locations can be destroyed.

Old 08-20-17, 07:43 AM   #2
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
For a new single mission (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233044), I'm currently trying to create a large oil coastal installation, in the same way as basic harbours, for Aruba and Curacao islands.

I think the oil storage tanks will be added as separated destroyable land units. Don't know if terrain locations can be destroyed.

They can't, and AI units won't attack them. Better following your main plan, and setting them as land units

P.S: have you seen these models?
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/sea...kendClass=both
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 09:30 AM   #3
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
They can't
OK.

Quote:
They are very pretty ! Perhaps we (you ? ) might add them later in game. For a first try, I will use only stock game models.

Old 08-20-17, 10:59 AM   #4
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon12

How it is looking so far :

Old 08-20-17, 11:26 AM   #5
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Support

@ gap : Could you help me ? Go in Harbor_kit.dat in data\Library, and find the model called 300/150_rectangle (node 41). I need a triangle which is half this rectangle, well textured with the same textures. And the same triangle but in the other direction. Can you do that for me please ?
Old 08-20-17, 11:26 AM   #6
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
They are very pretty ! Perhaps we (you ? ) might add them later in game. For a first try, I will use only stock game models.
Roger that

Quote:
How it is looking so far :

So nice!
Old 08-20-17, 12:32 PM   #7
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon9

So, I added placement nodes which add models contained in Karbor_kit.dat, and the refinery is correctly placed in game. But then, I added placement nodes adding a new model placed into a different .dat file (still in Library folder), and the game crashes ...

Any ideas ?
Old 08-20-17, 12:51 PM   #8
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
So, I added placement nodes which add models contained in Karbor_kit.dat, and the refinery is correctly placed in game. But then, I added placement nodes adding a new model placed into a different .dat file (still in Library folder), and the game crashes ...

Any ideas ?
It must be a trivial error as we have already used placement nodes pointing to custom library files.
For a start, I would try and link the new model directly to the location file you are working on just to make sure that nothing is wrong with that model...
Old 08-20-17, 01:36 PM   #9
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
It must be a trivial error as we have already used placement nodes pointing to custom library files.
For a start, I would try and link the new model directly to the location file you are working on just to make sure that nothing is wrong with that model...
OK, I will see that.

BTW, did you see my previous post ?

Quote:
@ gap : Could you help me ? Go in Harbor_kit.dat in data\Library, and find the model called 300/150_rectangle (node 41). I need a triangle which is half this rectangle, well textured with the same textures. And the same triangle but in the other direction. Can you do that for me please ?
Old 08-20-17, 02:12 PM   #10
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
OK, I will see that.

BTW, did you see my previous post ?
Sorry, I had missed that

Quote:
No problem. After dinner I will do that
Old 08-20-17, 03:22 PM   #11
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon8

OK. I give up. It seems impossible to have placement nodes in a terrain location file, which are linked to another node (in a .dat file stored in Library folder) containing also placement nodes (linked to nodes with 3D models in another .dat file of the library folder) ... although it worked one time !

Old 08-20-17, 04:47 PM   #12
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
OK. I give up. It seems impossible to have placement nodes in a terrain location file, which are linked to another node (in a .dat file stored in Library folder) containing also placement nodes (linked to nodes with 3D models in another .dat file of the library folder) ... although it worked one time !

Do you mean that we cannot have on the same file placement nodes pointing to models stored in different library files?

If that is the problem, why don't you store the new models directly in the new location file? Or alternatively you could place it Harbor_kit.dat
Old 08-20-17, 05:03 PM   #13
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
For making usre that I wont misunderstand shape and proportions, could you please quickly draw the two triangular-shaped objects that you need, next to the original 300/150_rectangle model?
Old 08-20-17, 05:36 PM   #14
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
For making usre that I wont misunderstand shape and proportions, could you please quickly draw the two triangular-shaped objects that you need, next to the original 300/150_rectangle model?

Else, I'm searching a solution for 3 hours, and still no result ... that's crazy ! Nothing is working ! It worked only 2 times, and then only CTD, even if removing modifications after first CTD following a working attempt.

Here is the structure of the current location file (no CTD, but nothing visible in game) :

Old 08-20-17, 06:43 PM   #15
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sssuy...0_triangles.7z

Quote:
Else, I'm searching a solution for 3 hours, and still no result ... that's crazy ! Nothing is working ! It worked only 2 times, and then only CTD, even if removing modifications after first CTD following a working attempt.

Here is the structure of the current location file (no CTD, but nothing visible in game) :

Please upload somewhere the latest version of your mod (together with your testing mission), for me to dig into its files. Maybe, with a fresher eye, I will be able to spot the problem