SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims > Sub Commander
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-15, 08:36 AM   #526
Wojtek94
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

When can we expect new version of Sub Commander? Although approximately
Wojtek94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 07:15 AM   #527
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27

I've recently started working on one of the most requested features, the ability to play in real time rather than with the default slight time acceleration. It's working ok, but it's added a lot of bugs to find and fix unfortunately. After that's done, there are still a couple of other things I'd like to add before the next release to make it worth the huge wait.

I don't want to specify a concrete release date because I don't want to risk disappointing anyone, but hopefully I'll have a new version ready some time within the next 3-4 weeks.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 11:51 AM   #528
Wojtek94
Watch

Thank you for reply Great news and great work!
Old 07-18-15, 03:26 AM   #529
Wojtek94
Watch

I have a question about hull endurance. It is possible to make more random crush depth? It will give us a thrill
Old 08-06-15, 07:45 AM   #530
TheGeoff
Planesman

After months of hectic distractions I finally have the time to work on this project regularly again! The new version is progressing well and new features are being added almost daily.

I am also creating a tutorial document which teaches the basics of the game step-by-step, hopefully making it far easier for beginners to learn to play. When that's done, I plan to make a sort of quick reference guide for experienced players too.

Thanks for your patience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtek94 View Post
I have a question about hull endurance. It is possible to make more random crush depth? It will give us a thrill
Good idea, I've just added this for the next version. Crush depth is now somewhere close to the nominal value, but it is randomised and could be higher or lower...
Old 08-06-15, 07:51 AM   #531
TheGeoff
Planesman

For those who are interested, here's a quick screenshot showing some of the new torpedo settings (bottom left of the control panel):
Old 08-06-15, 11:32 AM   #532
Wojtek94
Watch

For me your project is unique because you have mixed the best features of Silent Hunter,Aces of the Deep and FTL so months of waiting aren't a problem at all ,,Father" of UnReal World has been making this game for 20 years and he still has many ideas. He is making the biggest update to his game(quests,more ,,deep" NPC,new weather system,better graphic etc) and he always uses ideas of his fans to improve his project(just like you). I wish you to have the same strong will to continue the work but for me it needs only more complex and difficult combat(maybe difficult options in % will be good idea) and specific submarines for specific country(USA with Typhoon...?). Keep up the good work
Old 08-07-15, 12:15 PM   #533
kust
Swabbie

Icon14

Whats the difference between passive and active sonar ?. I also got an idea that there is a small chance if something breaks you will need spare parts as you can buy in harbour.

Keep up the good work
kust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-15, 01:57 PM   #534
Panos1221
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

How can you change the resolution? I have a 1680x1050 and I cant see any of the fonts they are too small.Running it on win10
Panos1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 02:02 AM   #535
jadervason
Bosun

Downloads: 15

Workaround: Windows magnifier?
jadervason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 03:12 AM   #536
Panos1221
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadervason View Post
Workaround: Windows magnifier?
where is that cant find it
Panos1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-15, 02:04 AM   #537
jadervason
Bosun

Try holding down the Windows logo key and pressing U to access the accessibility features menu
jadervason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-15, 07:43 AM   #538
TheGeoff
Planesman

There is no way to change the resolution of the game, unfortunately. The only way to make the window larger is to run the game in full screen mode - you can do this by setting "windowed = 0" in the gameoptions.ini file in the game folder.

However, if the font is illegible I suspect you have another problem here. I use a 1680x1050 screen myself and the font is easily readable, but on some computers there is a rare bug which causes the text to be incredibly small like this. If that looks similar to what you're seeing, try changing the font in gameoptions.ini to something other than the default settings - try this for example:

font = Verdana
font_size = 14
Old 08-15-15, 03:07 PM   #539
Zazyman32
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default Hey people!

Hey Geoff, just wanted to say first off I'm having loads of fun with the game in its normal set format, and with my own set challenge. But first of all, a quick suggestion:

With all of the traits in the game, how about a medical trait? So like, a trained medic is able to help with radiation (unlike the rest of the crew) and also deal with other problems faster like unconsciousness, and as they do it more, they progress like a welder or a repairman.

Another suggestion is to have the item/traits meaning guide in the actual guide it self, so that people can refer to it and quickly understand what each crew member can do, and what equipment is best for each job.

Oh, and as my own challenge, I've been trying to get the sub reliablity setting as low as possible, and I have to do 3 missions. I'm allowed to go to friendly ports if I want, but as you might see on the other thread I'm in a pretty bad way.

And again, thanks for the great free game! I hope it continues to grow, as well as your 3D version
Zazyman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-15, 06:24 PM   #540
Vivalas
Bilge Rat

Greetings, I am new to this forum but have been lurking for some time and was waiting for a more appropriate time, but I just couldn't help myself.

I really love your game and everything about it, and really can't wait to see how far it goes, the interesting cross-over of DF and FTL mixed with submarine simulation is amazing.

After reading through this whole thread (which took a long time), the real reason I came was to report a bug where if you refit as the diesel-only sub, it loses the extra efficiency that it's engines have and it becomes unusable, since it doesn't have enough power for it'e engines. (I'm guessing that it's diesels have more output since the other subs can't run using just diesel at the speed it can.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote