SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-21-09, 11:58 PM   #1
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3
Default Playing Fleet Command using Glide wrapper.

I'd like to know what setting any of you chaps on this forum that play Fleet Command using the Glide wrapper files?

If your not sure what I'm on about, check the two links below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glide_API

http://dege.freeweb.hu/index.html

Here are my setting thanks to a good friend.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 11-22-09 at 12:09 AM.
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 05:50 AM   #2
nycoroner05
Soundman

Downloads: 144
Uploads: 0
Default New issue

They released a bundle of FC SC and 688i that will run on XP and 7 without extra software. might want to invest in that
Old 01-29-11, 03:07 PM   #3
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

This would be of help, but your replying to someone that has play, modded and hack this game for years, also I have got many versions of FC too.

Jane's Fleet Command. (works fine on XP\Vista\Winodow 7 32&64bit)
SCS NCP version. ( Got it which it come out. )
The Steam download version ( Got it which it come out. ) and also the gamersgate download version. ( Got it which it come out. ) I'm a bit of a FC geek.

Another thing Fleet Command was coded to run primarily on 3DFX Gpu, which that's why I posted 3dfx emulator. If you haven't play this game with an 3dfx emulator or on a 3DFX Gpu, which I have done both, you don't know what your missing out on.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Old 04-09-11, 03:00 AM   #4
Cyrus Grissom
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

Sorry to dig up this "old" one.

I tried the dgVoodoo 1.40 with the settings you mentioned below.

I was able to start the game, but through loading the mission, at the point, where the "loading mission" - window should appear, I only got a black window. After some minutes I start the task manager and it says "FC not responding".

Here are my system infos:

CPU: Intel i5 at 2.27 Ghz
RAM: 4 GB
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon 5650
Fleet Command Version: Janes

I set the fc.exe to the following:

Windows 98 comp mode
Disable visual design
disable desktop creation
disable high DPI scaling
(The last two are a rough translation, as I'm Austrian. *g*)

With the "normal" Direct 3D setting in Fleet Command, the game is working without errors.

Thanks in advance for help.
Cyrus Grissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 07:16 AM   #5
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Downloads: 393

i had the same problem that you have but i used instead:
IN COMPATIBILITY WINDOWS XP(SERVICE PACK 3) AND DISABLE EVERYTHING ELSE. now you may want to use the new installer and see what happends, it works for me, and im using janes FC.
you may want to try this:
use a different folder for example use c\:fleet command, dont use the c\:janes\programs\ etc\etc
and do a clean install.
--if using win 7--
1-use the new installer
2-use the dgVoodo
3-use in compatibility windows xp(service pack 3)
4-disable:
a-visual themes
b-desktop compositions
c-display scalin on high dpi settings
you may also want to disable any background task, aero and anything that takes resources.
and give it a try
GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES.

MY COMP::
ProductStudio XPS 435T/9000
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-bit)
DirectX Version11Intel(R)
Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (CPU:0)NameIntel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHzCores4Threads8
System MemoryTotal Physical Memory8.00 GBMaximum Supported Memory24.00
1TBHard Drive
TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653GModel

Last edited by juniorjj84; 04-09-11 at 07:28 AM.
juniorjj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 12:02 PM   #6
Cyrus Grissom
Swabbie

Hi!

I tried everything you mentioned, but still no joy. :-(

Other ideas?
Old 04-09-11, 02:18 PM   #7
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus Grissom View Post
Sorry to dig up this "old" one.

I tried the dgVoodoo 1.40 with the settings you mentioned below.

I was able to start the game, but through loading the mission, at the point, where the "loading mission" - window should appear, I only got a black window. After some minutes I start the task manager and it says "FC not responding".

Here are my system infos:

CPU: Intel i5 at 2.27 Ghz
RAM: 4 GB
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon 5650
Fleet Command Version: Janes

I set the fc.exe to the following:

Windows 98 comp mode
Disable visual design
disable desktop creation
disable high DPI scaling
(The last two are a rough translation, as I'm Austrian. *g*)

With the "normal" Direct 3D setting in Fleet Command, the game is working without errors.

Thanks in advance for help.
Hello Cyrus Grissom.

The dgVoodoo 1.40 doesn't work on Vista\W7 you need to use dgVoodoo v1.50 Beta2, but this doesn't work very well with Ati GPU's.

I would recommend you delete everything to do with the dgVoodoo file.
Then try the nGlide its a much better 3dfx emulator.

http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide

Let me know how its works.

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 04-09-11 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-10-11, 05:38 PM   #8
juniorjj84
A-ganger

I just try the dgVOODO 1.50 and it doesn work with fleet command, well it didnt work for me, that doesnt mean that it wont work for you, since is a beta my screen will go blank and then when the title comes up it freezes,
try all the tricks it mention in the read me file and nothing, so i went back and use the dgVODDO 1.40 and it works like a charm, so im working to see whats wrong, if any progress i will keep you posted.

By the way fleet command cc i try the 3dfx that you mention and it works, except that my screen is red and the buttons in the sim are yellow, i try to fine tune it but no success, maybe im doing something wrong, do no, so if any sugestion let me know.
Old 04-13-11, 10:15 AM   #9
Cyrus Grissom
Swabbie

@fleet command cc: Thank you for this tool, this one is working.

I've just two small glitches:

1) I'm only able to run at solution of 800x600 instead of 1024x768 (which is available in Direct 3D)

2) I don't see any anti-aliasing. Is it possible to enable it for 3DFX?

Would be cool, if someone knows a solution for this. ;-)
Old 04-14-11, 03:23 PM   #10
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Quote:

1) I'm only able to run at solution of 800x600 instead of 1024x768 (which is available in Direct 3D)

Cyrus Grissom tell me something if you are using the 3DFX, have you experiment some anomaly of any kind? like red screen or yellow buttons or something like that at all, or your screen looks normal? i mean if i use the 3dfx my screen looks reddish and the buttons looks funny, the game will play but the screen dont looks normal at all and i hear that in some occassions the program have mess up the monitor, i read it in the 3dfx forum so im afraid to use it because the anomaly im experimenting, any good news let me know, please.
Old 04-14-11, 03:37 PM   #11
Cyrus Grissom
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorjj84 View Post
Cyrus Grissom tell me something if you are using the 3DFX, have you experiment some anomaly of any kind? like red screen or yellow buttons or something like that at all, or your screen looks normal? i mean if i use the 3dfx my screen looks reddish and the buttons looks funny, the game will play but the screen dont looks normal at all and i hear that in some occassions the program have mess up the monitor, i read it in the 3dfx forum so im afraid to use it because the anomaly im experimenting, any good news let me know, please.
juniorjj84, beside the mentioned glitches (Resolution 800x600, no AA) I don't have any problems with 3dfx. No reddish screen, no funny buttons, nothing.
Old 04-14-11, 07:49 PM   #12
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorjj84 View Post
I just try the dgVOODO 1.50 and it doesn work with fleet command, well it didnt work for me, that doesnt mean that it wont work for you, since is a beta my screen will go blank and then when the title comes up it freezes,
try all the tricks it mention in the read me file and nothing, so i went back and use the dgVODDO 1.40 and it works like a charm, so im working to see whats wrong, if any progress i will keep you posted.

By the way fleet command cc i try the 3dfx that you mention and it works, except that my screen is red and the buttons in the sim are yellow, i try to fine tune it but no success, maybe im doing something wrong, do no, so if any sugestion let me know.
Hey juniorjj84.

Not sure why you would get that problem, but did you make sure you deleted everything to do with the dgVODDO 1.40 files?

May I ask what GPU you have got install in your PC?>

Old 04-14-11, 08:03 PM   #13
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:

Hey Cyrus Grissom.

About the your two points I didn't make this 3dfx emulator.

The 800x600 is not a glitch that is the max available within the game with the nGlide. You would need to used the Configurator to get the 1024x768, but it doesn't look that good.

By the way 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 is also available if you use Direct 3D, and if you press Ctrl v the game will run smooth on both resolutions.

The max you can get with 3DFX Graphic card is 1024x768, I know this because I have got about eight of them.

Has far as I know anti-aliasing is not available with the nGlide 3dfx emulator. You would need to ask the maker of the emulator, sign-up to the forum and ask him about it, but its available on the GPU if I remember right haven't used my 3DFX for a week or two so I can't say for sure.

Having the anti-aliasing on can cause problems with the game, so its not a good idea having it one any way.

Note from the SCS version README.txt.

Quote:
II. Known Issues
================================
------------
A. Display
------------
1) Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering
It is recommended that Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering be DISABLED or set to
APPLICATION CONTROLLED from your video card's settings page. When these settings
are enabled outside the game, visual anomalies may occur.

In general, if you find a visual problem in the game, make sure you have the latest
drivers installed for your video card. The NVidia and ATI download sites are
listed below.

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 04-14-11 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-15-11, 01:45 AM   #14
Cyrus Grissom
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet Command CC View Post
Hey Cyrus Grissom.

About the your two points I didn't make this 3dfx emulator.

The 800x600 is not a glitch that is the max available within the game with the nGlide. You would need to used the Configurator to get the 1024x768, but it doesn't look that good.

By the way 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 is also available if you use Direct 3D, and if you press Ctrl v the game will run smooth on both resolutions.

The max you can get with 3DFX Graphic card is 1024x768, I know this because I have got about eight of them.

Has far as I know anti-aliasing is not available with the nGlide 3dfx emulator. You would need to ask the maker of the emulator, sign-up to the forum and ask him about it, but its available on the GPU if I remember right haven't used my 3DFX for a week or two so I can't say for sure.

Having the anti-aliasing on can cause problems with the game, so its not a good idea having it one any way.

Note from the SCS version README.txt.
Thanks for this info. I will fidle around a little bit with solutions on 3DFX :-)

Just one thing makes me curios, you mentioned, that it is possible to run FC in higher resolutions than 1024x768 in Direct3D. But, if I run it in D3D, the highest option in the game settings are 1024x768. So, should I use an extra tool to get the higher resolutions? Or is this maybe only an option in the "newer" release of FC, not the janes one which I own?
Old 04-15-11, 03:05 PM   #15
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Hi, Fleet Command, glad to have you back full throttle, yes i did erase the dgvodoo 1.40 and every single file associated with it, and i still get that redish and yellow buttons, i really dont know why, the game run fine is just this anomaly that bothers me, here is info about my comp you ask for:

System SummaryProductStudio XPS 435T/9000
BIOS Version String A16
Operating System Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-bit)
DirectX Version11
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (CPU:0) NameIntel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz Cores 4 Threads 8 System
MemoryTotal Physical Memory 8.00 GB Maximum Supported Memory24.00

Hope this help you out.