SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-07-07, 03:23 AM   #16
Michiel de Ruyter
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

A-cool-a,

I seem to remember that after installing SCX (whatever version) one needed to run a couple of batch jobs to incorporate new models and skins in the SC data. If not, SC crashes out, because it is looking for a model that isn't available to it.

I think batch files are in the gfx folder of SC but I am not sure (it has been a while). Anyway, the readme with SCX will tell you where to find them (assuming you haven't run them yet).

By God, I think the Devil sh!ts Dutchmen! - Samual Pepys, 1667
Michiel de Ruyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 04:50 AM   #17
A-cool-a
Watch

I did actually try running those BATs, but the programs attached to them crash when they're executed by the BATs. :\ I figure that if I try running the programs outside the BATs, they won't work right then, either.
A-cool-a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 06:26 AM   #18
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

If you downloaded the SCX Installer from www.subguru.com then all you have to do is follow the steps I described in my post above : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...25&postcount=4

That btw. includes following the directions like not starting any batch files. If you disregard those instructions ... :hmm:
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 08:23 AM   #19
Linton
Sea Lord

When i mentioned version 1.0 I meant the one that was in the stand alone game not the NCP.
Linton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-07, 12:57 AM   #20
A-cool-a
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot
If you downloaded the SCX Installer from www.subguru.com then all you have to do is follow the steps I described in my post above : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...25&postcount=4

That btw. includes following the directions like not starting any batch files. If you disregard those instructions ... :hmm:
That's how I did it the first time (and second time, after re-installing SC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linton
When i mentioned version 1.0 I meant the one that was in the stand alone game not the NCP.
I know, I don't have the NCP. I have the stand-alone game, as I mentioned earlier.
Old 05-08-07, 06:10 PM   #21
Linton
Sea Lord

Well I suggest you start from the beginning.Remove every file associated with SC and start again.It is wort it I assure you.I somewhere have a copy of SCx in parts that I downloaded a couple of years ago from Ramius' site.Let me know how you got on.I have a copy of the european release of SC.
Old 05-13-07, 05:01 PM   #22
Linton
Sea Lord

If you ve any more questions pm me or visit:
http://subsimulations.informe.com/index.php
Old 06-20-07, 12:24 AM   #23
CaptBC
Seaman

Downloads: 30

I had nearly the same problem when I installed SCX. Clean install of the original SC, patch to 1.08, then install SCX using Subguru's installer. I did run the .bat files, and all is well. If the .bat files will not run, you may have a conflict. Try restarting in safe mode, run the .bat files, then restart in normal mode. Hope that helps!

Capt. BC

CaptBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-07, 03:01 AM   #24
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

The .bat files are run by the installer .... if you run them again it shouldnt hopefuly create any problems but it definitly doesnt solve any.

If you use the original SC, everything should work as designed, you might encounter problems with NCP SC.
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-07, 03:31 PM   #25
CaptBC
Seaman

Downloads: 30

I probably would not have to run the .bat files if I had run the installer in Safe Mode. It seems my conflict (which I have not yet tracked down) keeps the .bat files from running. A-cool-a may have a simular conflict. Try installing from Safe Mode, and see if that works. Very cool once you get it going!

CaptBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-07, 06:03 AM   #26
lynneandcrow
Nub

Downloads: 2
HELP!!!

I have followed all instructions and directions from this web site and the SCXIIc installer also done the subcomander108c patch and all I get is Error messages when I try to open Dangerous Waters. I have uninstaled and reinstaled now 8 times I have also used the dangerous waters v104 patch. With no joy I am starting to belive that I have the incorrect version of Dangerous Waters. Is there anyway to patch an incorrect version??
Also how do you know which version is which?

Please help me!!!!!!
lynneandcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-07, 09:10 AM   #27
clive bradbury
Captain

Downloads: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynneandcrow
I have followed all instructions and directions from this web site and the SCXIIc installer also done the subcomander108c patch and all I get is Error messages when I try to open Dangerous Waters. I have uninstaled and reinstaled now 8 times I have also used the dangerous waters v104 patch. With no joy I am starting to belive that I have the incorrect version of Dangerous Waters. Is there anyway to patch an incorrect version??
Also how do you know which version is which?

Please help me!!!!!!
SCX is a mod for Sub Command - it will not work with DW.
clive bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-07, 06:09 AM   #28
lynneandcrow
Nub

Downloads: 2

Thanks for the response I think I will need to try and get sub commander from somewhere is there no expansion pack for dangerous waters available???
lynneandcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-07, 08:20 AM   #29
Fish
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynneandcrow
Thanks for the response I think I will need to try and get sub commander from somewhere is there no expansion pack for dangerous waters available???
Al info you need:

http://www.commanders-academy.com/wi..._Waters_-_Wiki

http://www.subguru.com/

http://www.sonalystscombatsims.com/d...oad_games.html
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-07, 10:25 PM   #30
A-cool-a
Watch

Sorry for the bump, but just letting you guys know that I have a new computer now, and for some reason I did everything I did on the other computer, and now SCXII works here.

I really like all the new platforms/graphics in it, with exception to the SSN-19 Shipwreck SSM, which now looks much further from the real thing than the old model (which was actually pretty close, except for the flush-mounted propulsion intake). But hey, as long as it works (and it does so well), no real complaints here. The best thing that I've noticed is the Kortik/Kashtan turrets on the Russian warships that have them work to the fullest extent now, and all surface ships with large cannons use those cannons against other ships that are very close to them, and also use them against your Special Forces rafts, meaning Kirovs and the Kuznetsov are nearly indestructible unless you use torpedoes (I'd say the Neustrashimy frigates, too, but they only have 2 of the turrets. ).

So anyway, don't know what conflict it could have been on the other computer, but it all works here.