SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-06-15, 03:42 PM   #1
Marek Shields
Swabbie

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 Mods for n00bs

Hello folks!

I would first like to preface my inquiry by saying that I appreciate this forum and the knowledgeable people who post on it that have come up with many different useful posts for getting SH3 up and running with mods.

I was browsing some of the posts for new users and am having a hard time deciding which mod(s) to use to get the most out of my SH3 game. I had installed the GWX gold mod for a while then I lost my hard drive and with it all of the mods and such I had installed for SH3. After looking around some, I came across a post that had many different super mods (GWX, Living SH3, etc) on it that one could use. I'm not really trying to start any kind of argument as to which mod is better than the other but I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind posting their mod list and a little bit about why they picked the mods they did.

I am looking to get as realistic an experience as possible (as I know many of you are) so any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Marek Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 03:56 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back

Marek Shields! after a two year silent run.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 04:59 PM   #3
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

SH3 mods? I've made a list in the past and this probably won't be as good as that one was, but I can't find it now.

NYGM: The main emphasis is on accurate AI. The enemy are very efficient and probably as realistic as it can get with the game engine involved. Little goodies include the "anti-hummingbird" function, which means that if you try to stop and hover underwater you'll slowly start sinking.

LSH3: A lot of work has gone into making the SH3 world come alive. Brilliantly rendered harbors and ships make it feel real.

WAC: Has an extremely good overall campaign, with historic warship movements and battles.

GWX: Has the best balance between all of the above, which is why it's still the most popular.

And don't forget SH3 Commander, which complements any supermod you choose with a host of controls and details which add to whatever campaign you choose.

Also, try Multi-SH3, which lets you run and organize several games on the same PC. That way you can compare them for yourself.
Old 09-06-15, 06:06 PM   #4
Marek Shields
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Marek Shields! after a two year silent run.
Thanks Atkungbby! Its good to be back. I hope to be around more once I get my copy of SH3 up and running again.
Old 09-08-15, 11:16 AM   #5
Marek Shields
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG View Post
EDIT: Dziekuje, Marek. I have added a bunch of lists for your pleasure
Thanks a bunch! I saw the mod lists there and they are very helpful. I am sure many other new users will also appreciate the lists to get them started!

Tags
mod list, mod sets, noob