SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-09-11, 07:33 AM   #16
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Sorry to hear you been sick, hope your feeling better now.
Thanks for the links, im checking them out right now and as soon i see whats up i let you know how it goes, Thank you again, and take care or yourself and praying for your pronta recuperation.
GET WELL SOON.

Ok this is great stuff im gonna have my hands full this weekend just working with the hard drive and installing and testing, but i think is gonna be worthy.
Thanks again for the info is really great and im thinking about that laptop, lets see if i can squezz something from my wife. well as soon as im done you will be the first to know how it goes, lets pray nothing bad happens.
Thank you Again

Last edited by juniorjj84; 04-09-11 at 07:45 AM.
juniorjj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 02:27 PM   #17
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorjj84 View Post
Sorry to hear you been sick, hope your feeling better now.
Thanks for the links, im checking them out right now and as soon i see whats up i let you know how it goes, Thank you again, and take care or yourself and praying for your pronta recuperation.
GET WELL SOON.
Thank you for them kind words niceone.

Quote:
Ok this is great stuff im gonna have my hands full this weekend just working with the hard drive and installing and testing, but i think is gonna be worthy.
Thanks again for the info is really great and im thinking about that laptop, lets see if i can squezz something from my wife. well as soon as im done you will be the first to know how it goes, lets pray nothing bad happens.
Thank you Again
Yep its quite easy to do just take your time, no probs about the links and info, these forums are all about helping each other and sharing info.

I wish you the best of luck trying it out.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 05:29 PM   #18
juniorjj84
A-ganger

First things firts:: HOW ARE YOU FEELING? BETTER, THATS GOOD IM GLAD.
NOW TO THE NITTY GRITTY.

Just as i expected, i follow the instruction and got the whole thing up and running, formated the hard drive, partition it, install win 98, boot the computer and everything went smooth until it boot up, had win 98 running and the all of a sudden all hell broke loose,, what happend, you ask? well is simple my computer is a very advance piece of hardware and win 98 is not up for this kind of computer, it will run but only if there were drivers for her, and thats the problems, there is no drivers for most of the hardware install in my computer, to mention some, the video card, sound card, the preocessor, and so on, but at least we give it a try, unless you have a better idea that is, what windows xp? well thats an orternative but personly i dont like win xp, but we can try, so i will keep that in mind.
Old 04-14-11, 08:32 PM   #19
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
First things firts:: HOW ARE YOU FEELING? BETTER, THATS GOOD IM GLAD.
NOW TO THE NITTY GRITTY.
Feeling a lot better now mate thank you.

Quote:
Just as i expected, i follow the instruction and got the whole thing up and running, formated the hard drive, partition it, install win 98, boot the computer and everything went smooth until it boot up, had win 98 running and the all of a sudden all hell broke loose,, what happend, you ask? well is simple my computer is a very advance piece of hardware and win 98 is not up for this kind of computer, it will run but only if there were drivers for her, and thats the problems, there is no drivers for most of the hardware install in my computer, to mention some, the video card, sound card, the preocessor, and so on, but at least we give it a try, unless you have a better idea that is, what windows xp? well thats an orternative but personly i dont like win xp, but we can try, so i will keep that in mind.
One of the main problems for running W98SE on a up to date computer, is too much RAM. One Gigabyte is the max that W98SE can load up on without it crashing.

There are two ways around this problem.

First one:

You can edited the OS to stop this problem happening, I've got a web site that explains how to do this.

Seconded one:

If you lower your computers RAM to 1GB W98SE should load-up, I've done this on a real high end MoBe & laptop and it works ok then, but getting the drivers is the problem then.

The graphic card is a easy fix, get a old GPU like a PCI 3DFX gpu, and you could do the same for the sound card.

Having said all this the best way to play FC is to get an modern desktop\laptop\netbook with a GMA GPU has I said before.

Something like these three would be be great for running the game.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170627964570

http://www.amazon.co.uk/X5DIJ-SX476V.../ref=de_a_smtd

http://www.simplyasus.com/ASUS_K50IJ...V_1008168.html

I've been thinking about buying the one from Evil Bay.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 04-14-11 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-15-11, 03:15 PM   #20
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Ok so the best bet right now for me is try to get an old computer or asamble one from scrach, i think ill do this, instead of buying one, is a lot cheaper to and i will be able to play all my games including the dos one too, so thats what im gonna do next, lets hope i can find one around, the evil one looks very promissing, lets see if i can finally make up mi mined, thanks for the tips.
Old 04-18-11, 12:50 PM   #21
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Ok so the best bet right now for me is try to get an old computer or asamble one from scrach, i think ill do this, instead of buying one, is a lot cheaper to and i will be able to play all my games including the dos one too, so thats what im gonna do next, lets hope i can find one around, the evil one looks very promissing, lets see if i can finally make up mi mined, thanks for the tips.
Hey juniorjj84.

Sounds like a good idea, I did that myself some time ago, got all the old parts from Evil Bay.

No probs about the tips, if you have any problems just ask me and I will try to help you out.

Old 04-19-11, 07:59 PM   #22
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Ok i got almost everything i need to have me a pentium 4 ready to go, that means one thing, i will be able to play all my best games ever again, isnt that great?, i can wait to play crusader no remorse and crusader no regrets. dont know if you heard about those two games but to me they are the best.., by the way im looking for a copy of DANGEROUS WATERS.
Old 09-22-11, 07:20 PM   #23
von Kinderei
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 150

I'm runnin' W XP Pro with a duel core processor and nVidia video card

I'm tryin' to install FC but it won't ... what can I do to get it installed ?

Thanks
Old 11-17-11, 01:26 PM   #24
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Kinderei View Post
I'm runnin' W XP Pro with a duel core processor and nVidia video card

I'm tryin' to install FC but it won't ... what can I do to get it installed ?

Thanks
thas odd cause it supposte to work fine im xp computers, are you using the new installer or you are install it from the cd with out the new installer?
you know about the new installer for FLEET COMMAND RIGHT? IF YOU DONT GO TO DOWNLOAD AND SEARCH FOR IT, THAT SHOULD HELP YOU.
IM RUNNING MINE IN WIN 7 WITH THE NEW INSTALLER AND RUNS LIKE A CHARM.