SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-24-18, 07:24 AM   #1
Mspot
Bosun

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default 1.15d glitch?

Since the 1.15 update to 'd' the 2000-campaign stopped working. I've included a screen-shot to indicate what I am now experiencing with variations of the background image depending upon where I am on the map when I come across a contact or I attempt to read the brief. Speaking of brief, no matter where I am on the map, do not have a brief. And, no matter where I am on the map, I cannot engage. Is this something to do with having saved the mission in campaign while in port?

I've removed the 2004-campaign folder -- same issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ColdWaters_ScreenShot.jpg (70.8 KB, 37 views)
Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: to every man upon this earth death come soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods.
Mspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-18, 07:57 PM   #2
Killerfish Games
Cold Waters Developer

Downloads: 0

Sounds like a mod is interfering.
Recommend removing/renaming your override folder.
Old 06-25-18, 12:24 AM   #3
Mspot
Bosun

I did that; just neglected to mention in the original post. In fact, when that did not work, for good measure, I deleted the override folder. Problem still persists. However, the 1968 and 1984-campaigns are fine.
Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: to every man upon this earth death come soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods.
Old 06-25-18, 07:30 PM   #4
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Try verifying the game cache in Steam. Right click Cold Waters-Properties-Game files-verify game cache.

Might be one of the files is stuffed up and needs to be reacquired. Let us know how that goes
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-18, 06:54 PM   #5
Mspot
Bosun

I did that. Everything still the same [was]. I deleted the 2000-campaign files and begun new 2000-campaign file. Was the only way to make it work.
Old 06-27-18, 01:49 AM   #6
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Weird one mate. Might be one of the files in the old 2004 Campaign has been changed and was making it incompatible with the current version. Unfortunately just a fact of life using mods.

Try saving/loading in the current campaign and if the same error occurs its probably the mod not playing nice with CW. Something in that case to bring to the attention of the mod author.
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote