SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-30-18, 12:27 PM   #1
Rangoon
A-ganger

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Default setting specific depth with keyboard?

Is there a way to assign a specific depth with the keyboard (like incremental presses up or down from a current depth or from a set depth such as periscope depth)?

I am using my own VoiceAttack profile, and had read that "Speech Recognition MiTons NewUI Editon" has the ability to set specific depths. Does it achieve this through mouse position coordinates with left click? Or are there hotkeys?
Rangoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-18, 04:10 PM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi R
Any depth can be ordered by using the microphone with Speech Recognition MiTons NewUI Editon as well as many other commands.
Basic commands are recommended keeping it simple otherwise you might get a game freeze or ctd.
Ordering crash dive for example can save you precious seconds compared to using the keyboard.

Peter

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-18, 06:01 PM   #3
Rangoon
A-ganger

Thanks Peter. Looks like the mod actually uses scripting to do things normal keyboard commands cannot? I've decided to use the mod and am in the process of setting that up now. I think I'll use it for whatever it can do by default, and VoiceAttack for anything else./

I'm using CKC now, too, but for some reason having a hard time getting keyboard commands to change in the OFEV. Seems kind of random that I can get the dialog to pop up so that I can change the conflicting shortcuts per your post on CKC and TWoS.

Last step should be customizing the grammar xml...
Old 10-31-18, 12:36 AM   #4
Rangoon
A-ganger

Using "Speech Recognition MiTons NewUI Editon" was definitely the way to go. Since it's communicating directly with SH5, it's able to do everything you need. I changed some of the grammar to allow things like "astern standard" in addition to "back standard" and "engines stop" in addition to "all stop", etc.
Old 10-31-18, 05:32 AM   #5
ouPhrontis
Bosun

Downloads: 5

Something that wasn't immediately apparent to me while scouring control lists, was that when just using the mouse-wheel on the UI, you can hold Shift and you'll step ±1, rather than 5.
ouPhrontis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-18, 10:34 AM   #6
Rangoon
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouPhrontis View Post
Something that wasn't immediately apparent to me while scouring control lists, was that when just using the mouse-wheel on the UI, you can hold Shift and you'll step ±1, rather than 5.
Good to know!