SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-11-17, 07:31 PM   #4966
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Mark, can you upload a copy ?

I do not have this mod in my library, so i cannot see what it changes ?
http://subsim.com/radioroom//downloa...o=file&id=2800

it is in the download library

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 07:18 AM   #4967
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
Mark, this 3000 Meter Bearing Plotter (1600x) that's in your "link", is the one you use? You play the game with the Metric Unit of Measurement?

If not, you need to change to the "3000 Yard Bearing Plotter (1600x)" found HERE.

It would seem your system is still not functioning as it should regarding its memory usage. LAA may still not be functioning on your system to help it render all the necessary memory hog items that Fotrs Ultimate, paired with the correct 3000 Yard Bearing Plotter brings. It's either that, or you still have some drag/drop files in places you shouldn't have within the game/mods you're using?

Without a doubt, the Bearing Plotter is a huge memory hog.......the higher the resolution of your monitor, the larger the Bearing Plotter image overlay has to be to measure correctly (pulling out the map Ruler, the Bearing Plotter will read 2000 yards, at the 2000 yards mark). Actually the largest is the (1920x) Plotter.....it measures in feet, not inches in actual image size! That's a lot of extra picture to be rendered onto your computers screen. You're (1600x) Plotter is just a bit smaller.

Most players will be able to use the 3000 Yard Bearing Plotter IF they setup their system/game to use all the memory your system has to offer with an app like Large Address Aware. That's why I'm wondering if you've got things set correctly?

Up to this point, I don't think you've told us what is your computer specs? Laptop, or desk top? Guess we better start at the beginning.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 07-13-17 at 06:28 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 07:40 AM   #4968
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Mark, this 3000 Meter Bearing Plotter (1600x) that's in your "link", is the one you use? You play the game with the Metric Unit of Measurement?

If not, you need to change to the "3000 Yard Bearing Plotter (1600x)" found HERE.

It would seem your system is still not functioning as it should regarding its memory usage. LAA may still not be functioning on your system to help it render all the necessary memory hog items that Fotrs Ultimate, paired with the correct 3000 Yard Bearing Plotter brings. It's either that, or you still have some drag/drop files in places you shouldn't have within the game/mods you're using?

Without a doubt, the Bearing Plotter is a huge memory hog.......the higher the resolution of your monitor, the larger the Bearing Plotter image overlay has to be to measure correctly (pulling out the map Ruler, the Bearing Plotter will read 2000 yards, at the 2000 yards mark). Actually the largest is the (1920x) Plotter.....it measures in feet, not inches in actually image size! That's a lot of extra picture to be rendered onto your computers screen. You're (1600x) Plotter is just a bit smaller.

Most players will be able to use the 3000 Yard Bearing Plotter IF they setup their system/game to use all the memory your system has to offer with an app like Large Address Aware. That's why I'm wondering if you've got things set correctly?

Up to this point, I don't think you've told us what is your computer specs? Laptop, or desk top? Guess we better start at the beginning.
dell xps (quad processors) 8 gig ram GeForce vid card 4 gig ram
update process runs automatically for dell, GeForce, and OS
OS is Win7
just installed Game Boost 4 which appears to be a winner.
LAA appears to be installed for SH4.
Let me know if you need addl info.
BTW, i've run two missions without difficulty since i abandoned the 3000 yd mod.
i went to the 16x9 video last year when it seemed from the posts i was reading that that was the favored resolution. what res would you recommend?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LAA.jpg (22.0 KB, 8 views)

LAA enabled
Old 07-12-17, 08:44 AM   #4969
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
dell xps (quad processors) 8 gig ram GeForce vid card 4 gig ram
update process runs automatically for dell, GeForce, and OS
OS is Win7
just installed Game Boost 4 which appears to be a winner.
LAA appears to be installed for SH4.
Let me know if you need addl info.
BTW, i've run two missions without difficulty since i abandoned the 3000 yd mod.
i went to the 16x9 video last year when it seemed from the posts i was reading that that was the favored resolution. what res would you recommend?
Mark, not that this is related to your computer specs, or trouble per say, but when I hit the "Reply" to your above post, that image file of yours looks really suspicious with its address?!? It was pages.....I mean "PAGES" long! There's something going on with your image file "address" that's creating dozens and dozens of pages (not just lines of address, but pages) full of address. In this "Reply to Thread" text box from SubSim, it took me quite a long time to "cut" the image address out of my reply.......I've never seen this before!

It's the same thing that Moonlight posted about HERE. Something isn't right with your image posting. IF that's all there is to it?!?

===================

As far as your Windows 7 OS, is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

===================

Regarding your 16x9 screen.......What is the resolution? 16x9 is the Aspect Ratio, what's the Resolution?

Not that it makes a difference if you've decided to not use the 3000 Yard Bearing Plotter, but you wouldn't use the (1600x) version of the Plotter with a 16x9 Aspect Ratio anyway....whether it's the meter, or yard version.

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 07-12-17, 08:54 AM   #4970
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The set-up for SH4 with Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate on it is to run your LCD monitor at its "native" resolution, have Win7 set to the same resolution, and the game also set to that resolution, if those settings are available. If not, you'll have to experiment a bit in the game. If you have a CRT monitor, there is not "native" resolution, so you can pick what works best. From that, choose your bearing tool. As an example, my LCD monitor is an NEC 1970VX (4:3), with a "native" resolution of 1280x1024. I've got Windows set to the same resolution. Windows might show a "recommended" for the resolution... I would choose #3 on CapnScurvy's 3000 Yard/Meter Bearing Plotter Tool list - I think... Capn?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-12-17 at 09:00 AM. Reason: bad bad linkie blue, baddest link in the i-net
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 09:08 AM   #4971
propbeanie

Quote:
Mark, not that this is related to your computer specs, or trouble per say, but when I hit the "Reply" to your above post, that image file of yours looks really suspicious with its address?!? It was pages.....I mean "PAGES" long! There's something going on with your image file "address" that's creating dozens and dozens of pages (not just lines of address, but pages) full of address. In this "Reply to Thread" text box from SubSim, it took me quite a long time to "cut" the image address out of my reply.......I've never seen this before!...
Capn, I don't get the same when I go to quote or plain Reply to him. I see the link to his pic is
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/atta...1&d=1499863353
and that the file is 100x50 pixels, for 22kb in size... Does your "Einstein" status give you greater-than-Mod-powers?... - maybe you're seeing the upload link?

Old 07-12-17, 10:51 AM   #4972
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Capn, I don't get the same when I go to quote or plain Reply to him. I see the link to his pic is
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/atta...1&d=1499863353
and that the file is 100x50 pixels, for 22kb in size... Does your "Einstein" status give you greater-than-Mod-powers?... - maybe you're seeing the upload link?
My "power" is using a Vista OS to open the "Reply to Thread" icon on the bottom right hand corner of this post. My Windows XP doesn't even show the Thumbnail address, I didn't look at it with my Windows 10 system.

Here's what I see with my magical powers:

Get the picture??

Quote:
Old 07-12-17, 01:27 PM   #4973
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Mark, not that this is related to your computer specs, or trouble per say, but when I hit the "Reply" to your above post, that image file of yours looks really suspicious with its address?!? It was pages.....I mean "PAGES" long! There's something going on with your image file "address" that's creating dozens and dozens of pages (not just lines of address, but pages) full of address. In this "Reply to Thread" text box from SubSim, it took me quite a long time to "cut" the image address out of my reply.......I've never seen this before!

It's the same thing that Moonlight posted about HERE. Something isn't right with your image posting. IF that's all there is to it?!?

===================

As far as your Windows 7 OS, is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

===================

Regarding your 16x9 screen.......What is the resolution? 16x9 is the Aspect Ratio, what's the Resolution?

Not that it makes a difference if you've decided to not use the 3000 Yard Bearing Plotter, but you wouldn't use the (1600x) version of the Plotter with a 16x9 Aspect Ratio anyway....whether it's the meter, or yard version.
scurvy,

my OS is Win7-64 bit

as far as the thumbnail is concerned, it was only a screen print saved as a JPG. maybe 24k size wise. that is all there is to it.
it was meant to show you the LAA status of SH4. for some reason, subsim will not accept my copy/paste graphics of screen shots because they are too big. when i attempt to edit them using GIMP2 they save into jpg and that is what you see. if i could just perform a screen-print-copy-paste into subsim i would be overjoyed, enraptured, embalmed.

i am not understanding your nuance of resolution. my win7 monitor res is 1600x900 x 32bit color x 60 hz. if there is another setting you are interested in, let me know.

because of this and some of the feedback in Subsim, my SH4 settings are 1600x900 60 hz. that is why in used the 3000 yd tool 1600x.

LAA enabled
Old 07-12-17, 01:37 PM   #4974
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default CTD in Alaskan Campaign

Second patrol from Dutch Harbor, May 21, 22:03 hrs . Cruising to Attu patrol area, S42 boat, surfaced, lousy weather, get radar contact of small group going WNW, bearing 197, speed fast, then CTD.

Old 07-12-17, 01:47 PM   #4975
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Second patrol from Dutch Harbor, May 21, 22:03 hrs . Cruising to Attu patrol area, S42 boat, surfaced, lousy weather, get radar contact of small group going WNW, bearing 197, speed fast, then CTD.

i was getting those too. could not complete a mission. my issue seemed to be related to Directx9 install which i did not perform because i thought it was outdated. and. the 3000 yd tool mod which i de-installed. i am driving an s-18 out of Surabaya presently and ready to begin patrol 4.

LAA enabled
Old 07-12-17, 02:37 PM   #4976
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I am not using the 3000 yard mod and definitely have Direct9x. Suspect there's a plane in the group approaching from bearing 197 causing the CTD.
Old 07-12-17, 03:34 PM   #4977
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1105
Uploads: 10

Quote:
scurvy,

my OS is Win7-64 bit

as far as the thumbnail is concerned, it was only a screen print saved as a JPG. maybe 24k size wise. that is all there is to it.
it was meant to show you the LAA status of SH4. for some reason, subsim will not accept my copy/paste graphics of screen shots because they are too big. when i attempt to edit them using GIMP2 they save into jpg and that is what you see. if i could just perform a screen-print-copy-paste into subsim i would be overjoyed, enraptured, embalmed.

i am not understanding your nuance of resolution. my win7 monitor res is 1600x900 x 32bit color x 60 hz. if there is another setting you are interested in, let me know.

because of this and some of the feedback in Subsim, my SH4 settings are 1600x900 60 hz. that is why in used the 3000 yd tool 1600x.
Upload your screen grabs here - https://imgbb.com then in "Embed Codes" dropdown select "BBCodes full linked" copy the web address and post it with your reply within your forum post...

Thats what i always do, when posting pictures.
Old 07-12-17, 04:40 PM   #4978
propbeanie

Quote:
My "power" is using a Vista OS to open the "Reply to Thread" icon on the bottom right hand corner of this post. My Windows XP doesn't even show the Thumbnail address, I didn't look at it with my Windows 10 system.

Here's what I see with my magical powers:

*** picture after picture of interminable amount of img link... ***

Get the picture??
Wow! I don't know as I've ever seen an http link that long in my life!... I wonder why you can see it in XP, and it's basically "hidden" from prying eyes in Win7-64?... very strange... all I get is a simple, maybe 12 character long link after the http colon backslash backslash stuff... makes me wonder how long some of these other links actually are... - thank goodness for dns

Old 07-12-17, 04:56 PM   #4979
propbeanie

Quote:

Quote:
I am not using the 3000 yard mod and definitely have Direct9x. Suspect there's a plane in the group approaching from bearing 197 causing the CTD.
How long was that plane on "radar" though... I don't think we've ever had a plane cause issues. There is an NKSS Catapult ship that you might be encountering there, which is supposed to be set to Type=102... which doesn't launch airplanes... and 3 different Chitose over the course of the Aleutians traffic file that do... The invasion fleet won't come by until late May / early June... There are Russian convoys that would be on that track also, but no other Japanese or American vessels, other than those mentioned... is that the Russian Kamchatka, or maybe Paramushir in the upper left corner of your screen grab? s7rikeback, could a skin on an airplane cause a CTD? The Chitose carries FSF1M, LBSH6K, and FBA6M2N between its two squadrons... ??

Old 07-12-17, 07:55 PM   #4980
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
.........could a skin on an airplane cause a CTD? The Chitose carries FSF1M, LBSH6K, and FBA6M2N between its two squadrons... ??
If the planes are flyable in the Museum, they are going to be fine during a Campaign. None of the planes are going to change their "skin" during the course of the game....they are what they are.

Quote: