SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-08, 01:40 AM   #646
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3
Default Good news....

OK I split the Ubermod into 3 parts again. This time it's:
OLCE2
OLCE2 Optional Extras
OLC GUI Special

OLCE2 is just the "core files" of OLCE2. It doesn't include the crew uniform changes or the particle effect changes, and it doesn't remove any reflections. This should mean that it's compatible with just about everything.

OLCE2 Optional Extras contains all that stuff I just said - it removes all the reflections, adjusts the brightness of particles and crew uniforms to suit OLCE2, and probably isn't compatible with any other mod in the universe.

OLC GUI Special is the same as it was before.

I also made the documentation seperately downloadable.

So now anyone with a poor internet connection should be happier.

v2.2 is uploading now.
Old 05-17-08, 02:07 AM   #647
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

So basically if we dont mind the reflections we can keep using the 2.1.3 version right?
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 02:17 AM   #648
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuppes
So basically if we dont mind the reflections we can keep using the 2.1.3 version right?
Pretty much. There were other minor changes in 2.2 but you'd hardly notice them. Wave texture resolution was lowered, which helps the framerate a little bit (in rough weather) without any noticable difference in image quality.
Old 05-17-08, 02:43 AM   #649
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Default v2.2 uploaded to FF

Get it here.
Old 05-17-08, 08:24 AM   #650
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

OLC, I think you should upload at least ONE screenshot with and without the no-reflections-mod for comparison reasons. Takes a hell of a long time to open museum and besides we can't compare side-by-side the differences.

Just my 2 centz.
Old 05-17-08, 01:40 PM   #651
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes
Yes, i have! The lamp of the captain cabin burn-out and I can't read any of the grossadmiral specs... :p

Oki, apart from joking. I post here since any one that reads and use this mod can advice me.
My "problem" is this: the torpedos often don't hit since they pass behind the ship. Many times this is a human (mine) error, I puted bad calculations in the TDC and/or the speed of the target is wrongly calculated. But yesterday this last one was done right. It was a convoy, and I calculated the speed right, by both method's and in several ships. But my torpedos miss, pass behind the ship.
Now, I thing of two things, or my speed calculations are wrong and/or the AOB calculations are. Or since the periscope is more time above water, the ship's can see it and increse speed making my estimations all wrong. My question? In your opinion what is the second cause more likely to be it?

And, just for the record, I saw, read and follow up the tutorials. Also, by the way, the marks for the calculation of the ABO are in valor of 2, aren't they?
I believe you'd better set the scope to zero and fix the speed to a value. Then set the AoB to different values. Do this again in the other way round. (You can turn your uboat to the North if you like). Check the gyroangle in both cases. This way you will understand how things work. I believe its better than guessing what is more likely to have happened.
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 01:50 PM   #652
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis

I'm dreading the feedback on this one.

Someone be nice and say they like it after it's released. I do!

OLC
I like it Especially in harbors without all the reflections from the objects it looks much better. I always thought that seeing the reflection of the huge train bridge from several kilometers away when leaving Kiel is unrealistic.

Thanks for the mod.

Best, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 02:01 PM   #653
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

EDIT: Oops, done some reading!

Keep it up!

Last edited by Myxale; 05-17-08 at 03:05 PM.
Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 08:20 PM   #654
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46

Hello OLC. May gods bless you and fill your footprints with pure silver!

I came back to SH3 world after buying a new PC (I can see smoke and water now, yeah!). I visited Subsim for latest GWX and what I see – another good mod by you. Thank you for that.

I've got 1 question – After installing your mod I don't see my U-Boot mark nor bearing overlay on the map in career mode (this problem seems to follow me even though I changed my PC, system and set of mods used). As far as I understand this thread and documentation, that's not an intended feature. I tried with "map updates" on and off, same effect. Do you think this is related to the mod? How could I fix that?

PS. Everytime I have a smoke while playing it reminds me of your tutorial video for OLC-GUI.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 08:40 PM   #655
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit
Hello OLC. May gods bless you and fill your footprints with pure silver!

I came back to SH3 world after buying a new PC (I can see smoke and water now, yeah!). I visited Subsim for latest GWX and what I see – another good mod by you. Thank you for that.

I've got 1 question – After installing your mod I don't see my U-Boot mark nor bearing overlay on the map in career mode (this problem seems to follow me even though I changed my PC, system and set of mods used). As far as I understand this thread and documentation, that's not an intended feature. I tried with "map updates" on and off, same effect. Do you think this is related to the mod? How could I fix that?

PS. Everytime I have a smoke while playing it reminds me of your tutorial video for OLC-GUI.

Okay, what "U-boot mark" do you mean?

As for the bearing overlay, that was removed from OLC GUI (the original mod) right at the start and I never put it back in - I don't want it! A quick forum search should find you plenty of posts saying how to get it back in OLC GUI 1.2.x, but it might be trickier to get it in OLC GUI Special without breaking other intended effects, because the of the Realistic Map Update changes. Anyway, the bottom line is that the lack of a bearing overlay is entirely intentional.
Old 05-17-08, 08:46 PM   #656
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

"U-Boot mark" - the small circle on the map marking my U-Boot current position. It's gone too.

Edit: OT: Well... It's 3 AM in "England". You modders never sleep. I'd bet you were Australian few months ago - my memory is crap.
Old 05-17-08, 09:26 PM   #657
Adriatico
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1
Quote:

OLC
I like it Especially in harbors without all the reflections from the objects it looks much better. I always thought that seeing the reflection of the huge train bridge from several kilometers away when leaving Kiel is unrealistic.

Thanks for the mod.

Best, LGN1
It might be interesting to start in a muddy harbour water without reflections... once your sub reaches open Atlantic to tur it on again...

Or to create only the sub-reflection for harbour, without remote objects reflections...

Easy to say... but within SH3 engine ?

Adriatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 09:43 PM   #658
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatico
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1
Quote:

OLC

Thanks for the mod.

Best, LGN1
It might be interesting to start in a muddy harbour water without reflections... once your sub reaches open Atlantic to tur it on again...

Or to create only the sub-reflection for harbour, without remote objects reflections...

Easy to say... but within SH3 engine ?

Better for you maybe. Personally I just want all non-environment reflections gone, all the time. Trouble is, I can't find the reflection switch for the terrain! It's the only reflection I've not turned off, and I just can't find it.

AvM, the sub marker is there when you zoom out. When zoomed in, you can tell where you are because your course-line starts from where you are.
Old 05-17-08, 09:46 PM   #659
Adriatico
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119

If you find the switch, might be tweaked down a bit... :hmm:

Adriatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 10:14 PM   #660
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
AvM, the sub marker is there when you zoom out. When zoomed in, you can tell where you are because your course-line starts from where you are.
I always delete my plotted course when in action and plot it anew soon after. It's useless when hunting, and there is a nasty bug that almost killed me a few times long time ago (navigating forward manually works well even if you have your course plotted previously, but when you order "engines backwards" [or however this is called in English] the boat changes course to follow the plotted path, thus destroying your magnificent plan of anihilating enemy...).