Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 02-27-09, 02:09 AM   #1
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Default Hilfe! German second mission.

First off the AI scripting in this game sucks! Im on the second German mission where you meet up with another group of Panzer IVG's. Your main group heads into the enemy fortress town head on while the three added Panzer IV's flank the town and come in frorm the south. Great plan on paper but, the Panzer IV's dont flank and draw fire they just drive behind the hill and do donuts on the hill side. Meanwhile my group led by the panzer IV's?! and not the tigers just drives right into the massive anti tank trap and gets decimated. Oooohhh fun. Tried three differant sets of tactics to no avail.

1st. I did the flanking manouver myself and drove right into town decimating everything in sight. LOL these guys never even turned to face me and they just sat there as I cut through them like cheese. After destroying everything including buildings (Hey my driver needs fun too!)
I drove back to the start point and then back to the town. Nothings lefty alive and still no end to the mission.

2nd. Stayed with my group in formation and we all got decimated on the hill in a matter of minutes, There's just too many anti tank guns!

3rd. Went off ahead of my group and came up over the hill left of the main road into town. Blasted alot of Commies but they got me in the end.

Any advice?

Anybody know how to edit the scripts in the mission so those panzer IV's dont keep getting stuck behind the hill?

Old 02-27-09, 07:23 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Steel Fury, we assume? Not another game?
Old 02-27-09, 10:59 AM   #3
Vacillator
Frogman

Downloads: 0

TvT.

If it's the one I'm thinking of I crept up through the woods on the right flank of the village and just made it. All my kameraden were kaput however...

As for editing scripts you would be a lot better off in SF but then you wouldn't have a Tiger (yet).
Vacillator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 01:35 PM   #4
KdF
Loader

Downloads: 0

First I race like hell down the road. Get to a point where your lookin down the far right road from a little hill before the meet-up and set-up to catch the 3 scout T34's and take them out. Then I race down the road to allmost the top of the hill and dive into the forrest on the right. Sneak around to a good vantage spot, just where you can see the whole town from the turret but they are asleep at the wheel. Wait until the stoners start fighting from the left, then you start taking them out one at a time.
KdF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 12:24 PM   #5
Rolf Eschke
Lieutenant

Downloads: 60

Hi !
The second Mission as Video...

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/Gunn...l-2_videogames

I record it some Weeks ago,
Regards
Rolf