Captain Farid
Watch

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
Have they removed the "return to course" order? I can't seem to find it
Hi!!
Your game version must be 1.2,You can see it at the right upper corner of main menu.Got it?
Good hunting!!!
Captain Farid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 08:29 AM   #543
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

I'm having the Steam version, I assume it is up to date

Current version is 1.2.0. Bad or good?

Last edited by Biggles; 01-03-12 at 08:42 AM.
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 08:44 AM   #544
convoy hunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Farid View Post
Hi!!
Your game version must be 1.2,You can see it at the right upper corner of main menu.Got it?
Good hunting!!!
isn't that blue button right of the speed telegraph (ubisoft ui)?
next to the compass
convoy hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 12:29 PM   #545
homsikpanda
Torpedoman

Downloads: 4

i'm sure there's a thread for this around here somewhere, but where i'm not sure, if someone could link it to me that'd be great!

but is there a tutorial on how to edit the stock/campaign missions?

i feel i've encountered a bit of a glitch with the infamous force H
and instead of marking as "done" i'm mostly looking for a way to force the task force to spawn, or narrow down/correct it's spawn area or something just to make it a bit easier to locate.
homsikpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-12, 05:02 PM   #546
Becker102
Nub

Downloads: 3
Radio Messages and reported convoys

Just a quick question, the radio messages I receive about convoys are they real in game convoys that are spotted and can be hunted down or are they just for filler? I am using DW new TDC UI's and mighty fine crew mod german u-boat crew lang pack and stormy DBSM SH5 basemod. Any insight on this would be appriciated
Becker102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-12, 06:25 PM   #547
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becker102 View Post
Just a quick question, the radio messages I receive about convoys are they real in game convoys that are spotted and can be hunted down or are they just for filler? I am using DW new TDC UI's and mighty fine crew mod german u-boat crew lang pack and stormy DBSM SH5 basemod. Any insight on this would be appriciated
If the message shows up in red color it's valid. All other colors except for one are for immersion purposes.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 07:02 PM   #548
homsikpanda
Torpedoman

here's a question...... gameplay!? how should i/how do other people play?

most of the time i'm just staring at the map screen putting down waypoints in an area i'm searching for whatever... then switching to first person/periscope view (i usually just sit on the attack periscope) when i see a ship.....
i feel like i'm missing ALOT but i don't really know how or where?
the various crew stations, like the radar and the hydrophone don't seem to work (i can't even turn the dial of the hydrophone to redirect the angle, not sure if this is a glitch or not but i think it's a glitch? as when i remove myself from the station it rotates on it's own ) and it seems like half the crew skills are pointless... "safe communication!?" for what though? D: i never report to base or see any reason why i would need to communicate safely with them, they never give me any instructions or things like that.
crew moral? while i understand this a bit (increased moral means i can do more special skills ) but it seems like crew moral should impact more then that?
is there a "radio" station? like can i turn the dial and listen in on enemy communications or something?
search patterns? how do i do a search pattern? the way the game makes it sound it seems like i can "order a search pattern" and the ship will start doing an area search, as opose to me having to plot in a search pattern by use with a bunch of waypoints?
is there a way to activate crew skills without having to go and talk to them first? it's a bit annoying when i'm in the middle of battle and i feel like i want to over heat my torpedo i have to exit the attack periscope, walk to the torpedo room, order my torpedo man to overheat the torpedo and then walk back to the periscope to fire...
is there a different way for locating enemys? other then just wandering around aimlessly till i found something or trying to charge as quickly as possible to a blip on the map whenever my radio man reports it and hope it's still there or in the area when i get there??

so for so many questions and i must seem rather stupid having been on the forum for so long and making so many posts previously, but i wana really start ENJOYING the game rather then just playing it D:
Old 01-11-12, 07:13 PM   #549
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
here's a question...... gameplay!? how should i/how do other people play?

most of the time i'm just staring at the map screen putting down waypoints in an area i'm searching for whatever... then switching to first person/periscope view (i usually just sit on the attack periscope) when i see a ship.....
i feel like i'm missing ALOT but i don't really know how or where?
the various crew stations, like the radar and the hydrophone don't seem to work (i can't even turn the dial of the hydrophone to redirect the angle, not sure if this is a glitch or not but i think it's a glitch? as when i remove myself from the station it rotates on it's own ) and it seems like half the crew skills are pointless... "safe communication!?" for what though? D: i never report to base or see any reason why i would need to communicate safely with them, they never give me any instructions or things like that.
crew moral? while i understand this a bit (increased moral means i can do more special skills ) but it seems like crew moral should impact more then that?
is there a "radio" station? like can i turn the dial and listen in on enemy communications or something?
search patterns? how do i do a search pattern? the way the game makes it sound it seems like i can "order a search pattern" and the ship will start doing an area search, as opose to me having to plot in a search pattern by use with a bunch of waypoints?
is there a way to activate crew skills without having to go and talk to them first? it's a bit annoying when i'm in the middle of battle and i feel like i want to over heat my torpedo i have to exit the attack periscope, walk to the torpedo room, order my torpedo man to overheat the torpedo and then walk back to the periscope to fire...
is there a different way for locating enemys? other then just wandering around aimlessly till i found something or trying to charge as quickly as possible to a blip on the map whenever my radio man reports it and hope it's still there or in the area when i get there??

so for so many questions and i must seem rather stupid having been on the forum for so long and making so many posts previously, but i wana really start ENJOYING the game rather then just playing it D:
If you're using a UI mod then things are easier. You can bring up the gramophone or radio and listen to them.

At the hydrophone station use mousewheel to rotate bearing line (same goes for radar station). If you haven't patched your exe with my hydrophone fix then you have to be REALLY precise to get the hydrophone box to recognize a contact.

Sending contact reports increases your chances of a wolfpack responding and assisting (or even the german planes to come and assist)

Search patterns don't exist in stock game. If you use my UIs mod Automation is your friend here. Trevally has wrote some excellent scripts for search patterns, harbor pilots, evasion, etc. for Automation. Other people have written scripts for it also.

In my UIs mod you can right click on the officer in the officer menu to bring up his skills.

For locating contacts once again Automation is your friend and so are Trevally's scripts.
Old 01-13-12, 09:02 PM   #550
homsikpanda
Torpedoman

how is automation great for contact location? D:
i prefer to locate contacts myself but it'd be nice if i didn't have to visually see them.
those radio radio reports are nice/add depth, but they're usually extremely far away and by the time i get there, not very helpful

i also try diving to scope depth every so often to try and pick up contacts via hydrophone but no success
it seems like there just isn't any thing out there except aircraft..lots and lots of aircraft.... (luckily they don't attack me ) D:
there must be something i'm doing wrong?
i usually do a back and forth pattern, or a reverse spiral in target areas but nothing =/
Old 01-14-12, 02:43 AM   #551
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
how is automation great for contact location? D:
i prefer to locate contacts myself but it'd be nice if i didn't have to visually see them.
those radio radio reports are nice/add depth, but they're usually extremely far away and by the time i get there, not very helpful

i also try diving to scope depth every so often to try and pick up contacts via hydrophone but no success
You need to look into Trevally's scripts
Old 02-08-12, 09:32 AM   #552
Captain Farid
Watch

Downloads: 19
Default Triumph Of The Wolfpack

Hello again!!!
I have a problem in Campaign: (Triumph Of The Wolf pack). My Mission is: (Sink 150,000 tones of allied supplies from HX/HXF convoys using wolfpacks.)
I don't know what kind of ships should i sink.
Can somebody help me?
Thanks a lot!!!
Captain Farid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-12, 04:11 PM   #553
Matador.es
Chief

Downloads: 30

Hi there, its been a long time since i have Played any SH. Tonight i reinstalled SH5 and wanted to give it a try.... crap, the mods take time.

Anyway, i will start playing it from my laptop this time and had like to play it when i am not online. I remember there was an option to start a new campaign localy. I tried, but could not find the option in the game, nor the topic.

Do you know how it has to be done? pls help me out.

Btw, on of the reasons i have been out for a while is that i found a new hobby, FPV RC check http://team-blacksheep.com/videos

Cheers,

Arthur
Matador.es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-12, 04:54 PM   #554
Tempest
Swabbie

Downloads: 21
Happy Times

Hey guys! I am working on the Happy Times mission and know that when a convoy is spotted and shown on the map that I have to calculate my speed/time in reference to the convoy so I can intercept it. I just can't remember the basic formula to do so. Could someone please help me out?
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-12, 09:55 PM   #555
blkdimnd
Planesman

Downloads: 492

Watch, learn, and practice and practice and practice and practice....

stoianm How to intercept an convoy received by radio from BDU in SH5 with Real navigation

Also in a text form with pictures, I turned this post into a PDF.

Tactics to Intercept a Convoy

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

AB1TA
blkdimnd is offline   Reply With Quote