SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-11, 12:55 PM   #31
Gryffon300
Engineer

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0
Default Mods List

This is noobie stuff again. Sorry.

I've spent a couple of hours trying to understand what the mods do that come preloaded with the current JSGME. Only one or two have descriptions associated, and for those of us that are on steep learning curves, it would really help to understand what 'Integrated Orders', 'Merged Campaign' etc means, and what the implications are for game play. Perhaps a short paragraph in the User's Guide?

(The search tool doesn't help. I finally found 'Integrated Orders' in a post on a mod thread, but the description really left me none the wiser.) Having spent hours messing around with the update, turning things on and off, I now see a post above where our Guru advises NOT to turn mods on or off mid-patrol. Oops! I don't know if I can remember my previous settings (6 mods, I think), and especially their order (important?), so I fear my brilliant current patrol/career will crash when I relaunch... Ahggg! Serves me right for being too curious.

If it really is critical that mods are not added/deleted mid patrol (and, thinking about it, it does make sense that it may create a conflict of some kind), perhaps a warning on the interface itself, and a note in the User Guide in the 'Activating' and 'Disabling mods' sections?
Gryffon300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 01:01 PM   #32
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffon300 View Post
it would really help to understand what 'Integrated Orders', 'Merged Campaign' etc means, and what the implications are for game play. Perhaps a short paragraph in the User's Guide?
These mods installed with GWX3, the info about them (in some cases several pages' worth of it) is all in the GWX3 User Guide, which also came with your GWX3 installation. Check your GWX game folder, probably in the documentation folder, it should be there.

If you are running GWX, the first and sometimes best place to look for a quick answer to basic questions is the manual. Trust me, it's not like the stock game manual... it actually has information in it!
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 01:10 PM   #33
Gryffon300
Engineer

Thanks. DOH! (I need another smiley with a suitable forehead slap!)

Yes, of course, I had tunnel vision as I was focused on the JSGME - clearly they are the GWX mods. I'll look up the manual (there it sits on my desktop, all 644 pages of it, right under the SH3 CMdr icon!)

Still concerned about changing mods mid-patrol, though, can hardly wait to see what has happened!
Old 01-17-11, 02:15 PM   #34
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 02:24 PM   #35
Gryffon300
Engineer

I know, I know - no rum for a week. Suitably chastised, Jimbuna. I do LOVE the effort put into manuals - no one bothers to do so with new games, so this one is an amazing treat.
So goes to show what happens when my crew management goes to hell - the brain box stops functioning - couldn't for the life of me seperate a JSGME 'issue' from a GWX 'issue'.
Must stoke up the fire & get some rack time and clear the vents. I love hot-swapping in cold climates (its currently -23C here).
Old 01-18-11, 12:11 PM   #36
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

LOL

Old 09-04-11, 09:35 PM   #37
johnlax
Navy Dude

Downloads: 21
Default SH IV

I currently am using ver 2.20.120 for 41 mods for SH III ( love it )
I just ordered SH IV and would like to add mods to it Question can I leave my JSGME program for SH III alone and install ver 2.6 in my new game folder? Also if I install 2.6 directly over my 2.2 ver do I simply move my active mods over to my list of SH III mods that are currently inactive? I do not want to screw up my nicly running SH III rig Any suggestions?
johnlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 10:42 PM   #38
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlax View Post
Question can I leave my JSGME program for SH III alone and install ver 2.6 in my new game folder?
Absolutely...

I run multiple installs in different folders, (and different games for that matter), and have never experienced any issues as a result.

Quote:
Also if I install 2.6 directly over my 2.2 ver do I simply move my active mods over to my list of SH III mods that are currently inactive?
Again, shouldn't be a problem but you should disable all active mods and backup your '.ini' and snapshot files before proceeding.

Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 06:36 AM   #39
doulos05
Planesman

Downloads: 19

I'd like to download JSGME 2.6, but none of the links seem to work.

The documentation link isn't working, the link at the top of this thread isn't working, and the link in JScones signature doesn't work.
Me:
doulos05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 07:16 AM   #40
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos05 View Post
I'd like to download JSGME 2.6, but none of the links seem to work.

The documentation link isn't working, the link at the top of this thread isn't working, and the link in JScones signature doesn't work.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20963192/jsgme_setup_exe

Old 05-22-12, 07:43 PM   #41
sithlordmaligant
Mate

Downloads: 1033
Default i need help someone help me

hello i just lost everything on my computer and i just downloaded sh4 and the generic mod enabler to add mods however it is not working can someone please help me in the proper installation of it to ensure it work correctly i am trying to download the typhoon mod and it will not work please can someone help

DO UNTO OTHERS THEN RUN VERY FAST
sithlordmaligant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 10:04 PM   #42
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Doulos05, you only have to copy the JSGME into you Main SilentHunterIII folder in Program Files on your C Drive... or the drive you installed SH3 on. Make a shortcut and drag it to your desktop. Then create a folder in the same Main SH3 folder and name is Mods. I say copy as it'll save downloading them all again.

For any mods you want to use I suggest you download them to a SH3 Mod folder.... JSGME too Then Copy/Paste them into the Mods folder you made. Then click on the JSGME shortcut to open it and install the mods. Highlight a mod and click the arrows facing the right to install it in SH3.

Seems hard to do but it's actually very easy. Just play with it and you'll do ok.

Good luck and enjoy.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 02:11 PM   #43
doctarr
Swabbie

Downloads: 125

Thanks for the link jimbuna
doctarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 03:11 PM   #44
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctarr View Post
Thanks for the link jimbuna
Your welcome

Old 07-28-12, 09:15 AM   #45
Sittingwolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Has anybody got a fresh link for JSGME please?
Cheers for that.

Last edited by Sittingwolf; 08-10-12 at 07:56 AM.