SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-15-17, 05:41 PM   #1
Rammstein0991
Engineer

Downloads: 164
Uploads: 0
SHO Mods Glitch?

Hey guys, long time no see (lel >.>.)

Listen, I wasn't QUITE sure where to put this but here goes. I am someone who only uses ship mods at the mo' (I know some people prefer TMO, or RSRD, or FoTRS, etc) but I generally work with the vanilla for the most part, but I have (just today in fact) discovered a worrying problem. NONE of the mods I have downloaded are working, they all either cause this odd popup that says the game cant find "Mission orders" or some such, and if I load a save game with that mod no new patrol can be launched, if I try a brand new career? CTD .

I don't even begin to know wth the problem is, I haven't used any new mods, my game hasn't (to my knowledge) updated to a new version afaik NOTHING has changed, it's enough to make you contemplate murder my fellow skippers.....murder

P.S. I am at least at version 1.4 as I have UBM-AO

If anyone knows anything, toss a line thanks.

Last edited by Rammstein0991; 08-15-17 at 05:59 PM.
Rammstein0991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-17, 06:17 PM   #2
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

sounds like you downloaded some 1.5 stuff I run 1.4 too,, I have been lured to the nice shiney ships too,, just only to find they are 1.5 ,, what ships are you driving,, and if you could tell us what downloads they were maybe some one else will chime in and give you some straight scoop in what the problem is.
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-17, 06:27 PM   #3
Rammstein0991
Engineer

SHO

CA Mogami by bismarck1011
KMS Bismarck by bismarck1011
KMS Scharnhorst by bismarck1011
KMS Gneisenauby bismarck1011
SMS Emden by Jhapprich.
SMS Helgoland by Jhapprich.
SMS Konig by Jhapprich.
SMS Sachsen by Jhapprich.
SMS Vaterland by Jhapprich.
USS Tuscaloosa beta 1.0 by by Jhapprich.
Yamato by bismarck1011.
Fletcher by qq564454065

-ALL SMS ships are from Imperial German Ships mod by Jhapprich.

Hope that helps
Old 08-15-17, 07:18 PM   #4
yubba
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein0991 View Post
CA Mogami by bismarck1011
KMS Bismarck by bismarck1011
KMS Scharnhorst by bismarck1011
KMS Gneisenauby bismarck1011
SMS Emden by Jhapprich.
SMS Helgoland by Jhapprich.
SMS Konig by Jhapprich.
SMS Sachsen by Jhapprich.
SMS Vaterland by Jhapprich.
USS Tuscaloosa beta 1.0 by by Jhapprich.
Yamato by bismarck1011.
Fletcher by qq564454065

-ALL SMS ships are from Imperial German Ships mod by Jhapprich.

Hope that helps
I know this one is a 1.5 and you'll never get it to work in 1.4,, USS Tuscaloosa beta,, you'll have to look at the downloads,, they will say either 1.4 or 1.5
Old 08-15-17, 07:21 PM   #5
Rammstein0991
Engineer

SHO

I think I got the versions mixed up, can't recall if UBM-AO is .4 or .5 because I have that installed.
Old 08-15-17, 08:29 PM   #6
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77

U-Boat Missions add on is version 1.5.
Do you have JSGME? It works great to add the mods. Basically, it does all the work for you. If you don't have it, you can get it here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4725
Old 08-17-17, 03:06 PM   #7
Rammstein0991
Engineer

SHO

Apologize for the delay but yes I run ALL my mods through JSGME
Old 08-20-17, 12:07 PM   #8
Rammstein0991
Engineer

SHO

Anyone have an idea?
Old 08-21-17, 06:59 AM   #9
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

In JSGME there is an ability to check your stock game files (provided you took a "Snapshot" of your clean game files before adding your first modification) by Comparing that previously taken "Snapshot" with the files you have now.

If all is well with your stock game, the "Comparison" will state so by all files reporting "Same" after the comparison is done. If not, you either understand that some things could be "New", like a taken in-game picture you have in the "main" game folder, or it could be a "New" modded file that's a leftover from a previous mod install that's messing up the works.

Some files may be reported to be "Differant"....this is never good. Some files may be reported as "Removed"......this isn't good either for obvious reasons.

The feature is found in the "Tasks...." menu in the center of JSGME's main page. However, if you didn't take that clean, unmodded image of your complete game files before adding your first modification......you shouldn't think to take a "Snapshot" now.......too late, the cows out of the barn, why shut the gate now?!?

Remove the game completely from installation (follow the post's that tell you how), delete the Documents/SH4 folder, reinstall, then take the "Snapshot" after adding JSGME to your game.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 04:58 PM   #10
Rammstein0991
Engineer

SHO

I've done some more investigating and from what little I personally know of modding it seems like a mod corrupted, as when I add certain ships in I now get a error stating something of the effect that it cannot find periscope files, but if I go to steam and ask it to verify cache it finds "missing" files which it re-acquires and then the game runs fine until I try those mods again, so do you think trying to purge these mods (and the career/s that USE them) then reinstalling said mods from (hopefully) clean D/L's from subsim might help?
Old 08-24-17, 05:50 PM   #11
yubba
Admiral

I've down loaded a bunch of surface units for 1.4,,, from here in the last month with no problems,, maybe you should do the same
Old 08-24-17, 07:38 PM   #12
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein0991 View Post
... but if I go to steam and ask it to verify cache it finds "missing" files which it re-acquires and then the game runs fine until I try those mods again...
Therein lies the rub with the Steam version. When you "verify" with Steam, it overwrites your mod files in the game. Your mods might be fully enabled if you are in the C:\ Program Files (x86) \ Steam folder, since Windows does what Steam does there, but without asking. We've been having discussions about Steam in various places around this site, and the thing to do is to "manage" your Steam "Library" by using your desktop and online Steam log-ins. De-activate your mods and un-install Silent Hunter 4. Then follow what THEBERBSTER has in Post #3 of his SH4 <> TUTORIALS <> HOW TO DO IT <> INFO <> DOWNLOAD LINKS -STICKY INDEX, specifically where dodougla comments. For a picture and further comment, see page 324 of the FotRSU thread post #4850, which has this picture:

After you get the Steam game all installed once more, do a couple of "verifies" before you go installing any mods. Make certain you've got all the Stock files. Then bring in JSGME, and take a "Snapshot", which will take a bit to run. It's in the "Tasks" menu in the middle bar of the app. Bring in the LAA applet, being guided by CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install. That has a LOT of info for a Windows 10 user, which if you're not one, it's not so important, but the LAA part most certainly is.

After you get all of that in, you could use 7zip and make an archive of the Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific folder inside of the Steam Common folder, so that you have a "pristine" (as Rockin Robbins likes to call it) copy of your install, and you won't have to go back through the whole Steam thing. Now try to do some mods. Just don't "Verify" the Steam game while you have a mod enabled...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ctd, glitch, mods, sh4, ships