SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-27-14, 07:35 PM   #1
joerockhed
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Edits have no effect-U boats

I have the steam version of the SH4 game with the U boat add on.
In the folder C/prog files x86/steam/steamapps/common/silent hunter wolves of the pacific/data/submarine/NSS_Uboat9D2
I have edited the thing to have a little speed boost over and under the water.
And it seems to have no effect.
I know i MUST be forgetting something,.. a few years ago, i edited some of the boats in regular SH4,.. to a RIDICULOUS degree ha ha!!! like 90 MPH on the surface and submerged.
SO the question is,.. how do i edit these and have them actually work in the game?
Wouldnt mind giving a little boost to the torpedo strength too. can anyone remind me of how to do this?
Thanks.
P.S. I know i know im a wuss! But i need a little help in the game,.. im OLD!
joerockhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-14, 07:56 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

joerockhed!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-14, 08:17 PM   #3
joerockhed
Swabbie

Thanks for the welcome man! Its good to be here. Ive been a member for a little while now,. and this has always been the "go to" site for anything about sub sims.
Old 12-27-14, 11:38 PM   #4
joerockhed
Swabbie

Any who,............. i have this data file cheat from years ago.. where the Baleo sub can do like 45 on the surface and 39 submerged?.. and its always 1 hit 1 kill with the torps,.. Thats just OVER KILL! I would however like to tweak the files to my personal liking.
I mean i like a decent challenge,.. but i only want a few mph boost and a little bit of extra torpedo hit,. 2 or 3 tubes rather than 1 hit 1 kill kinda thing.
I dont want some watered down version you came up with,.. i simply want to be able to EDIT it to my personal liking? Can anyone help with that?
Old 12-28-14, 06:32 AM   #5
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome Aboard Joe

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-14, 07:16 PM   #6
joerockhed
Swabbie

Default Been like a week....

So im guess that no one knows how to do this? Come on! Even I figured it out like 5 years ago,.. ive just forgotten how.
Maybe I should come to work for you guys to give you some lessons or something lol
Old 12-31-14, 07:20 PM   #7
joerockhed
Swabbie

Default When i figure it out (again)

When i remember how to do it,.. ill post it here for everyone, since no one here, seems to have the know how. I was under the impression that you were the "go to" guys for this kinda thing,. Maybe i was mistaken
Old 12-31-14, 08:33 PM   #8
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

I don't have 1.5 therefore no gots das boot, but basically;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//dow...o=file&id=4489

If you don't already have Silent 3ditor you'll need that.

In stock SH4 for the Yankee Doodle boats \Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Submarine\NSS_Sargo (for example, replace Sargo with the type of boat or boot you want to change) the file is NSS_Sargo.sim under unit_submarine then unit_ship. Propulsion has max speed on the surface, E_propulsion has max speed submerged. At least in 1.4, again I don't have 1.5 so that could be different.

NSS_Sargo.cfg also has max speed and max speed submerged, but changing the values in that file has no effect in the game since the game takes the data from the SIM file. The values for periscope depth and snorkel depth ARE taken from the CFG file, but max depth is listed as "Crash depth" in the ZON file. Got to remember that SH4 was cobbled together with leftover pieces parts and scrap metal from SH3, so some parts of some files are used and other parts are not. The surfaced range in the SIM file is pretty straightforward, but the submerged range values are so hopelessly screwed up that nobody has ever figured out how to fix them.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-15, 12:10 AM   #9
joerockhed
Swabbie

Default Thanks!

This is awesome! It seems pretty easy to use too.
Im gonna have so much fun with this,.. ill make subs that just go crazy,. you hit flank speed ahead,. and the boat will lurch into reverse ha ha
I wanna make the torpedos just go off in random directions lol
and go in circles oh the entertainment is going to be endless
Thanks for this dude
Old 01-02-15, 11:43 PM   #10
joerockhed
Swabbie

Default My comedy dream sub?

Would be based on the Baleo,. But it would be a SUBMARINE SANDWICH! The NSS Sub Sammich! It would look just like food! With Meat and lettuce and cheese sticking out around the edges,.. and the conning tower would be a stack of pickle slices held on by a fancy toothpick! and the deck guns would be lunchmeat roll ups,.. with a toothpick sticking them on.
I think something like that would take a major undertaking,. but would be worth it!
When you fire a tube. the torp would come out between the pieces of bread lol!!! Both Front and from the back!
The subs special ability would be like no sonar pings,.. because a big wad of bread would not reflect any sonar HA HA HA HA