Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 11-28-09, 07:03 PM   #91
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by morttheslayer View Post
Zeewolf - I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me - yes I really appreciated your shot of the "carnage" indeed I had to have a shot of whisky I was so overcome !!
I'm monitoring progress with admiration - ready and willing to part with some cash for your marvellous efforts. I would be interested to hear how you intend to distribute the upgrade and what form (content) you would include. ATB Mort
Driving a guy to drinking is I think a first for me but
what a compliment Mort, thanks.
The first step that would enable me to handle the sum of the
potential problems on a customer support bases will be a release of the changes made to the existing stock sim components. which will include the reloading and repair vehicles and the very important AI tanks with a new damage model that is a vital part of the new single player missions approach that's been developed.
Also the medium expanded size map that has an 18Km (11.18 miles) height and width, will give everyone a chance to get the feel of large battlefield. And a way to get feed back and allow more of a taste of the large 22.3 mile high 22.3 mile wide map. And too the multi-player modders a chance to keep up with the new addon that will follow.
I think that will be an important step for the multi guys too to get on board. Because I have not done a thing in the area of "multi player" but don't want to ignore all their hard work and dedication to TvT. But I definitely do not what support questions on something I know nothing about. However, with the openness of this game engine eventually working on that area of the sim is not out of the question in the future but for now it must be.

ATB to you too Mort,
ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-09, 07:14 PM   #92
Ed
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Good News

This is obvously good news.

I was involved in reserch and scenario development for Panzer Elite OstPak years ago. Its still on this PC.

I've got TvT and ST but not loaded at the moment as is battlefront's 2 TW. I still play CM and, of course, SH4 with the great German Type IX long range boats.

All the best to you and best of luck !!
Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-09, 09:58 PM   #93
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
This is obvously good news.

I was involved in reserch and scenario development for Panzer Elite OstPak years ago. Its still on this PC.

I've got TvT and ST but not loaded at the moment as is battlefront's 2 TW. I still play CM and, of course, SH4 with the great German Type IX long range boats.

All the best to you and best of luck !!
Thanks Ed, I think you'll like this addition for sure.

ATB
ZeeWolf

Sturmgeschutz III F/8 7.5cm L48

Old 11-30-09, 03:21 AM   #94
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Downloads: 24

Stug!
Freiwillige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 02:54 PM   #95
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Default On the Line against the Red Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiwillige View Post
Stug!

"Alarm" Sixty T34-85s on the attack.

A thin line of SturmUnits are the focus of the Attack.
A call for Tigers goes out.

All Available Units respond to the SturmLine's call for help.

As Tigers arrive in the nick of time, against impossible
odds SturmUnits Move Forward.

From the fog the forward elements start to appear, Tigers open Fire

SturmUnit's tactic cause the T34s to take aim by stopping the hi speed attack

Against Such Odds The Inevitable loss of courageous, faithful comrades is heart felt

SturmUnit 123 Disengages, damaged wounded unable to fire, makes last effort to retreat to the Tiger Line.

Engine compartment fire miraculously dies down,

SturmUnit 123 Reaches TigerLine

The Pak43/41 continues hitting hard on the Red Army Steamroller.

to be continued.....

ZeeWolf

Old 11-30-09, 03:49 PM   #96
NSU
Watch

Downloads: 0

wauuu ZeeWolf very good make!!!!!!!!
NSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 03:51 PM   #97
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Ahhh, Its so beautiful!
Old 11-30-09, 03:56 PM   #98
Freiwillige
The Old Man

I have a soft spot in my heart for Stug's. They were actually quite effective little buggers against the T-34's.

I even read a story about a breakthrough of 6 t-34's and only 2 Panzer III's available! One broke down and the other ambushed and knocked out the lead t-34 by shooting thru its barrel then just hammering away at it until they found it abandoned the next morning with all other T-34's fleeing the scene.

Such is the Fog of war that if the Russians knew what was hitting them they would have rolled right on through.
Old 11-30-09, 04:46 PM   #99
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

Zee...that looks...

O_O EPIC!

EDIT: Forgot to add, I was always a crack shot with distance and tank cannons. Can't wait to test my chops on this. You had a customer in me from the second I read Kursk
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 06:00 PM   #100
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSU View Post
wauuu ZeeWolf very good make!!!!!!!!
Thank you NSU!

ZeeWolf

Old 11-30-09, 06:15 PM   #101
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
I have a soft spot in my heart for Stug's. They were actually quite effective little buggers against the T-34's.

I even read a story about a breakthrough of 6 t-34's and only 2 Panzer III's available! One broke down and the other ambushed and knocked out the lead t-34 by shooting thru its barrel then just hammering away at it until they found it abandoned the next morning with all other T-34's fleeing the scene.

Such is the Fog of war that if the Russians knew what was hitting them they would have rolled right on through.
Yes, the little Sturmgeschutz IIIs were marvelous in battle
and often used in fierce rear guard action as the Germans
were in retreat. It was in the Sturmgeschutz where Michael
Wittmann learned things that often gave him and his crew
the edge once they were transferred to Tigers. Any serious
student of WWII can't ignore them.

ATB
ZeeWolf

Old 11-30-09, 06:31 PM   #102
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
Zee...that looks...

O_O EPIC!

EDIT: Forgot to add, I was always a crack shot with distance and tank cannons. Can't wait to test my chops on this. You had a customer in me from the second I read Kursk
Thanks Sledgehammer427 that's fantastic. You'll be able to make some
real long range shoots that most certainly were true to life.
When you consider there was only about 1360 Tiger Es mfg.,
compare that to the number of T34s Mfg. (more then 50000)
is testimony to the fact in the hands of a capable crew they were awesome.

Forwards Kameraden, to Kursk!
Zee

Old 11-30-09, 06:45 PM   #103
Freiwillige
The Old Man

The book I was referring to is called Panzer aces of WWII and it is a great read.

It cover six of the most famous Panzer aces and its stories are breathtaking.

Many of the stories are late war super heroic efforts that show how far great training and a great tank can go to stem tremendous odds.

One story comes to mind of a Pantherjeager crew with no support and little ammo that stems a charge from 30+ T-34's! Using hay stacks for cover and switching positions they knocked out on after another throwing the Russian advance into chaos.

Another story that I remember is of a group of Panthers that have their position over run during the night. They awake to find out they are now 8 kilometers behind soviet lines. So they charge into this town that is on the Russian side of the lines and get battered at point blank by anti tank guns and just kept going through the Russian lines with everything the surprised Russians had being thrown at them as drove through or over Russian defenses to drive across a bridge to safety!

Great read.
Old 11-30-09, 06:51 PM   #104
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Nashorn in Action !

The most notable Nashorn ace was platoon commander of 1st company of sPzJagAbt 519, Junior Lieutenant Albert Ernst. He later commanded the 1st company of sPzJagAbt 512 (equipped with Jagdtigers). On December 23rd of 1943, he destroyed some 14 Soviet tanks in a single day using only 21 round of ammunition. The engagement took place near Vitebsk and Albert Ernst received a nickname "Tiger of Vitebsk". In December of 1943, Ernst destroyed total of 19 enemy tanks and on January 22nd of 1944, he was awarded the Knight’s Cross.
It is reported that in early March of 1945, Lieutenant Beckmann from sPzJagAbt 88 destroyed Soviet IS-2 at the range of 4600 meters near Marzdorf.
Some Nashorn crews reported that they were able to knock out Soviet T-34 tanks at distance as great as 4000 meters. Nashorn crews also reported numerous kills of KV and IS-2 tanks as well as SU-152, ISU-122 and ISU-152 assault guns.
Nashorn from 2nd Company of schwere Heeres Panzer Jaeger Abteilung 93 was also responsible for the destruction of the only M26 Pershing, destroyed in Europe. Pershing from the 3rd Armored Division was knocked out at the distance of 250 meters with a single shot. This engagement took place in the town of Niehl, north of Cologne on March 6th of 1945.

Nashorn Interior
Nashorn - Interior with 88mm Pak 43/1 L/71 gun.
Specifications

Weight: 24000kg Crew: 4-5 men Engine: Maybach HL 120 TRM / 12-cylinder / 300hp Speed: Road: 42km/h
Cross-Country: 20-24km/h Range: Road: 260km
Cross-Country: 130km Fuel Capacity: 470 litres Lenght: 8.44m (with the gun) Width: 2.86m Height: 2.65m Armament: 88mm Pak 43/1 L/71 & 1 x 7.92mm MG34/42
(1 x MG - carried inside) Ammo: 88mm - 24-40 rounds
7.92mm - 600 rounds Armor (mm/angle): Front Hull: 30/20
Front Superstructure: 10/37
Side Hull: 20/0
Side Superstructure: 10/16
Rear Hull: 20/10
Rear Superstructure: 10/10
Hull Top / Bottom: 15/90
Gun Shield: 10/37
Penetration of Armor Plate at 30 degrees from Vertical. Ammunition: 100m 500m 1000m 1500m 2000m Panzergranate 39 203mm 185mm 165mm 148mm 132mm Panzergranate 40/43 237mm 217mm 193mm 171mm 153mm Pzgr.39 (APCBC) - Armor Piercing Composite Ballistic Cap Pzgr.40/43 (APCR) - Armor Piercing Composite Rigid (Tungsten Core)
Old 11-30-09, 07:23 PM   #105
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Nashorn in Action !

The most notable Nashorn ace was platoon commander of 1st company of sPzJagAbt 519, Junior Lieutenant Albert Ernst. He later commanded the 1st company of sPzJagAbt 512 (equipped with Jagdtigers). On December 23rd of 1943, he destroyed some 14 Soviet tanks in a single day using only 21 round of ammunition. The engagement took place near Vitebsk and Albert Ernst received a nickname "Tiger of Vitebsk". In December of 1943, Ernst destroyed total of 19 enemy tanks and on January 22nd of 1944, he was awarded the Knight’s Cross.
It is reported that in early March of 1945, Lieutenant Beckmann from sPzJagAbt 88 destroyed Soviet IS-2 at the range of 4600 meters near Marzdorf.
Some Nashorn crews reported that they were able to knock out Soviet T-34 tanks at distance as great as 4000 meters. Nashorn crews also reported numerous kills of KV and IS-2 tanks as well as SU-152, ISU-122 and ISU-152 assault guns.
Nashorn from 2nd Company of schwere Heeres Panzer Jaeger Abteilung 93 was also responsible for the destruction of the only M26 Pershing, destroyed in Europe. Pershing from the 3rd Armored Division was knocked out at the distance of 250 meters with a single shot. This engagement took place in the town of Niehl, north of Cologne on March 6th of 1945.

Nashorn Interior
Nashorn - Interior with 88mm Pak 43/1 L/71 gun.
Specifications

Weight: 24000kg Crew: 4-5 men Engine: Maybach HL 120 TRM / 12-cylinder / 300hp Speed: Road: 42km/h
Cross-Country: 20-24km/h Range: Road: 260km
Cross-Country: 130km Fuel Capacity: 470 litres Lenght: 8.44m (with the gun) Width: 2.86m Height: 2.65m Armament: 88mm Pak 43/1 L/71 & 1 x 7.92mm MG34/42
(1 x MG - carried inside) Ammo: 88mm - 24-40 rounds
7.92mm - 600 rounds Armor (mm/angle): Front Hull: 30/20
Front Superstructure: 10/37
Side Hull: 20/0
Side Superstructure: 10/16
Rear Hull: 20/10
Rear Superstructure: 10/10
Hull Top / Bottom: 15/90
Gun Shield: 10/37
Penetration of Armor Plate at 30 degrees from Vertical. Ammunition: 100m 500m 1000m 1500m 2000m Panzergranate 39 203mm 185mm 165mm 148mm 132mm Panzergranate 40/43 237mm 217mm 193mm 171mm 153mm Pzgr.39 (APCBC) - Armor Piercing Composite Ballistic Cap Pzgr.40/43 (APCR) - Armor Piercing Composite Rigid (Tungsten Core)
I am in awe at those kinds accounts. And I hope to replicate them in the
honor they deserve and all can learn from. Oh, and I got a 35th scale
model of the Nashhorn -- it's going on the list without question

ZeeWolf