SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-02-17, 02:53 PM   #271
chipsranger
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 759
Uploads: 0
Icon9 I'm going back to SH5

I also want to thank for the beautiful work, did not give it to me either. On my pc with all mod installation tips I keep getting ctd ...
I did not want to go back to the SH5
chipsranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-17, 02:53 PM   #272
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

im running the frankesntain from nygm+wac. and until now with 2 patrol, I have only 1 ctd runnning at 512 tc, very posible for airplanes becose the game have litle frezze when they come into zone.

The only thing changed from nygm was submarine models, sensors used by nygm units, random layer for atlantic campaing( but i tested with wac random and it doesnt crash), configuration files. Of course little changes id some ship (M36B, some land, and erase M11b becose i cant fix them for some reason). Im using a very heavy conbination fo mods vondos and mfm (selection around 50) and it does not crush the ram limit.

I havent tested on going masive convoy in atlantic.

WAC and NYGM are very close indded much than WGX, only 50 lines in campaing files have to be changes to use wac land.

On the other hand please, recheck the docked units in ports. I have seen ships exploting in denmark ports, St nazarre, and a madmax tawler ship in fleshburg crashing with the dock as a kamikaze.

my pc- amd FX X6 6300 + nvidea 550 ti evga (double buffer version) + 8 gb ddr3 1800 + monitor HD+ dell 23" (runing on manos 3.4 gui) + HD WD 5600 blue 500gb X3 (os, paging file, data incluiding game files)
Old 11-02-17, 05:01 PM   #273
chipsranger
Machinist's Mate

Default List Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquelarrefox View Post
im running the frankesntain from nygm+wac. and until now with 2 patrol, I have only 1 ctd runnning at 512 tc, very posible for airplanes becose the game have litle frezze when they come into zone.

The only thing changed from nygm was submarine models, sensors used by nygm units, random layer for atlantic campaing( but i tested with wac random and it doesnt crash), configuration files. Of course little changes id some ship (M36B, some land, and erase M11b becose i cant fix them for some reason). Im using a very heavy conbination fo mods vondos and mfm (selection around 50) and it does not crush the ram limit.

I havent tested on going masive convoy in atlantic.

WAC and NYGM are very close indded much than WGX, only 50 lines in campaing files have to be changes to use wac land.

On the other hand please, recheck the docked units in ports. I have seen ships exploting in denmark ports, St nazarre, and a madmax tawler ship in fleshburg crashing with the dock as a kamikaze.

my pc- amd FX X6 6300 + nvidea 550 ti evga (double buffer version) + 8 gb ddr3 1800 + monitor HD+ dell 23" (runing on manos 3.4 gui) + HD WD 5600 blue 500gb X3 (os, paging file, data incluiding game files)
What's your list?
Old 11-02-17, 05:55 PM   #274
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Hi guys!

Right now I am testing a possible fix for the CTDs... I will report if I am successfull
Old 11-02-17, 06:03 PM   #275
1mPHUNit0
Chief

Downloads: 60

Keep up the good work, my friend, this mod it's realy great by the way.....so your work its very appreciated, since many little mods there are nomore and you save till now so much time to us to search, install, configure all
Thanks again
Old 11-02-17, 06:55 PM   #276
chipsranger
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo78 View Post
Hi guys!

Right now I am testing a possible fix for the CTDs... I will report if I am successfull
Old 11-02-17, 10:22 PM   #277
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsranger View Post
What's your list?
I installed much first, wac5.0 folder ( both have been deleted to no repeat files and no update files that nygm needs), then h.sie add-on, Steinble add-on (nygm submarine support this), extra files for h.sie from steibler, then I add more ship packs, gui and then camping files.

I also have a normal way installation with h.sie only with wac5.0, adon h.she, camping file Atlantic, gui, ambient light
Old 11-03-17, 04:15 AM   #278
1mPHUNit0
Chief

Downloads: 60

Can you upload your mods somewere?
If they works well and you are happy, maybe you make happy others too
Old 11-03-17, 06:10 AM   #279
Aquelarrefox
Commander

I don't believe hansolo and steibler should like that.
I make this mix become I was looking for best of 2 mods, I don't think to upload it.
On the other side with this you lose the beautiful subs from was. I think you should wait the files from hand solo.

If some one talks with hand solo and steibler and both accept someone upload a combination of their mods I should upload it, but I don't want to spend time with that.

It's no my mod, I just make some compatibility changes, and test some mods combination.
Old 11-04-17, 03:45 AM   #280
thecostanza
Nub

Downloads: 79

Hello, loving the mod.

Possibly inexperienced question, i have a monitor that runs native 1440p, at 31 inches. Will there ever be a mod that allows for the game to be played at that resolution? I can edit the d3d9.ini however as expected, the UI does not scale properly.

Perhaps there is no mod needed? Does anyone know a way to scale the UI for higher resolutions? Thank you and good hunting

thecostanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 09:18 AM   #281
jscharpf
Frogman

Downloads: 294

I really want to thank you Hans for this wonderful mod. I am starting with a fresh re-install of SH3, and I feel like it is a new game. So far everything looks great, I'm only starting out on my first mission before the war, getting used to the ship, practicing my distance measurements, etc.. It's been a while since I was back in SH3.

I have a question about radio messages. It seemed like in previous versions or mods I was always getting radio messages, sometimes relating to "world news", sometimes giving me instructions. I noticed in this version I haven't yet received any radio messages. Is it just too early (August 9 lol)?

I don't really have a problem with that, I just didn't know if this was something built into the mod, or if I'm just not being patient. (When I send a status report I do receive a response, so I know the radio is working).

Thanks again anyway for making a very clean and easy to install mod! I love it!

Jeff
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 07:16 PM   #282
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

@Jeff

Radio messages will appear just before and in wartime.

@theconstanza

Did you try to enable 1920x1080 and then let the driver do the work by scaling to your full resolution?
Old 11-04-17, 09:29 PM   #283
MG Mike
Bosun

Downloads: 59

Hello and Ahoi !!

just loaded and testet the new 5.0...

it´s stunning !! Really awesome !! especially the full interios for Type II and IX.

Very impressive. Great work.

Finaly a WAC Version which contains so many things, that i had to load and activate seperately in the past and sometimes the mods did not work together and so on and so on...

But now, all in one , absolutly great !!

But a few questions left.

In the last version of the interiors of flakmonkey i had the possibility to get back to the last freecam position by hitting the "0"
And a click on the right mouse button should bring me back from top of the tower inside the tower. But if i do the right click the camera stands over the ocean and my boat sails away

That must be wrong...

And could it be that the textures in the commandroom and officers quarters are low res ? Why? for performance reasons ?

And the first conning tower of VII C looks as a early pre war version like VII B
there´s missing these wind or watershield or what ever it was ..

It has been a few years since my last time on SH3 with Wac 4.1, but these missing things i remember....

I thought the VII B and C models from wise or kovall were higher in detail, or were they reduced for performance reasons ??

well,

i used as one of my first gameplay tests the golden Zeit single mission with a Type IX B . That was great and much fun. Sunk many ships..
beautyfull explosions and smoke. At some points looks a little bit too much like fireworks, but awesome anyway.

The Type IX aft torpedoroom is very nice work ! Well done ! But can you tell me how the aft portside tube should be reloaded ?? there is the one part in the way, so the torpedo would not fit in the tube...

But if i oversee this , the aft torpedo room looks very nice. It´s a conversion of the bow torp. room from type VII and the aft tube from type VII was copied and pasted next to the first or not ?!

Great idea to make the aft torp room without having too much work with making the room completely new.. !

I´m looking forward to start a new career with the "Einbaum" and the beginning at Kiel..

Hopyfully the airbase near the target area has gone. In WAC 4.1 i had always if i start in august 39 and i went to the target area very much airplanes as my first torpedo hit the target ship. From one second to the next there appeared a german airplane squadron which attacked the target ships and sunk them all, so there were nothing left to do for me...

I hope this bug is fixed now.. But i will see it as soon i start the new career..

regards
mg mike
MG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 08:38 PM   #284
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 586

hey guys, i'm very excited that WAC is finally out. I have installed WAC and i attempted to use the Ahnnerbe wide-screen mod the is linked in post number 1. But when i went into the game, i got to the menu fine, but when i went to load up either the campaign or a single mission, it crashed in the loading screen. Is there a fix to this? Also my Norton anti virus, detected the d3dl as a threat, but even after i said to ignore it and i even deactivated it, it still crashed.

JSGME
WarAceCampaign 5.0=1
WAC5.0 WideScreensGUI 1920x1080 Ahnenerbe=2
WAC5.0 Campaign_Atlantic_Baltic=3
avers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 12:54 AM   #285
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

@MG Mike

Ahoy again!

Thx for your feeeback. Type II interiors we're made by Tomi_99 for Gwx4 some years ago. He send me the files which were for SH4 and I converted his work. Type IX interiors I made from Flakmonkeys Work and SH5 aft torpedo room, like you thought.

About your problems...
Have to examine that shortcut. Maybe it was lost due to the new commands from Ahnenerbe u-boats and the new camera file.

The subs from Koval&Wise are definitely more detailed. I did only reduce some textures, what is hardly noticable.
In the full interiors I had to reduce as much as possible because of memory reasons.
About the target ships... I think theywill still be attacked. It is training areas for all. But... you have to test.
Hopefully the WAC patch can bei released soon, so it will be much more stable to Play

@avers

Did you execute the 4gb patch?
Actually it should loading fine with these 3 things activated.

Last edited by HanSolo78; 11-13-17 at 05:18 PM.
HanSolo78 is offline   Reply With Quote