SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-07, 02:30 PM   #31
Rotor
Torpedoman

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Thanks for your works
Old 01-10-07, 02:42 PM   #32
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41

Works perfectly now, thanks
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 03:16 PM   #33
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28

I'll see if it becomes a popular or if any of the supermods want to use it as standard to their install. But, for now I'm going to take a break and enjoy my GWX install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeAzul
Tikigod, sounds very interesting and from your comments, it looks like it was a lot of work to complete this project. Do you plan on doing an English Voices version of this? I'm sure there would be a number of us in the Community who would use such a version. Thx

EmeAzul

Last edited by Tikigod; 01-11-07 at 01:57 AM.
Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 03:19 PM   #34
Kruger
Commander

Downloads: 21

I downloaded the final version...but it was corrupt. I tried to download it again, but the page at filehost was no longer available, or it had errors

Not the page works, but I still get a corrupted archive. Can anyoby please email it to me ? krugerblue@gmail.com

Thank you mates.
Kruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 03:23 PM   #35
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

I just updated the readme file. The one I posted earlier still had explanation of the demo. I didn't want to confuse anyone so I updated with new link. No other files have been changed if you downloaded it earlier. Sorry if I deleted it during your download.

I posted new link. Try again.
Old 01-10-07, 03:37 PM   #36
Kruger
Commander

Downloads: 21

Thank you. Very nice work. Might look just eye candy for someone, but these tiny things sometimes make the difference. That telegraph bell has always been a sound that made my heart beat faster.
Kruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 03:44 PM   #37
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund
Hi,

Does the real uboot really have bell sounds in the control room? I think it was only in the engin room to notifie the machinists.

Mikael
:hmm:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 03:56 PM   #38
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1
Where's Sailor Steve when you need him.

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 04:24 PM   #39
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

I'm not sure either. I know the ship ones did for that time period. I emailed a few people online that sell ship engine order telegraph's to see how they work. I was wondering if there were seperate rings for each direction the engine was ordered. I remember seeing somewhere that some telegraph's would ding two times for forward, one for back, sometimes a different number of dings for each speed, but, they all varied based on who built and installed the Telegraph and as they progressed over the years. This one I made was based off the sounds in the uboat video link I posted.

I chose to make this for myself because I feel the sim lacks alot of the sounds you should hear in and around a uboat, especially for a game that makes you live in the uboat. The standard interface doesn't make any sounds when you push and click to do things. I feel that gears and other objects should rattle, shake, and grind, since these are the types of materials the uboat is made from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund
Hi,

Does the real uboot really have bell sounds in the control room? I think it was only in the engin room to notifie the machinists.

Mikael
:hmm:
Old 01-10-07, 04:29 PM   #40
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

They have them at both ends. The engine room needs to be able to tell the bridge that the order has been carried out.

The captain gives the order. The lee helmsman (telegraph guy) runs the handles all the way forward and all the way back, and then to the new setting. Each time the handles move the bell rings. The engineer then repeats this movement at his end, telling the bridge crew that he got the message and that they are carrying out the order.
Old 01-11-07, 01:48 PM   #41
hornetsting
Watch

Downloads: 0

Thx for your work. Works great!
Old 01-11-07, 03:58 PM   #42
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

Awesome...gonna install it now.

thanks!

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 07:47 PM   #43
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Haven't found anything on Uboats yet. But, many of the technologies were the same.

The Fleet Type Submarine
, Navpers 16160, is the first in a series of submarine training manuals that was completed just after WW II. The series describes the peak of WW II US submarine technology. June 1946 http://www.maritime.org/fleetsub/elect/chap11.htm

Quote:
A. MOTOR ORDER TELEGRAPH SYSTEM 11A1. Description. The motor order telegraph system consists of 2 separate electrical circuits. The starboard circuit is designated 1MB and the port circuit, 2MB. Electrically both circuits are identical. The system is operated on 115-volt, 60-cycle, single-phase, alternating current. Each circuit receives its supply from the a.c. bus of the I.C. switchboard through fused switches. The purpose of the motor order telegraph system is to transmit electrically any desired orders for the direction and speed of the propellers from the transmitting stations located in the conning tower and control room to the maneuvering room and to repeat those orders back to the transmitting station from the maneuvering room.
The circuits are controlled through rotary switches on the action cutout switchboard. One switch selects the conning tower or the control room as the transmitting station for both 1MB and 2MB circuits. Two more switches select either the conning tower, control room, or both, as the receiving station for the repeat back orders from the maneuvering room. One of these 2 switches is for the 1 MB, the other for the 2 MB indicators.

The conning tower and control room units consist essentially of a type "A" transmitter and pointer, a type "M" indicator and pointer, 2 sets of contacts for bell-ringing circuits, and necessary operating gears. The assembly is mounted in a case.
The transmitter is operated by a knob type handle fastened to a shaft on the front cover of the instrument. This shaft is connected to the transmitter rotor by means of a positive engaging clutch. A star wheel mounted on the transmitter shaft holds the transmitter in the desired position by means of a spring loaded main bell contact actuating lever. This lever also operates the contacts for the bell signal at the indicator station. The bell signal rings whenever the transmitter is being moved from one position to another. Auxiliary contacts for the bell signal are operated by a push button on the cover of the instrument. They are connected in parallel with the contacts operated by the star wheel. The auxiliary bell-ringing circuit is energized at any time the push button is operated. The indicator pointer is connected directly to the rotor of the indicator through an extension shaft. The maneuvering room instruments are similar except for an additional mechanism consisting of a cam mounted on the transmitter shaft which operates a contact for wrong direction warning. These contacts are connected with contacts on the reverser levers of the main control cubicle. If the reverser levers are moved in a direction opposite to that indicated by the transmitter pointers of the maneuvering room instruments, a visual and audible signal informs the operator of the error.
I'm working on the Rudder Angle Indicator System now and will post it shortly.
Old 01-11-07, 10:10 PM   #44
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68
I thought too myself ok lets see how good Mr TiKigod is in the sound modding department.

Answer:
Venatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 11:28 PM   #45
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Here is another video with two more actual uboat engine telegraph sounds. The one in the middle rings once when its moved to "Tauchen" which translates to "dip". Then the one at the end rings two times but, you can't see what is causing the ring or even if it is the telegraph. But, the bell sounds like the first.

http://uboat.net/special/videos/file...es_convois.mov