SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-11-18, 03:20 PM   #16
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 7

One can only assume that in every case it shall be you that pulls the short straw.

I think it should be the case she decides you agree type scenario

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 08:00 PM   #17
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Earlier today I was 'convinced' to look online at some prams and what a shock....some are nearly expensive as a car!!

Wait til you and the parents get a loom at what all the other accoutrements need to raise a child nowadays costs. A couple of years ago, I ran into an old acquaintance who was going through the "first grandchild" experience and she was in real shock over how much everything has gone up in price since she first gave birth to a child about 30 years ago. My belief is the retailers are gouging the families because the newer parents, not really knowing the difference just go ahead and pay those high prices, making it easier for the store to keep on raising prices...

<O>
Old 12-11-18, 10:28 PM   #18
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77

Congratulations Jim and Crank!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Wait til you and the parents get a loom at what all the other accoutrements need to raise a child nowadays costs. A couple of years ago, I ran into an old acquaintance who was going through the "first grandchild" experience and she was in real shock over how much everything has gone up in price since she first gave birth to a child about 30 years ago. My belief is the retailers are gouging the families because the newer parents, not really knowing the difference just go ahead and pay those high prices, making it easier for the store to keep on raising prices...
<O>
I believe you're correct vienna. A lot of that stuff is just pure crap too. Useless, unnecessary, and poorly made.
Old 12-12-18, 06:13 AM   #19
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
That may be true but the old adage, 'buyer beware' is still applies. I recently watched my son, who is very tech and internet savey in action at a baby store in Halifax. He found the product he was looking for (baby monitor), found the same product on Amazon at a lower price and showed the sales guy his phone. He got it for that price which was considerably lower.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 07:11 AM   #20
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

My current plan (subject to possible change of course) is too pay for the pram and give my daughter and son-in-law the option of financial help for whatever they need or a sum of money in a building society account to be held in trust until my granddaughter reaches a predetermined age (16-18) perhaps.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 12:27 PM   #21
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
My current plan (subject to possible change of course) is too pay for the pram and give my daughter and son-in-law the option of financial help for whatever they need or a sum of money in a building society account to be held in trust until my granddaughter reaches a predetermined age (16-18) perhaps.
MINGLE YOUR PLEASURES !....ALL-IN-ONE SYSTEM: Eddie Bauer TrailGuide Jogger Travel System THE JOGGING STROLLER FOR POST-BIRTH WORKOUT WITH ALL-ESSENTIAL CAR SEAT

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-18, 06:21 AM   #22
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

^ I only wish she would consider something in that price range

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote