SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > Best of Subsim
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-14, 10:31 PM   #16
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

seconded!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 08-19-14, 12:59 PM   #17
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77

I'll go with what Neal said.
Old 08-19-14, 03:29 PM   #18
adrians69
Engineer

Downloads: 299

Nominated for Modder of the Year
vdr1981 for the Wolves of Steel megamod.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703

Excellent work there and a great mod vecko!!

Adrian

Click here to view my MS Flight Simulator X, Silent Hunter, Space Shuttle Mission Simulator, X Plane 11 & Train Simulator 2020 screenshots!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrians69/
Old 10-06-14, 09:59 AM   #19
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Nominated for Modder of the Year TheDarkWrait for all his nice work here i am including also the TDW's UI and the patcher. In my Opinion TDW really deserve it

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093
Old 10-06-14, 11:26 AM   #20
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

TorpX for Modder of the Year
OP: Feb, 2014
TorpX
Topic: [WIP] Improved Ship Physics
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211235

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
As a serious SH player, problems with the game physics have always bothered me. I've been goofing around with some of the game files (the boat sim files), and have made what I consider a minor, but significant breakthrough. I couldn't really see anyway to improve the ship physics before now. (Of course, this doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of obstacles to realistic physics remaining.)

Now that I understand the sim file elements better, I am starting serious work on a mod for RFB that will improve ship acceleration, turning, and any other aspects that can be helped within this part of the game.

My intention is to finish a mod for the player subs in the near future, and later, if possible, one for the IJ/Allied ships. The chief difficulty in the later is, apart from the number of ships, the difficulty of testing them. Without having playable ships that have a helm, knotmeter and all, I'm not sure how best to go about this.

Also, I have little data as to what the turning radii, of WWII subs and ships should be. If anyone has any information along these lines please don't hesitate to contribute.

TorpX
I nominate TorpX for 'Modder of the Year' because of his perseverance, attention to detail, and fearlessness, when jumping 'over the edge' to learn new things in solving the numerous problems that he has encountered while making ISP.

What started out as a WIP to 1.0 has turned into an enormous, and after release of 2.0, ongoing, Work - In - Progress - toward 2.?.

Almost 8,000 views of ISP from 1.0 to 2.? shows that this mod & topic and the release of 2.? has wide appeal.
Old 10-08-14, 12:20 AM   #21
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

when is done this one U96 i will donate it to the community or to the best of subsim i will let Uncle Neal to decide.

PS. now i am the part 43.
Old 11-11-14, 07:45 PM   #22
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

I nominate

Thread of the Year - "The Bilge" started by Wolferz {AKA King Zod}

"Welcome to the Bilge.
A club for scallywags and ne'er-do-wells and the occasional pirate radio DJ.

We are an equal opportunity insult club formerly known as Ubirats in the bilges. Since Ubisoft decided to claim explicit domain on everything Ubisoft, whether created by them or not, I've broken all mooring lines with a fire axe. Well, chopped them off really. We are now free to navigate the ins and outs of outrageous misfortune. I hope she doesn't mind too much.

We, the management, welcome one and all for beer and laughs.
We only ask that you keep it clean by not puking on the floor. It smells bad enough in here already.
I got a new coffee maker, Armistead and you're in charge of it. I hope you made enough on the slug bait to buy some coffee and filters. I spent the last of the petty cash on a mani/peti with a happy ending. That Vietnamese girl is good, let me tell ya."

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...214375&page=35

Wolferz led the revolt that led numerous members from Ubisoft here to form the Ubirats. His thread "The Bilge" details the life and times of our honored members, all of which add much needed flavor to Subsim.

{If you would like to become a member, please post your desire to do so in this thread}

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 11-13-14, 11:17 PM   #23
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I nominate

Thread of the Year - "The Bilge" started by Wolferz {AKA King Zod}

"Welcome to the Bilge.
A club for scallywags and ne'er-do-wells and the occasional pirate radio DJ.

We are an equal opportunity insult club formerly known as Ubirats in the bilges. Since Ubisoft decided to claim explicit domain on everything Ubisoft, whether created by them or not, I've broken all mooring lines with a fire axe. Well, chopped them off really. We are now free to navigate the ins and outs of outrageous misfortune. I hope she doesn't mind too much.

We, the management, welcome one and all for beer and laughs.
We only ask that you keep it clean by not puking on the floor. It smells bad enough in here already.
I got a new coffee maker, Armistead and you're in charge of it. I hope you made enough on the slug bait to buy some coffee and filters. I spent the last of the petty cash on a mani/peti with a happy ending. That Vietnamese girl is good, let me tell ya."

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...214375&page=35

Wolferz led the revolt that led numerous members from Ubisoft here to form the Ubirats. His thread "The Bilge" details the life and times of our honored members, all of which add much needed flavor to Subsim.

{If you would like to become a member, please post your desire to do so in this thread}
I second the nomination.

And who are you calling a scallywag? Or are you calling me a ne'er-do-well? Or both? I guess it could be worse, you could be calling me late for dinner.

And I want my axe back! You've had it long enough.
Old 12-15-14, 07:42 AM   #24
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

my vote for ''best modder'' is always to TheDarkWraith , H.sie and Stiebler.
i believe that these three guys must be award not only for this year but for each year becuase these guys are the only ones who are modding the sh code and have the ability to really change and evolve a game.

i ,also, believe that Skwasjer must be award (not only for this year too) for his ultimate tool ''s3d editor''. - i don't know in which category to put this vote

my vote for ''best thread'' is The new and improved four bearings method

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 12-15-14, 08:33 AM   #25
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Thanks, Neal. I posted it here but the next time I looked it had gone.

OK, and since I have no alternative but to nominate publicly, I do so nominate Aktungbby as "Best Poster", in line with all of those criteria suggested in your OP (notwithstanding I have only been around since August).

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 12-15-14 at 10:39 AM.
Eichhörnchen is online  
Old 12-15-14, 09:26 PM   #26
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

This is more of a niche thread here at SUBSIM, most members do not play fantasy football. If you are a fan of the game ( NFL ) you should give it a whirl in the future ( being next season, 2015 ), it certainly adds to the interest during a sometimes long season.

Check out the thread I am nominating to learn more.

Author: Gut Wrench

Category: Thread of the Year

Thread Title: 2014 SUBSIM Fantasy Football

Contents:

Quote:
Here we go again fans. It's early August and the vermin have begun to surface, knocking their family unconscious in elevators (too soon? ) as they squabble for 16 of the most frustrating and exciting fantasy football weeks we've had since...since December last year. Are you ready to make believe and go long for that imaginary team combination we've all dreamed about, that brings a minimum 140 points each week in the hopes of a win?

Reason for the Nomination:
Just check out any of the weekly updates, which occur after the final game each week. They are well written, creative and offer a fresh commentary of the results of each week. The guys puts a lot of work into each post and although as mentioned it is more of a niche thread, the quality is there and then some. For those of us who are part of SUBSIM FF, his thread is certainly appreciated. I know I do

Back in the Day

Old 12-16-14, 09:08 AM   #27
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReallyDedPoet View Post
Check out the thread I am nominating to learn more.

Author: Gut Wrench

Category: Thread of the Year

Thread Title: 2014 SUBSIM Fantasy Football

Contents:

Reason for the Nomination:
Just check out any of the weekly updates, which occur after the final game each week. They are well written, creative and offer a fresh commentary of the results of each week. The guys puts a lot of work into each post and although as mentioned it is more of a niche thread, the quality is there and then some. For those of us who are part of SUBSIM FF, his thread is certainly appreciated. I know I do
Seconded!!!!!

Captain Haplo
Old 12-19-14, 12:06 PM   #28
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

I hereby nominate signature of the year: Wolfertz+

Proud to be an Amoosican reflective of his cutting-edge wit, persistent contributions, and truthful defiance.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 12-19-14, 02:47 PM   #29
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo View Post
Seconded!!!!!
Ditto.