SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-24-11, 03:02 PM   #1
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5
Default LWAMI 3.11 Released

Download Links:

CADC
Subsim (updated 1904 GMT 26 Jun)

Victorious TAGOS Patch

In this version,

Quote:
New In Version 3.11

*Torpedo base PSLs have been reduced in most cases, especially for modern electric torpedoes.
* The torpedo sound-speed relationship has been steepened--meaning that setting a torpedo below its maximum speed will significantly increase its stealth.
* Passive torpedo seeker performance has been improved, but not to the point that they were at in stock DW. They are now very effective against surface ships--especially combined with the stealth and range benefits of being run slower. Submarines are generally not at risk unless they are very noisy.
* Sonar profiles have been completely redone to make classification easier and more realistic. See section 1.1.4.
* The Kilo-Improved's MGK-400EM (cylindrical and conformal) sonar has been upgraded slightly. This sonar has also been installed on China's Project 877EKM Kilos.
* Mines, other than bottom mines, that did not have a visual signature were given one, which will allow ships and aircraft to spot them on the surface. Aircraft might see them in shallow water if they're close enough.
*Visual sensor performance has been increased so that (in clear weather) it is equivalent to what a human player can achieve at the FFG's lookout station.
*Aircraft now have two visual sensors; one for detecting submerged submarines, another for everything else (without the former's range penalty).
*The MH-60 will now drop sonobuoys when set to the Sonobuoy Search tactic in the mission editor.
* Fixed-wing aircraft will fly into the ground much less often. They will also not attack surface targets with their guns, as that was the cause of their CFITs.
* Lots of new models (including DARPA ACTUV imports!) and platforms!
And we do mean a lot of new models and platforms. TLAM's been keeping me busy.

If anyone's having any problems with the mod, this would be a good place to let us know.

Last edited by Molon Labe; 08-13-11 at 09:26 AM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 04:47 PM   #2
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Downloads: 229
Uploads: 0

Wooo Hooo!

Callin' in sick tomorrow!!

Edit:
...Oh, wait. Tomorrow is Saturday. I'm off!

Last edited by Treetop64; 06-24-11 at 04:57 PM.
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 06:03 PM   #3
FERdeBOER
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 1

Great news!!

I'm very busy lately but soon I will start my holidays...
Old 06-24-11, 06:06 PM   #4
Treetop64
Torpedoman

I've run into a problem:

> Using a fresh default v1.04 DW installation.
> Using Mod Enabler that came with LWAMI 3.11 (Generic Mod Enabler v2.6.0 (8 August 2010)), installed to the DW root directory.
> Unzipped all 3.11 mods to the MODS folder in DW directory.
> Initially, just activated only the LWAMI mod itself and the "plain" splash screen.
>Started up DW.

The game CTDs every time it attempts to render the Akula model while scrolling through the ship models on the main menu. Also, the selected mod splash screen isn't showing up. The default splash screen still shows.

As always I made a backup installation of the default DW v1.04 so I went ahead and tried manually installing the mod files without using the mod enabler. Same symptoms occurred.
Old 06-24-11, 06:09 PM   #5
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

OK, I have to admit I don't fully understand what OneShot has done with this installer just yet. WTF is a .DS_Store? I have no idea. My best guess is that there may be a missing step, because I don't see anything that runs the .bat files needed to install the graphics and usni and stuff.

So head over to the mods/.../filetools folder and run the .bats there manually. Hopefully that will do the trick.
Old 06-24-11, 06:56 PM   #6
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Appreciate the quick reply.

Manually running the bats seems to have worked so far, as the Kilo and Akula are now rendering in the opening movie and main menu, respectively. No CTDs.

Will delve into the sim and see what happens, but expect things to go smoothly now.
Old 06-24-11, 07:47 PM   #7
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

I'll update the instructions accordingly. Thanks for being our guinea pig.
Old 06-24-11, 08:31 PM   #8
Treetop64
Torpedoman

No prob.

Can only get the basic mod to run. Can not either manually or through the mod enabler activate any of the other stuff (spash screens, fonts, etc.). If I activate the small fonts, the default fonts are still used in the game but are corrupted and unreadable.

The new 3D models display fine (and look great!) but I can't be sure if the new weapons and sensor data is being used.
Old 06-24-11, 10:39 PM   #9
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Fire an SS-N-27 at someone. If it speeds up on enable/acquisition, it's stock DW. If it spawns a second stage, the LWAMI database is being used.

Last edited by Molon Labe; 06-25-11 at 02:46 AM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-11, 02:28 AM   #10
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Make sure to follow the sequence exactly ... if you try to enable the mod via the JSGME tool prior to running the .bat it wont work. And only run the InstallStuff.bat. I just noticed that I left some files in there that don't belong. I'll upload a new package now without them. Oh and the .DS_Store file is a MacOSX file that has no significance whatsoever.
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-11, 09:15 AM   #11
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Question:

Does LWAMI 3.10 (which includes 3.08, 3.09, and 3.10 all installed on top of each other consecutively) stay put when I install 3.11, or is 3.11 a stand-alone? When I saw 3.11 "Complete" I thought it meant that it was the complete LWAMI package, so I removed all previous versions of it before installing to a raw DW v1.04.

I had more issues with 3.11 last night, so I started over with a fresh new DW v1.04 installation and modded up to LWAMI 3.10, using the mod enabler.

Sorry to keep bugging you guys about this. Just a bit confused about installation, that's all. I love what you have done to this sim and your work is truly appreciated, but it would really help to include a readme that describes the installation requirements and procedures, especially for someone who might be new at modding this sim.

Thanks!
Old 06-25-11, 12:00 PM   #12
OneShot
Grey Wolf

The LwAmi v3.11 does include all Mods up to v3.11.

With 3.10 we stepped away from the Installer because a lot of people reported trouble with it on Win7. To prevent that from happening we moved back to a simple .zip package and more work on the installation side for the end user. While it is a tad more difficult to install, this way offers more freedom in regard to handling trouble while installing.

Anyway, I'll take a good look at the installer again, maybe I've overlooked something.

Could you please elaborate on your OS and how you set up DW ... i.e. did you install it in the default folder and such?
Old 06-25-11, 12:41 PM   #13
Treetop64
Torpedoman

> Win7 64

> Initially installed only 3.11 to a new default DW1.04, but experienced problems listed below.

> Deleted everything

> Re-downloaded 3.11

> Reinstalled DW 1.04

> Reinstalled LWAMI up to 3.10 (installed 3.08 and 3.09 with their respective installers. 3.10 is manual install only). Activated using JSGME. Experienced no apparent issues.

> After deactivating all mods in 3.10, manually unzipped 3.11 "Mods" folder to DW directory, while not uninstalling 3.10. Ran only the "InstallStuff.bat" in the ...LwAmi_Mod/File Tools folder.

> Reactivated 3.11 LwAmi mod w/Splash Screen and Small Text with JSGME.

Ran a couple of missions and quick missions in the sim with no "apparent" issues. Now, since 3.11 is comprehensive, should I go ahead and entirely remove my current installation, copy over my default DW1.40 backup, and unzip 3.11 into the default DW installation (via Mods folder)? Or, do you anticipate no conflicts between 3.10 and 3.11 if I leave things as they are?

I hope I'm not making this more complicated than is necessary, I'm just trying to make sure everything is covered.

Thanks.
Old 06-25-11, 12:57 PM   #14
OneShot
Grey Wolf

You can use LwAmi v3.11 with a clean DW 1.04 installation - no prior LwAmi Mods installed needed.

However I found two small errors in the InstallStuff.bat which I will fix and then upload a new package to the server. I'll post here once I'm done.
Old 06-25-11, 01:23 PM   #15
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Ok, fixed one of the two problems but couldnt find the reason for the second error. However it shouldnt be a showstopper - its either a .jpg or .txt file that is not correctly loaded into the usnidata.grp. I cant find which one and the USNI works - I tested multiple entries and got no crashes or other problems. Everything else in the game works as its supposed to be.

Make sure to activate the Basic LwAmi Mod first and then everything else you want to have. Kegetys Fonts as well as the Binocs Mod and the P3 Splashscreen worked without a problem.

Loading up the new package right now ... give it till 2000 GMT before trying to download.