SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-31-09, 03:24 AM   #1
caymanlee
Medic

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0
Default my DWX---just for fun

base on RA mod, I made some tweak for self-entertainment: add 1 more playable ASTUTE; enhance the Satellite system; build Submarine-to-Air missile system, so far, so fun, let's picturefy:

Sub-to-Air missile series:
USA virsion: SM-4 for Seawolf Virginia Ohio
RUS virsion: SX-6 for Delta-IV Oscar Akula II-Imp
UK virsion: SASX for Astute

ASTUTE with SASX

Virginia with SM-4

DEVLT-IV with SX-6

Last edited by caymanlee; 08-31-09 at 04:30 AM.
caymanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 03:45 AM   #2
caymanlee
Medic

Default satellite system

After modified the doctrine, Thrust, add some interesing sensors, it works like a charm, submarine can recieve the updating battlefiled info under water only by using its radio antena or float wire-----that's the modern submarine warfare we talk about

flying SAT, ID: 0001

controlable sub, Seawolf, using floatwire, recieving info underwater

detec target, plane1, source: link(0001)----our SAT

detec target, plane2,

detect target, surface,

the best part, detect sub(under water), it depend on the sensor, of course, the detectable depth has to be limited, as well as its udate level, other wise, there is no place to hide

Last edited by caymanlee; 08-31-09 at 04:06 AM.
Old 08-31-09, 04:20 AM   #3
caymanlee
Medic

Default satellites in 3 nations

so far , I make up 3 satellites for 3 naions, of course they have different capacity, major differ is the "sub detect ability"

Chinese SAT

USA SAT

Russian SAT
Old 08-31-09, 04:56 AM   #4
caymanlee
Medic

Default Seawolf 640mm tube weapons

It's well known that, Seawolf Class has extra-large tubes (640mm, 21 inch), so I made up some future weapons for it , those bad boys really enlarge the gaps between Seawolf and others

Mk700 to Mk48

DSASM to TASM

DSSM to TLAM

AESL ASW-missile

SM4 Sub-to -Air missile

LMRS to UUV, I also place it into Virginia Class, much more useful in detecting and mine-sweep

where is the Mine? well, Virginia Class just for this kind of coast-warfare job, Seawolf better suit for deep-ASW, so...
Old 08-31-09, 07:40 AM   #5
mikka
Watch

Downloads: 18

Looks very interesting, where can i download it?
mikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 01:08 AM   #6
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymanlee View Post
base on RA mod, I made some tweak for self-entertainment: add 1 more playable ASTUTE; enhance the Satellite system; build Submarine-to-Air missile system, so far, so fun, let's picturefy:

Sub-to-Air missile series:
USA virsion: SM-4 for Seawolf Virginia Ohio
RUS virsion: SX-6 for Delta-IV Oscar Akula II-Imp
UK virsion: SASX for Astute

Hello caymanlee

Is there any possibility you will share the info on how you did this?

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 02:28 AM   #7
caymanlee
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet Command CC View Post
Hello caymanlee

Is there any possibility you will share the info on how you did this?
Sure, my friend. and I assume you already know something about that. base on the weapon codename(number, translate to Binary) in database, Hex the wpnloadout*.dll, replace originals. then add new ones info into Game's Reference databse, make some bitmap, computil them into wpnloadout*.grp, and there you go, it's the basic steps.

but if you wanna perfect, there are more than one *.dll file to modified, I got to admit, that takes a lot of time

remember the "FleetCommand.exe" I sent to you last year, that used Hex tool, but it was easy, because that only required modified the "text" word. mostly, "Binary replacement" is required

I think we should build a handsome Astute, and add into RA_mod, that would be awesome
Old 10-01-09, 10:09 PM   #8
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Sure, my friend. and I assume you already know something about that. base on the weapon codename(number, translate to Binary) in database, Hex the wpnloadout*.dll, replace originals. then add new ones info into Game's Reference databse, make some bitmap, computil them into wpnloadout*.grp, and there you go, it's the basic steps.

but if you wanna perfect, there are more than one *.dll file to modified, I got to admit, that takes a lot of time.
Any possibility you might do a tutorial on this because lots of people would like to know how to do it.

Quote:
remember the "FleetCommand.exe" I sent to you last year, that used Hex tool, but it was easy, because that only required modified the "text" word. mostly, "Binary replacement" is required
I though I knew you, but caymanlee is a bit different from cayman.

Yep I remember that FC.exe very cool, have you done any other modding to the FleetCommand.exe file?

Quote:
I think we should build a handsome Astute, and add into RA_mod, that would be awesome
That would be great.

There one problem though the RA Mod database is password protected, so we couldn't do that unfortunately.

Best Regards.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Old 10-02-09, 01:19 AM   #9
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

You should upload this somewhere as a JGME compattable mod for RA ! It looks good !
Old 10-02-09, 03:12 AM   #10
caymanlee
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet Command CC View Post

There one problem though the RA Mod database is password protected, so we couldn't do that unfortunately.
this "problem" solved. the real problem is: will the RA team willing to appreciate a joint effort? otherwise, it will vary separated direction
Old 10-02-09, 08:48 AM   #11
kpv1974
Helmsman

Downloads: 12

Quote:
this "problem" solved. the real problem is: will the RA team willing to appreciate a joint effort? otherwise, it will vary separated direction
Project RA is open project.
We need assistance in addressing problems in the game engine.
List of problems, starting with the highest priority is attached.
We recommend you start with simple problems, because complex scare even the most experienced modders
And also we invite all those who have experience in 3d modeling.
There is no limit to perfection!

1. The Wakehoming torpedos work only against AI ships, but never will be guided on the user controlled ship (OHP, Udaloy). Can you correct it?

2. CIWS is not shoot TASM`s if their class is torpedo. Transfer them to the torpedo-class needed to get the message "torpedo in the water".
Is it possible to kill TASM by CIWS or add a message: "detected missile launch"?

3. Is it possible to make launching SM-2 (Perry) for the starting 45deg to the horizon or above to remove the missiles handspring in multiplayer?
Or to make in slewing platform a fixed angle to the vertical launch weapons and take it (angle) from the database.

4. Is it possible to correct the Udaloy`s gun dead zone. She can not shoot directly.

5. It is possible now to launch Gauntlet only from [F10] and [F12] stations of Udaloy.
Is it possible to make the Gauntlet launching from navmap [F5] with right-click on air objective and select "Engage with..."

(now it is only AK-630 and 100ммGunin a choice there)?

6. Modes "Auto" and "FullAuto" not work for starboard AK-630 in navmap [F5] (but switch shows ON). They works only from the Udaloy`s [F12] station.

7. Udaloy have not the window in mission editor, which put check mark whether the towed array is deployed at the beginning of the mission.
Similarly a new diesel submarines with towed array.

8. ANY AI sub on periscope depth (except those that can be user controlled), which detects ANY AI ship with the switched OFF radar, or the AI helo with the switched OFF radar, launched from the user controlled ship, makes they radar switched ON.

9. If AI sub have a friendly units in the mission, and they find someone by the radar, the AI sub take this contact at any depth.

10. Is it possible to correct improper execution of LAND command for DSRV?

LAND command gives the coordinates of the base-ship to helicopter, but did not give coordinates of base-sub for DSRV.
Improper command LAND for helicopters in certain geographic coordinates (helicopters rise to 2 .. 3 km over the ship)

11. Information on new units, which do not belong to the "original" countries is not available in "Platform Reference" (in the dialog box, which goes directly into the game when a player wants to classify the unit in detail with the Navmap). "Nno data" text In the text window, though in USNI this help file is read correctly.

12. The new user controlled platforms based on LosAngeles weapons interface (Typhoon) have 3rd and 4th numbers of torpedo tubes from the database (there are the launcher coordinates, which generate weapons on launch) which interfere a standard set of rows that will be displayed on the presets display of the weapon. Torpedo is generated not in the torpedo tube but somewhere, where are the real coordinates, which are recorded in launcher number 3. Torpedo tube cover number 4 is attached to the cover number 3 (we made therefore cover №4 not opening now)

13. Is it possible to add a launch silos for Delta-IV, OHIO, Oscar-II?

14. Is it possible to put audio and text message when it detects a goal on the submarine mast detection sensor of the Orion and Tu-142

And also in the attack periscope [F10] station (Akula-2i, 212, SSN21)?

15.Is it possible to remove the "unnecessary" window of torpedo tubes in the section "Weapon loadout" at Trafalgar and the Victor-III under Tubes, CMs, and Stores windows.

16. Is it possible to load the file WeaponLoadOut.DLL from controllers.ini and not from the dangerouswaters.exe?

17. Is it possible to add in Doctrine language the possibility of release of weapons or buoy at Orion from launcher without newtrack?

18. Is it possible to make raised masts visible from other players in multiplayer?

19. Is it possible to reduce the distance of visibility in the periscope? It should be about 8km, now is 15 - 20km.

20. Is it possible to debug commands Launch and LaunchWithLoadout for launch aircraft from ships and air stations (currently it is not working and game crashes sometimes). Let the aircraft takes off on command from the doctrines, or at threat.

21. Is it possible to debug the visual horizon and radars horizon?

Now shown visually very far and radars do not take into account curvature of the Earth.

22. Is it possible to make visual detection of the contact dependent on weather conditions?

23. Is it possible to make the takeoff air received information about a contact from the calling doctrine?

24. Is it possible to send a signal from HULL-sensor to broadband sonar with the Typhoon (which is not TyphoonU)? Now there just a signal from the Sphere array.

25. Is it possible to make the values of "Narrow" and "Wide" presets of missiles passed on to the doctrine?

26. Is it possible to remove unused buttons "Active-Passive" and "Snake-Circle" at 65-76 torpedoes presets?

27. Is it possible that after the launch of a torpedo presets interface would remain active and accessible to the player?

28. Is it possible to add a preset of height of the missile cruise in rocket interfaces?

29. The button MARK is blocked in the IR-camera on KA-27
kpv1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 09:02 AM   #12
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpv1974 View Post
There is no limit to perfection!
True indeed!!! Thank you again RA team for this mod.

suBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-09, 04:02 AM   #13
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpv1974 View Post
Project RA is open project.
We need assistance in addressing problems in the game engine.
List of problems, starting with the highest priority is attached.
We recommend you start with simple problems, because complex scare even the most experienced modders
And also we invite all those who have experience in 3d modeling.
There is no limit to perfection
Hello kpv1974

Can I ask how do the likes of myself and caymanlee help with all these problems went there is no way to open the database that the RA Team has made?

We can't see what you have changed so, if we find a fix that works with DW without any mods, but this might not work with the RA Mod, because we dono what you have fix and changed.

Blocking people from opening the database, that is not a open project I'm sorry to tell you. If chaps like myself can't do there only person modifications not many people will download or play this good mod.

Old 10-03-09, 04:09 AM   #14
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
We could make are only mod.

Old 10-03-09, 04:17 AM   #15
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183
Database

I understand that some people already hacked the DB and that RA mod team is probably opening to some support, so i trust this issue will be solved soon.

Cheers to all who makes this subsim better and better, let us hope it will lead into what happened with Falcon flightsim, a much different, better and realistic gameplay in the end, pity the graphic engine seems somewhat limited to accepting nice ship and objects model, but limited in landscape (not too much of a problem at sea) and complexity. Lets hope that the mod will be stabilized soon to a certain extent, in order to get scenarios using all the goodies. It should be better if all can unite and not go in too many directions, as multiplayer would be better controlled and more play partners available for good fun. I think that the most difficult part will be project management however and it is not easy as most of us are also quite busy in our out-of sub lifes. RA team has a good bug tracking list and do list for a start, thanks to them for that too.
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote