SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-28-08, 05:31 PM   #46
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibamestre
Well,given that I have not been able to register into RA developers Forum,I will post here a few lines concerning some ideas about future further interesting mods in order to complete the wip one right now.

Surface I.
Krivak II
Neustrashimy
Sovremenny
Kara
Kashin
Kirov
Slava
Kiev
Spruance
Leahy
Virginia CGN
Ticonderoga
Arleigh Burke
Knox

Surface II.
Kremlin
Kuznetsov
Kitty Hawk
Enterprise
Nimitz
Gerald Ford

Surface III.
Yednorog
Serna
Wasp
San Antonio
Austin

Surface IV.
Olekma
Kaliningradneft
Cimarron
Sacramento
Supply

Ok,these would be a quite good controllable platforms from both sides.Others could always be added from other Countries.

Regards Gentlemen.
Dreaming is cool, but lets be realistic here ok ?
This mod isn't coming out in 2020 and there certainly aren't 30 people working on it. Keep your expectations to reasonable levels. :p
Nimitz, Enterprise, Ticonderoga, Spruance and Arleigh Burke ? What the , how are you even going to control such beasts within the constraints of dw controlable interfaces ? I mean its complicated even to give a damn towed array for a Type 212 and you want to totality of the russian surface fleet available, and strategic us vessels ? :rotfl:
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-08, 10:02 PM   #47
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibamestre
Well,given that I have not been able to register into RA developers Forum,I will post here a few lines concerning some ideas about future further interesting mods in order to complete the wip one right now.

Surface I.
Krivak II
Neustrashimy
Sovremenny
Kara
Kashin
Kirov
Slava
Kiev
Spruance
Leahy
Virginia CGN
Ticonderoga
Arleigh Burke
Knox

Surface II.
Kremlin
Kuznetsov
Kitty Hawk
Enterprise
Nimitz
Gerald Ford

Surface III.
Yednorog
Serna
Wasp
San Antonio
Austin

Surface IV.
Olekma
Kaliningradneft
Cimarron
Sacramento
Supply

Ok,these would be a quite good controllable platforms from both sides.Others could always be added from other Countries.

Regards Gentlemen.
Dreaming is cool, but lets be realistic here ok ?
This mod isn't coming out in 2020 and there certainly aren't 30 people working on it. Keep your expectations to reasonable levels. :p
Nimitz, Enterprise, Ticonderoga, Spruance and Arleigh Burke ? What the , how are you even going to control such beasts within the constraints of dw controlable interfaces ? I mean its complicated even to give a damn towed array for a Type 212 and you want to totality of the russian surface fleet available, and strategic us vessels ? :rotfl:
:rotfl:
suBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 06:50 AM   #48
tonibamestre
中国水兵

Downloads: 82

But,most of the systems,weapons and interfaces are already implemented on the FFG7 model.In such aspect,the other units are not so different,just modeling a different shape.I know that is a long list,but maybe someones could be got.
About the Carriers,just would be nice and impressive to be able to command a vessel like that.
tonibamestre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 10:28 AM   #49
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 7

Dont forget here what DW is all about the main mission in DW what it emphasises is ASW warfare hence why we have submarines maritime patrol P3 and MH60 and a perry.

All these have limited capability against ASuW AAW threats but none the less the units most people are asking for are for that ASuW and AAW scenarios well then you change the whole nature of the game.

A carrier would be great nimitz class or the Kuznetsov i cant personally see it maybe a slight possibility of a CVH like jean d'arc its not just the modeling that takes it what about the interface for a carrier that in itself is a whole overhaul of everything you couldnt just use the perry interface to put on the nimitz or kuznetsov it does ok on the udaloy but again she is a primary ASW unit.

Im not against ASuW or AAW warfare i would love to see a sovremenny or even the udaloy II as a playable (yes the udaloy II is a ASuW ship and the only one in her class to be so), maybe a whole new sim perhapse.

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 09:11 PM   #50
CaptJodan
A-ganger

Downloads: 26

For the record, I'd just like to say that I'm happy with the beta thus far, and am happy to have it. There are issues, but I have no desire to voice them, as I know the team is working on them when they get the chance. This is far more than I ever expected we would be allowed to have for this sim, and it's injected new life into it.

I'm loving both the new interfaces and particularly enjoy the Alfa. I'm not sure if mods to, say the sensors and torpedoes were additions made in previously allowed mods (I was basically playing no-modded), but I like the fact that you have to get closer to your target.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am saddened that the modders feel they have to limit these betas for legitimate fears that the community will pounce on problems they see. Already, RA and AT have brought us more than I could ever have forseen we'd get, and I'm just happy to enjoy the work they've done and not harrass them to death to fix problem X or Y. I'm just enjoying what they've already done for the community and hope they won't feel oppressed by it now, or later down the road.
CaptJodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 01:57 PM   #51
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

I've been away for a while and a bit out of touch on the forum but.. after reading this thread...
Isn't adding new playables to DW a big No No ?
The mod does sound interesting and it looks like a lot of good work is going into it. Is it meant to work with LWAMI or are they going to have to be separate mods ?
Is there a wiki or something maintained so I can learn more about the RA mod ?

Just curious. I play DW all the time and anything that adds to it is a plus in my book.
Old 12-30-08, 03:50 PM   #52
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

So far SCS stance on both the RA and Alfa Tau Mod is that they have yet to take a definite stance however at the moment they seem to be ok with them.

As for more information bout the mods, I think there are forums in italian and russian where the developers are available but to my knowledge there is no Wiki or anything like it available yet (however given the current stance of SCS I have no problem with expanding the existing DW Wiki to include sections for the RA and TA mod ... just need to find someone who actually writes something.)

As for LwAmi and those mods ... to my knowledge both mods are based on an older version of the LwAmi mod and have subsequently evolved into their own "thing". This means that all three mods (AT, RA and LwAmi) are incompatible with each other.

Hope that helped a bit.
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 04:28 PM   #53
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot
So far SCS stance on both the RA and Alfa Tau Mod is that they have yet to take a definite stance however at the moment they seem to be ok with them.
I have seen nothing to indicate that they are "OK" with it. Neal just indicated that the topics were open and linking was OK. I guess that's the approval. But it would be nice to see a Sonalyst's employee actually have something to say on it in this forum. Straight from the horses mouth. Especially because adding new playables has always been forbidden. These mods look very promising. But I do have to say that official releases or a new game from Sonalysts would be much more desirable. I just hope that pursuing these mods doesn't turn Sonalysts off from producing any potential future developments.
Sea Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 05:15 AM   #54
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99

Hi guys,

I haven't been active here since threads on this and Alpha Tau were closed and even deleted. I'm glad that the powers that be see far enough to have mercy on the end-users here.

Well, in my last install I tried RA and AT, and found AT more enjoyable and bug free, but the more plentiful and detailed playables were better in RA. It was hard, but I stuck with AT for gameplay.

The hardest part about reverting to AT was the multi-stage SLBM launches in RA. They were absolutely amazing, but they were just for show. AT had working SLBMs that could wipe out entire taskforces (FUN!), but they were modeled on other long-range missile behaviors.

What I wished for (among other things) was for a merge of these elements with a functional multi-stage SLBM. Have the RA devs worked on this? I used to peruse both dev forums, but putting the sukhoi pages into translators was too laborious. I'd love to know if they are working on it, though. It would seem to me that porting the AT SLBM behavior into RA would be easier than the reverse considering how compliacated the multi-stage SLBM process seems to be.
Old 01-10-09, 06:46 PM   #55
MR. Wood
Planesman

Downloads: 170
Uploads: 5

USS Seawolf SSN-21

Kilo
MR. Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 05:12 AM   #56
sardino
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

the definitive version???
sardino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 06:09 AM   #57
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardino
the definitive version???
When its ready. I guess on tuesday.
Old 01-11-09, 01:54 PM   #58
MR. Wood
Planesman

Downloads: 170
Uploads: 5

I can't wait with that new Seawolf
MR. Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 02:29 PM   #59
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Wood
I can't wait with that new Seawolf
the new seawolf 3d model is a real beauty. A work of art.
Old 01-11-09, 05:49 PM   #60
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

A very nice model but he has got the number of blades on the pumpjet wrong....

Tags
reinforce alert