SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
The newest naval sim by Totem Games!

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Fleet Boat Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-27-2017, 02:00 AM   #5086
Bubblehead1980
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 334
Uploads: 17

Missing this texture NPL_RC_T01.tga from the sea folder.(assuming this is the issue)

Ships shows up but is completely black.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:04 AM   #5087
propbeanie
CTD Überbringer

Downloads: 162
Uploads: 0

Which version of the mod do you have, and do you remember what date you downloaded it? I'll go get on my computer here in a few minutes, and post back in here with what I have for the vessel...

Edit: OK, folder and file construction looks fine on my FotRSU v0.063. There are no TGA files for a lot of the ships. Quite a bit of FotRSU has been "converted" to DDS (an SH4 thingie), and the TGA files deleted to reduce the Mod's size. The DDS files do load from the TGA calls in the Roster folders for vessels. You should find an NPL_RC.dds file that looks like this:

It is called with TextureName=Data / Sea / NPL_RC / NPL_RC_T01.tga from the Roster cfg file, but the dds loads.

In the museum, it should look like this:

One thing to remember about the three Red Cross ships in FotRSU is that they are of "Red Cross" nationality, not American or Japan or British.

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-27-2017 at 09:50 AM. Reason: show and tell
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #5088
les green01
American Hero

Downloads: 789

so far i hadn't had no problems this morning i dont really care for the s-call with it with the 50 cal and looking like a new sub instead of a old one or maybe webster s-class mod as ruint it for me but ill keep playing it
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:28 PM   #5089
propbeanie
CTD Überbringer

Downloads: 162

We could probably change the skin... I wish we could change skins (and crew clothing) based upon where you are in the world, and / or the time of year, such that a boat above the Arctic Circle would have a build-up of ice, and the crew would at least be wearing earmuffs and mittens, to go with their shorts and bare chests... At least they have shoes on.

propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:03 PM   #5090
Bubblehead1980
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 334
Uploads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Which version of the mod do you have, and do you remember what date you downloaded it? I'll go get on my computer here in a few minutes, and post back in here with what I have for the vessel...

Edit: OK, folder and file construction looks fine on my FotRSU v0.063. There are no TGA files for a lot of the ships. Quite a bit of FotRSU has been "converted" to DDS (an SH4 thingie), and the TGA files deleted to reduce the Mod's size. The DDS files do load from the TGA calls in the Roster folders for vessels. You should find an NPL_RC.dds file that looks like this:

It is called with TextureName=Data / Sea / NPL_RC / NPL_RC_T01.tga from the Roster cfg file, but the dds loads.

In the museum, it should look like this:

One thing to remember about the three Red Cross ships in FotRSU is that they are of "Red Cross" nationality, not American or Japan or British.

From the latest release. Worked initially now its black. Also black when I put it in my ship pack, weird it used to show up.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #5091
CapnScurvy
General Nuisance

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
so far i hadn't had no problems this morning i dont really care for the s-call with it with the 50 cal and looking like a new sub instead of a old one or maybe webster s-class mod as ruint it for me but ill keep playing it
We can look at the idea of stressing the S-Class texture, but you have to expect the sub will have been painted when you first get it after a refit.

============

Bubblehead,

I'm like propbeanie, I don't see an issue with the "Red Cross" ships. The three are fine when viewed in the Museum. Check your stock game for corruption, then load Fotrs Ultimate v0.63 alone, without any other mods....we can't be responsible for what a player does to his game after he downloads it. IF, he starts his game without issue to begin with.

============

I've been working on getting 11 AI subs into the game. S7rikeback got the ball rolling, I'm getting the models to appear in-game, and correcting issues as I go. Here's the Japanese Type A1:

The Type C3:

The Kaidai Type 4:

The Jyunsen Type 1:

There is also an American Fleetboat, and the German U-Boat 9d2 as additional AI subs to the 9 Japanese subs we will see. They all fire their Deck weapons as expected, and will be picked up with the Hydrophone for detection. We've found they are not good at submerged travel, so they will be surfaced when you encounter them.

I'm working on a possible firing torpedo from them.....too soon to tell if its going to work?!

I'll be posting what I've got for the "Team Members" tomorrow, soon to be released with our next update.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote