SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-18-16, 11:35 AM   #1
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default Narowband questions

Hi,

I am now back to DW+LWAMI. And afte some reading I am playing around with MH-60 and P-30 plane. I am able to find subs and sink them in hard mode quick mission. However I have noticed that when I deploy sonarbuoys and turn on narowband the frequencies that I get do not match LWAMI Sonar Profiles able that I printed. For example in the table the Typhoon's first freq is 50, 130,340 etc. in practice in my quick mission I would always have different data. For example Typhoon and all other nuclear subs would start at around 90 as first freq. This confuses me bcs sometiems the filter has numerous possible matches and once I turn to the sonar profile sheet I am unable to ID bcs of this huge discrepancy. I have searched the manulas but could not find explanation why there is huge difference.
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 01:57 PM   #2
SilentPrey
Navy Dude

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 2

It doesn't sound like LWAMI installed correctly. That said; some arrays cannot hear 50hz sounds and the low frequency cutoff makes the second line of the profile be the first one to show. I play mostly Seawolf or LA class so I'm not certain about the buoys.
SilentPrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 03:18 PM   #3
NiceSub
Torpedoman

I am also thinking that the LWAMI is not coretly installed maybe.
I have first run the .bat file and then enabled the mod through JSGME.
I will try to reinstall and see what I will get then.
btw what is the latest version of this mod? I got it from subsim so I hope it is the lates.
Old 01-18-16, 03:56 PM   #4
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Dual thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=223882

Moderators, please merge them into 1.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 04:09 PM   #5
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Ok so here I come again. Reinstalled DW and LWAMI. Did MH-60 demo mision.
The task is to hunt Voctor-III.
At the very begining I tuned to two DIFAR-S as you can see from pic. These two probes are next to each other on the map. Small distance between.
Take a look at first directional reading from probe 3.
The signal dot is near the bottom of the display but it is exactly at the begining of the red line. The cursor there reads 80Hz. The 3 dots above disregard those are neutral freighter.
BElow is tuned DIFAR-S probe 2. Again jsut under the dots from Freighter there is one dot from Victor. However. For some unknow reason to me. The probe two reads that signal as 50Hz (VLF from Sonar Profile Chart from LWAMI)
Now as you can see that red line connecting those two signals is perfectly straight meaning those dots are on the exact same position on x-axis in probe 2 and 3. X-axis being freq. should mean that probe 2 and 3 should read me 50Hz when i place cursor there. Unfortunatly that is not hte case with probe 3 which for some reason has difference of 30Hz. I have once used dipping sonar this one showed me correct information however I have deployed it only once.
Also this wrong freq. readout is the case when I play in P-30 aircraft.
Now is this some strange sonar, sound behaviour that I do not understand or know about or it is just a bug? If someone has a tiem to try this mission and verify?
Pic:
Old 01-18-16, 04:25 PM   #6
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

You can't use that red line as you do. If you look at the beginning of the scale then you see it doesn't line up between the displays. Well, only 2 out of 4 do. (omni) I don't know why they didn't make them line up. Seems like there was just enough space. But it's a fact we'll have to live with.

Also, in order for those bearing, frequency cursor numbers to have any meaning you need to put them on a blip or line and mark them. From the looks of the screen shot you did not on either channel.

Last edited by Pisces; 01-18-16 at 04:34 PM.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 04:40 PM   #7
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
You can't use that red line as you do. If you look at the beginning of the scale then you see it doesn't line up between the displays. Well, only 2 out of 4 do. (omni) I don't know why they didn't make them line up. Seems like there was just enough space. But it's a fact we'll have to live with.

Also, in order for those bearing, frequency cursor numbers to have any meaning you need to put them on a blip or line and mark them. From the looks of the screen shot you did not on either channel.
The good thing is that I have solved the issue
I did once again that mision and noticed that If yo udo not got to library (hence no arrows and filter button to the left) The 80Hz is 50Hz. For some reason going to library makes the cursor read out the wrong value once you place it on the signal. I have played with that and I confirm that that is the issue. Now I only do not know if that is intentionally that way or a bug.