SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-08, 09:30 PM   #1
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0
Default Dangerous Waters Database editing tutorials ?

I have a copy of DWedit. I've tried altering some stuff using it, but have not been very successful in getting stuff to work. Are there any database editing tutorials out there for DWedit ? I'm very interested in customizing units and creating new units using existing models. At this time, I have no clue what I'm doing with the database editor. If there's no tutorials, would one of you who knows what they're doing walk me through doing some of these things ? I'd be VERY greatful to learn this stuff and become a part of the modder community.
Old 07-05-09, 11:40 PM   #2
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Hello Blacklight

I'm guessing you know how to use the DWedit now, but I thought this would be helpful to others.

This tutorialis is in Russian, but all you need to do is use the Google or Bing Translators.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=43673

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 12:12 AM   #3
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

Thank you !! I've copied and pasted the whole post translated (badly.. but readable).

It now reads like "All your base are belong to us"
Old 07-06-09, 05:43 AM   #4
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Try this link : http://www.commanders-academy.com/wi..._add_new_Units

Its the copy&paste version of JSteed's Database Editor "Add a Navy" Tutorial from SubGuru.
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 10:05 AM   #5
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
Thank you !! I've copied and pasted the whole post translated (badly.. but readable).

It now reads like "All your base are belong to us"
No probs.

Here is the Google translation,

Here is Chapter 1: Credit must go to CrazyIvan for doing these tutorials.

Quote:
Work with the editor of the Database
================ Chapter 1. IMPLEMENTATION OF 3D MODELS IN ARCHIVE GAME ==================

In this section, I want to tell how to add new models in the DW, using the database editor «DWEdit» by Ludger Stura. And also how to make them manageable (if possible), but this would take, other more sophisticated tools.

There is another editor of JSteed, he was placed on the base MSAccess, his only advantage is that with the data of the database, it is possible to work in rows, DWEdit also works with the data in the form - ie, data from only one unit are displayed and available for editing.
All the same, DWEdit more convenient for our purposes, so the new fleet, we will build with it.

It is clear that once we have a database, then it must consist of some sections.
There are categories:
Countries
classes,
units (entity),
sensors,
mast,
sound profiles and screws,
launchers,
runways,
location of aircraft on ships,
types of engines,
3-D objects.

Creating a new unit must always start with the introduction of 3D models. All models in the DW 3D.grp placed in the file which is located in the folder Graphics. The format models in the game, it j3d - something related to the language of Java, more or less compact format, for the three-dimensional objects, the truth is not with high image quality (What is it and we have).
To use the utility package CmpUtil.exe, running through a shell, the utility should always be placed in the same directory as the file recipient - in this case 3D.grp - ie in the folder Graphics, put it that way.

[Note: The processing of 3D models can be done in 3D Max, using a special plug-ins for the transportation model in the editor and the reverse conversion in j3d format. For those who do not know - is changed SCX-IIC Subkommand for the game, there is a mass of new amateur models, so that the model will borrow from there]
The model is directly from the 3D frame - ie the file j3d, and textures in the format bmp.
It may be that the name of the texture will be different from the name of the boat frame, this is not the problem, setting the model as will be explained below, using the database editor, go there in the menu and selecting the 3D object model is re-established, if the texture would not be detected, a message will be -- Such a structure is not detected, ie, now you know the name of the texture. It remains only to find it, copy the directory Graphics and indicate bat file (see below)
================================================== ===================
I will install DW Soviet model diesel missile submarine project 651 (Juliet, and she really is beautiful, damn it!)

Before the case is determined by what weapons it will carry:
The missiles SS-N-12 SANDBOX (Launch, standing at the last modif. Boats to 70 gg.)
Torpedoes SET-65E, SAET-40.
SET-65 Torpedo and missile SS-N-12 is already in the DW, so their 3-D models do not have to implement.
We need to establish a model of the boats and torpedoes SAET-40.

In a text editor create a file and put in its data for the package:
cmputil 3D Jul1.bmp - [cmputil (prog packer) 3D (The file recipient) Jul1.bmp (packed file)]
cmputil 3D Jul1_d.bmp
cmputil 3D Jul2.bmp
cmputil 3D JuPROP.bmp
cmputil 3D XJuliett.j3d
cmputil 3D XJuliett_d.j3d
cmputil 3D xSAET40.bmp
cmputil 3D XSAET40.j3d
Now save the file in the directory Graphics c extension BAT.
Choose aforesaid J3D and BMP files, where you are and copy them into the folder Graphics.
After that, we run a BAT file in the same folder (do not forget about utility CmpUtil.exe! It should also be ibid., otherwise nothing zapakuetsya)
Once our model are 3D.grp file, proceed to the initialization of the database.
Starting the editor DWEdit, and go to the menu 3D object.
Choose any boat in the left window a list of objects.
I Choose Foxtrot - click on it twice (She like the Juliet 2 screws)
Click the button "New Object", to jump out the tab, enter the new name Juliett SSG, click 'OK'.

Then in the windows of "Model Name Low", "Model Name Med", "Model Name High" frame, enter the name of Juliet - Xjuliett.j3d.
In the "Broken Name1" put XJuliett_d.j3d - this kind of frame-damaged boats.
In the 'Water Line Radius' set figure 3.9
All. The model is initialized. Yes, this is still - after the change in each window, click the button 'Apply' (attached).
On the torpedo SAET-40 similar actions - also, choose any torpedo, creating SAET-40 and prescribes the names of its components in the same window.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 07-06-09 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-06-09, 10:10 AM   #6
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Here is Chapter 2: Credit must go to CrazyIvan for doing these tutorials.

Quote:
============== Chapter 2. ESTABLISHMENT OF ===================
Since we are dealing with the database, it must be remembered that there is some hierarchy in its structure.
Creating an object should always begin with a definition of it or belonging to a class.
In our case, to torpedo SAET-40 already exists a class torpedo (Id - 213) to which it relates.
We need to create a new class of ship - JULIETT.
Open the menu dialogue 'Ship Class Dialog' (In the editor, to the left of the flag amerskogo - the button drawn кажись ship 2 - blue and white).
On this tab in the left window with a list of classes to choose the lowest (Why is the lowest, will explain later).
Click the button 'New Ship Class'. In the box 'Name' will appear nadpis'My new ShipClass'.
Writing it - JULIETT, in the window 'Class' which is slightly lower, write abbreviation - SSG [diesel missile boat (it does not write essno only SSG!)]
In the box, with drop-down tab "Default Country", select - 0173 Russia RU, click 'Apply'.
Everything in this creation of a class and determine its belonging to the owner of the country over.
Leave this menu and go to the tab 'Object Dialog'.

================================================== ========================
Here I make a small but important digression.
Unnecessarily Editor DB compiles all the data on the specific algorithm, there is one small feature in his work, and I want to share with you these features.
Of course, every editor has a feature to search by name and filtration, you will undoubtedly use these funktsii.Tut is a nuisance - in this example poyasnimoe.
Suppose, in the creation of a torpedo SAET-40, the easiest option, it will be cloned from another torpedo. Ie you need to choose a torpedo, let SAET-60, and when it has data displayed on the working panel, click 'New Object', while a new facility is already filled with data windows. This will only give the name of the site and correct the data.
Here the question is, where it will create a new object. In short this feature - If you are in front of cloning, choose this very SAET-60 which is located under the ID number 375, using the name search, or using a filter (dropping unnecessary flags in a box «Filter») cloned your object will not be placed in the bottom of the list of objects, and will bury somewhere in the middle of the list of objects, as there is a free, blank lines. It is not that good - then you need to seek an object somewhere in the hundreds of lines. Handy when you created the objects will be located at the very end of the database, and will always be quickly available for adjustment.

We are on the tab 'Object Dialog'.
Kloniruem torpedo SAET-40 torpedoes SAET-60 as follows:

Click the button 'Search' (Search), enter SAET, click OK.
SAET-60 is found at number 0375. Memorize this number.
Again click the button 'Search', no typing in the box, click OK.
Now, all lines are free (unfolded) form.
In the left window, with a list of objects, missing the mouse scroll bar slider, and tyanem it down closer to the object 0375 - SAET-60. Because of this situation, a list of strings to choose this very SAET-60: click on it a good 2-fold.
Now click the button 'New Object', in a window instead of 'My New Item' write the title - SAET-40 Torpedo, click OK.

[You should remember one important rule - the object name should be the name of his 3D model, the letter in the letter!
If you are creating an object in the 'Link to 3DObject' no shows, no names, then come back in Menu 3D object, and rename it you need an object under a name that you recorded it in the 'Object Dialog'.]

Find drop-down menu box c "Object Type" - setting a Weapon
Below that is another window 'Sim Type' - is set Torp (These icons are mnemonics that appear on the nav map of the game, for this site)

================================================== =======================
Now, turn to the creation ENTITY (unit), ie, the specific unit that is displayed on the screen of 3D game. At the same tab ( 'Object Dialog'), in the upper right corner, find the box with the text 'Dbl. Click for NEW ENTITY 'and click on this caption 2 Raziq.
To jump tab in the 'Name' write SAET-40 Torpedo. (This is already the name can be any such simple SAET-40 - that is, you write, and then to see a 3D view of the unit in the game).
In the window 'Link to ShipClass' select the row number 213 class TORPEDO, for this class and took it. OK button is now available for selection, click it.

It remains to create a sensor for the torpedo, but it is in other materials.

Similar action is also to create Object Juliett SSG - at its creation, remember that the object name should be the same as a name of 3D models of the boats.

In the "Object Type" for "Juliet" set Sub, in the "Sim Type" as Sub.

When you create ENTITY (unit) - call it let K-156 and bind it to our previously established class JULIETT (will be placed at the bottom of the list of classes).
Then, here you can add units and other on-board numbers K-85, K-70, etc.
Once again I remind you that all these units, we add to the already existing facility JULIETT, in the box that says' Dbl. Click for NEW ENTITY '.

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 07-06-09 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-06-09, 10:13 AM   #7
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Here is Chapter 3. Part 1: Credit must go to CrazyIvan for doing these tutorials.

Quote:
================ Chapter 3. Part 1. ESTABLISHM sensors. ===============

So, we have a blank torpedo, and until that empty shell of a boat - without torpedo tubes, missile containers, poles, sensors, propellers and engines.

Push the button with the image of a radar emitter and get the tab for 'Sensors Dialog'.

Total Dangerous Waters recorded 12 types of sensors, but uses only 10:

1. Radar - This included radar to search as aerial targets, and the surface. Objects related to ground-based radars are not subject to detection.
2. FC Radar (Fire Control Radar) - Apparently, the radar target for the rocket and artillery systems. What specifically is different from the radar of art.1 unclear. Probably just a side view.
3. CM (Countermeasures) - Measures to counter - ie bait, active and passive traps from submarines, as well as infrared (heat) and volume (of fused small pieces of aluminum foil) from the aircraft and surface ships.
4. ESM. - Alerter radar radiation.
5. Visual - probably refers to the presence of a facility at which the staff has their eyes.
Ie, visual inspection.
6. Jammer - ispolzuetsya.Zdes not supposed to be coupled to surface ships noisy bait, but for some reason was removed in this version - apparently do not work as needed. :-(
7. Active Intercept - Hydrophones on ships and submarines, the active recording incoming signal (bell), and bearing on it.
8. Active - active sonar (those who call)
9. Passive - passive shumopelengovaniya Stations (To search for submarines and ships for their emitted noise)
10. MAD - detectors of magnetic and electrical disturbances - (To search for submarines on their magnetic performance - the more steel in the submarine, the greater its background for the sensor)
11. IFF - a warning system, a stranger to aviation. (In this version of the game in my opinion does not work)
12. IR - infrared sensor - sensor thermal anomalies (In protivoaviatsionnyh missiles for guidance on the heat of the turbines of jet aircraft, as well as in shock (protivonazemnyh) missiles).

Also, I am going to some function of variables, and what is subject to change, but that change is not worth it. All metric data (distances), on this tab are presented in meters.
Window 'Unique Sensor Name' - name of sensor
Windows' Display Name '- name of the sensor of this window is seen in the game, and is shown in DDI (Translucent left upper window nav.karte, when showing off the truth)
-------------------------------------------------- --------------
Window 'Update Interval' - Skvazhnost of the sensor - (in seconds). For example, low-frequency active sonar 45 seconds, with such an interval call surface ships.
For radars, the time for which the beam makes a complete turnover on the radar screen.
-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------
C drop-down menu window "Sensor Class" - Indicates to what belongs to this type of sensor (as well as a list of available sensors, with the creation of a new sensor)
Box 'Counter Detect Sensor' - which informs the sensor will detect this, you just selected sensor - installed manually.
Windows Max Op Alt; Min Op Alt; - range beyond which the sensor is simply turned off (ie not working at all.)
Windows Max Det Alt; Min Det Alt; - In this range, the sensor is working - for instance if a radar gun in the window 'Max Det Alt' found 4950 meters, the plane flies at an altitude of 5000 meters, the radar will not detect the aircraft.
-------------------------------------------------- ---------------
More Box 'Sensor Position' - the location of the sensor on the housing unit. News for submarines - in the bow of the boat struck on the bottom of the sea, if the coordinates displayed on the 0 0 0, the bow sonar would not be damaged if the position will be exposed to, say 0 50 -3, then the sonar will be damaged.
X-axis - to move the sensor to the left - right (about the longitudinal axis of the shell unit.)
Axis Y - Move to the bow - stern.
Axis Z - Move up and down.
-------------------------------------------------- -----------------

Box "Accoustics Sensors". (The most important section.)

Window 'max. Speed '- Sets the speed limit in which the sensor is still capable of anything found.
I would say that this figure is more related to the modeling of flow around a water sonar - approaching the speed of the boat to this figure, increasing noise, which are expressed in the increase of background noise on the broadband sonar (elevated peaks when they are approaching the last Limits display and sound " Zub "simply become invisible).
Also from this figure depends message Acoustics, torpedo in the water. Acoustics announces torpedo in the water, if the speed of the boat does not exceed this figure.
This is not raspostranyaetsya on active sonar intercept, where the speed of detection, even limited here will still be equal to that at which the platform may be possible to move.

Window 'Nrd' - (Previously called him SNR Signal-Noise-Ratio. Why now changed the name and expand the range, it is not clear, likely to bring an acoustic model to the Harpoon, there are similar figures) - The ratio of signal to noise ratio, ie the sensitivity . The more negative the number, the cleaner (less than) the background noise on the display screen. For example: The display of active sonar is always reflected from the target label, with your active call. And it is always the same brightness. But this is the NRD, provides that 'dirt' that covers this tag, and mixed with it in color as it dissolves it in yourself, and the more this' dirt-noise 'the harder to find this label on the sonar. Unscrew it possible - thereby remove the noise that obscure the signal, it becomes visible.

Window 'SonarFreq.Min'; 'SonarFreq.Max' - Frequency response of the sensor.
Particularly significant for the active sonar - the lower the frequency slowly raspostranyayutsya, but have a better impact. Torpedoes the contrary - are in a high-frequency active sonar sensors, a more rapid return of the echo, but at the same time, such high frequencies have large damping and a very weak reflected signal.
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- --
Window "Detection Curves" - (The curves of detection).
Ranges of detection.

For passive and active sonar, visual sensors are always used first, the upper window of No. 1.
A large number of windows used for ESM and radar. How these changes affect the data on employment of radars and ESM, and how formulas are calculated, it is not clear.
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
Box 'Reporting Accuratu / Error' - The error bug. Ranges 0 - 4. Error ranges from 10.000m to 40 km. How it works, non-knowing people are advised not to change.
-------------------------------------------------- --------
Box 'Cone Geometry' - Geometry Cone sensor.

"ConeAngleXZ" - Развертка in degrees (up-down) of the longitudinal axis of the sensor. Not sure what works.
"ConeAngleXY" - Развертка in degrees (left-right) of the longitudinal axis of the sensor. See how this affects the type of cone can be an example Sharks - change these settings in the sensor number 13 (Akula Sphere) for example, put 120 instead of 60, save the database, run the game, select the shark, and look at the broadband sonar as it will appear when you change cone of its sonar.
"ConeRotAxisZ" - the transverse axis of the sensor. Used to specify the direction of cones, the sensors, consisting of two sensors, and aimed in different directions (t.n HULL multinapravlennye sensors located in the wheelhouse of the boat)
The remaining data in the windows of the box better than me - the minimum and maximum width of the beam, it is not entirely clear, and how it affects the sensor as well.
--------------------------------------------
Box 'Trakers':

Window "No Trakers" - Number trakerov (automatically traceable contacts on BB and NB sonar)
Restricted in DLL - ie, if the Kilo said only two tracker, it will be so, despite any changes in the database unnecessarily on Demon display, only 2 channels are available, the nuclear submarines 4 channel.

'Root Tracker' - marks trakerov on the sonar screen.
For example, if the number trakerov 4 pieces, and the 'Root Tracker' is marked as' A ', respectively, then the next 3 trakera for this sensor will be B, C, D.
For labeling trackers for HULL sonar used by the letter E; F; G; H
For labeling trackers TOWED sonar used in the letter I; J; K; L

'Sierra Prefix' - what the letter will retain contact with this sensor on the tactical map.
Accordingly, for the radar "R"; for ESM 'E'; Visual 'V'; and so on.
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -----
Right on the tab 'Sensors Dialog' is a box with flags, called "Sensor Attributes".

It sets some of the features for sensors:
For example the option 'Ambient Light' (ambient lighting) appropriate for the type of sensors Visual (Sight), and inappropriate for the type of sensors Passive (Under water, and so dark all the time, and time does not affect the ryschuschuyu torpedo under the water) but the parameter 'Sea State '(sea) or' Termal Layer '(thermal layer), as not suited to influence the passive sensors. Then I think everything is clear.
Generally, when creating a new sensor (cloning), in that box, change does not need anything special, otherwise get a bicycle with square wheels.

Old 07-06-09, 10:15 AM   #8
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Here is Chapter 3. Part 2: Credit must go to CrazyIvan for doing these tutorials.

Quote:
================ Chapter 3. Part 2.SOZDANIE sensors. ===============

Now that we have some idea of the contents of the dialog menu, you can begin to create sensors for our boats.

Determined by the composition of the sensors, this is a basic set for the submarine:
1. Active transmitter. (News for controlled units, or for surface ships. AI submarines, banned for this opportunity, they never call their active sonar), in spite of this, we still set it to Juliet - suddenly be able to continue to make it manageable -- ). Located at the bow of the boat.
2. Active Receiver signal (Active Intercept) is also located in the bow of the boat.
3. LF Passive Sonar (Low Frequency Pass Son) - Passive shumopelengator (sonar), which works at low frequencies, 50-500 Hz, or located in the front nose fairing boat (To Juliet), or attached to the boat towed behind a boat on sonar cable.
4. ESM - Detector radar exposure. Located at the advanced telescopic mast
5. Visual - Visual Vision (News for AI units for submarines operating at depth and periskopnoy surfaced)
6. Radar - Located at the advanced telescopic mast.
About radar, there are some variations - in a controlled unit can be only one radar station, Juliet also has two radar - the first is the navigation, also known as search radar surface targets, and second - a radar target, which is located at the front of the wheelhouse, the curtains open, and having the form of a parabolic antenna, measuring about 10 sq. m.
I think that we are interested in a second type of radar for use in controlled boat, as it is used directly in combat, and navigation radar would only give us the location of the enemy without an adequate benefit to us. His (Nav.radar), we also do, but it will only work on the AI Juliet, a radar target, we continue to attach to the mast, so that we can take them in the game.
7. MF Passive Sonar - Passive shumopelengator working in a mid-range (100-600 Hz in the game, served mainly for classification purposes)
8. HF Passive Sonar - Passive shumopelengator working in a high range (800-2000 Hz in the game, served mainly to track torpedoes).

For controlled underwater units also need to create additional sensors - PeriESM - ESM sensor is arranged in the form of lamps at periscope and sensor SailESM - where I do not know, but I know that need. (Look for them using search, and the clones on the need for new )

Started to clone these sensors. The principles, the same as when creating the object:
With the help of search you want us to find the sensor, let the front spherical sonar Sharks, (Akula Sphere) memorize his number 0013, then dissolve the list of rows in the expanded view, select the 0013 sensor, click the button 'New Sensor'.
In the 'Unique Sensor Name "write - Juliett Sphere.
In the 'Display Name "records - LF Pass Sonar (This text will be displayed on the screen at DDI Nav.karte - ie background инфа found to contact you, what sensors it is found, the time tracking of the contact, the approximate distance i.t . d)
So, read, in accordance with the above list drawn up by the sensors, to create a full composition.

For a torpedo, you need to create 2 sensors - active and passive.
In general, the AI for the torpedo, the second passive sensor neaktualen unnecessarily torpedoes AI has always used active sensors.
How to attach sensors to the units and the mast, will be treated in a separate chapter.

Above I gave an explanation for the data held in different windows of the dialog menus in accordance with that make the changes your new sensors.

Generally, modification of the sensors, and in accordance with the changing balance of game play that is a rather difficult subject - in this chapter shall not be considered.

Old 07-06-09, 10:17 AM   #9
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Here is Chapter 4. Part 1: Credit must go to CrazyIvan for doing these tutorials.

Quote:
=========== Chapter 4. Part 1. Launchers (Launchers) =============

In the left pane of the editor DWEdit button with a picture missiles, push it to fall into a menu Launchers.

Launchers - Launchers. (Absolutely everything, from which weapons can be fired - torpedo tubes, launchers of ballistic missiles, mines, ship MANPADS, up to 7.62 mm caliber for helicopter turret)
-------------------------------------------------- ------------
Windows' Sound File '- audio playback in the game when you start from the launcher.
Windows' Anim1; Anim2 '- Rotating elements launchers on 3D models (if they provided it).
The window 'Name' - the name of a launcher.
-------------------------------------------------- ---------------
Box 'Weapon Details' (upper) - racks.
Contains 4 slots. If the launcher supports the launch of different types of weapons (for example a torpedo tubes), it shall appear necessary types of torpedoes and missiles on these racks.

In the same box 'Rounds 1 - Rounds 4' number is on the rack of weapons.
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------
Box 'Weapon Details' (average).

Window 'Rounds per Minute' - rate, number of pieces of weapons fired in a minute.
Window 'Ammo Swap Time'-time spent on unloading of the apparatus of weapons, and recharging of the other. (The units are not managed raspostranyaetsya, and at the same AI as the procedure of finding weapons in the racks has no role - if allowed to 1-m slot rack rests ASM missiles and missile LAM is in the last 4 th slot. When a ground goal, the boat starts LAM missiles from the 4-th slot, and no extra time to restart it would not. In short - prop.
Window 'Additional Ammo Clips' - the number of additional ammunition load. Applicable to artillery, 76mm, 100mm, the AC-630, Phalanx, etc. launchers.
Window 'Clip Reload Time' - time spent on loading arms to the empty Launcher.
Window 'Maximum Number of Rounds Guidable' - the maximum number of simultaneously beaten goals (also seems props).
-------------------------------------------------- -----------------
Box 'Weapon Details' (Lower).
Window 'Number of Tubes "- the number of trunks (missile containers, torpedo tubes) in the launcher.
Window 'Columns' - the columns. Number of tubes along the launcher.
Window 'Rows' - ranks. Number of tubes across the launcher.
-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Box 'Angles (Degrees)' - positioning a launcher on the ship. (Not its location, but the fact of which side initiated the installation, as part of its Muzzle)
Window "Half of Firing Cone" - the installation of firing angles.
The window 'centered Heading' - turn a launcher on the length of the unit.
Window 'Heading rel. to Platform '- the same as above - there is a number here.
Window "Pitch rel. to Platform "- the inclination of the muzzle launcher on the unit.
90 degrees to the vertical launch vehicles, for TT machines submarine, 0 degrees ie, directly along the hull.
-------------------------------------------------- --------------
Box 'Location Details' - positional launcher at yunite. (In meters, as well as the DA model, smasshtabirovannaya in meters)

Window 'Location on Platform' - the main location of the installation -

Axis X: otrits.znachenie - left from the longitudinal axis of the platform. polozh.znachenie - right from the longitudinal axis of the platform.
Axis Y: otrits.znachenie - back from the center. point of the platform. polozh.znachenie - in front of the center. Points platform.
Axis Z: otrits.znachenie - down from the center. point of the platform. polozh.znachenie - up from the center. Points platform.

Window "Top left Corner" - upper left corner of the three-dimensional array. Defined 3-dimensional space occupied launcher.

Window 'Bottom Right Corner' - the lower right corner of the three-dimensional array launcher. The data in this window заносяться steering platforms for more accurate positioning devices - for example, downloaded to bombolyuki P-3 torpedoes. They are located on the 4 pieces. in 2 series. If you delete data from the window to R-3, all of these 8 torpedoes will merge into one, ie they would not detail spozitsionirovany.
-------------------------------------------------- -----
Box 'Attributes "- Attributes launcher. Used only a few.

Window 'Unrotatable' - If the launcher nepovorotnaya, the check box.
Window 'Requires FCR' - If the launcher should use Sighting data from a radar target, put the box.
Window 'Bit 4' - the exact appointment is not known. Mounted for vertical launchers controlled submarines and helicopters upravlyaeyh.
Window 'Bit 6' - For controlled helicopters and airplanes. It removes a large inertia weapons. If the launcher should not use hunting weapons, checking the box.
For example: If the launcher on a plane or helicopter, operated, lift this box, the weapon will shoot at some distance from the unit, rather than simply tip out down under the belly units.
Thank you for doing these tutorials CrazyIvan niceone.

Old 07-06-09, 10:33 AM   #10
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

I'll add a bit of info about detection curves, since I worked with those a lot for LWAMI 3.10 development.

The detection curve is for active sensor detection and counterdetection--Radar/ESM and Active sonar/active intercept. Although, I think Nrd matters for the sonar too, and I don't know exactly how Nrd and detection curves interact. EDIT: on second thought, the only sensor detection curve isn't all that important for is probably passive sonar. It probably establishes a "hard-cap" for acoustic sensors and that's it.

Anyways, for the active sensors, the detection curve consists of a series of points on a line, which represents the detection threshold for that sensor. Each point has two values, range and SL (source level). What that point means is that at range X and against a target with SL Y, the sensor will detect the target. If you "connect the dots" of all these points (including 0,0), you will have the detection "curve." Anything inside this curve gets detected, anything outside is not. (Ceteris paribus w/ respect to aspect, weather, etc.)

For counterdetection sensors, it is a little confusing at first but does make sense. The curve represents the ESM/intercepts ability to detect an emitting sensor that would detect an object of SL Y at range X. So the values establishing a weaker detection curve actually increases the sensitivity of the counterdection sensor--it means the passive sensor is sensitive enough to pick up a weaker emission.
Old 08-26-14, 08:17 PM   #11
Rex Ursus
Sailor man

Downloads: 131
Default How to install

I put the editor in the root folder and it doesn't work. I tried it in the data folder too. I get a warning that says no access. Help!
Rex Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote