SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-02-17, 07:55 AM   #1
Stewy1
Girt by Sea

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 32

Default Stewy's UK Naval Ranges (rel)

G'day guys,

Here's my fourth instalment of maps I've made for Dangerous Waters.

These are focused entirely on the Naval Ranges in Northern Scotland.

Perfect for large naval exercises off the Scottish west coast.

Welcome to the UK!

They are essentially 'blank' of triggers, scripts, ships and submarines, for you to make your own missions.

All landmarks, features, and EEZ boundaries are marked as accurately as possible.

Research Credits go to Wikipedia, Vector Globe Atlas, UK NOTAM releases, searates.com (for major ports) and marineregions.org (for EEZs) and various news websites. All information was accessed from publically available sources.

****A HUGE thank you must go to FPSChazly for making his great 'line-marking' program.****

The map is:
1. An upated version of my Iceland-UK map, which now includes the British Underwater Test and Evaluation Centre (BUTEC), the Hebrides Missile Range (Western Isles), the Cape Wrath Bombing Range (and extensions to that range for Exercise Joint Warrior) and the Moray Firth Ranges.

Issues:
I'm pretty happy with the map. I've tried hard to remove duplicate lines (to help with frame-rates) - hopefully they should be all gone.

Sadly, the water to too shallow to accurately put a base at Faslane, however there is a naval base at Holy Loch for you to sail from.

The Irish EEZ boundary runs through the southern Hebrides ranges - looks a little strange. It's pretty easy to delete one of the other for a 'cleaner' map.

Disclaimer:
Naturally, download at your own risk. I take no responsibility for any adverse effects to your computer by downloading these files.

Feedback (and requests) welcome via the Subsim forums!

It's in the download section now

Cheers
Stew

Last edited by Stewy1; 07-02-17 at 08:04 AM.
Stewy1 is offline   Reply With Quote