Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 05-04-10, 06:03 AM   #31
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Tiger Mod

Absolutely Knightscross!Withte Tiger 0.98 and 1.0 mod you get to play models such as the TIger I, Tiger II, the Js2, The T34-85, the KV2 and there´s a new Steel Panzer version 1.5 coming in less than a month which will allow you to play the Marder, the Flakvierling, the Hetzer,the Stug IIIF, the Panther, Su76, 85, 100 the ISU 152 the Elefant-Ferdinand in addition to the original T34-76, KV1, Mathilda Mark II and the Mark III as well as the Panzer II, III, IVF1 and F2 and the stug III C .Already many tanks have been added like the T26, T51, the T38,T60, Panzer IIc, Stug IIID,the Panzer IIIg and light armoured vehicles like the BT5 and B10, the SKDFZ 232, 251 and 451.There's one mod that even allows you to drive a Soviet truck for one mission.

That's why I have been able to make those user/made missions based on the TIger I.As soons as the new SP 1.5 mod comes out.I'll modify them adding the Panther and the Koenigstiger and the Soviet SUs.The mission editor is very user friendly so I have little merits but I have to hone my skills and make more refined m,isisons.This is a project Friedrich Wilhelm another ZW member and SF afficionado as well have in mind.He is the one who deserves the credit for getting me started.

Variety/wise SF is great like Panzer Elite but with better graphics, AI and effects.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 09:12 AM   #32
morttheslayer
Soundman

Frinic Karkov mod a Soviet truck now you're talking!

Frinic Hi Mate
What sadist made a Soviet truck driveable eh!! I enjoyed Steel Fury a lot what was good about it was the release package worked great "out of the box" with no big FPS or settings/gameplay issues. Even the ground troops worked (and bled!!) very well. I don't know if the damage models were spot on as the Matilda seemed to be able to hit (earlier series) German tanks with very little effect (i.e. took many rounds to disable/knock out German Armour). I've not actually had the time to try out the Mods but some look great - nice to know you recommend them.

Is Zee going to release a driveable Soviet truck?? If so Lc should test it

I'd better watch what I say as Lc is now an Officer so probably due for a crutch upgrade as well (silver with oak leaves?).

All the best - Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 09:34 AM   #33
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SF user-missions

Hi Morty Tiger mate I left a post for you on the Steel Fury thread in this forum a while ago.I offered to email you some of my user-made missions for the Tiger in SF.I ain´t ZeeWolf merely a ZeeSheep but I have made 30 decent tank-shootout missions with my last one fielding 120 tanks.

A Russina modder made that mission with a truck.More a masochist than a sadist if you want my opinion

The damage model is not an issue anymore with the biggies in play JS2, Tiger I and II, the KV2 tanks sizzle and burn bright.

Cheerio
Old 05-05-10, 02:24 PM   #34
morttheslayer
Soundman

Doh I missed it Frinic

Sorry I missed that offer you made - very good of you, I am usually tied up making IL2 missions though. I've been making them for years I just don't have time for everything Life's too short isn't it.

What I would really really like is to crack the TvsT editor! I tried it a few times but I'm in need of some basic tutoring. I don't really want to make maps/terraforming stuff but would be really happy to be able to produce simple missions/actions on existing maps.

I don't think I'd have the time to do anything really complicated; if it took Zeewolf a year to learn the whole thing it would probably take me 3 years to produce a simple mission I found the editor guide fairly unhelpful unless its me and I just don't get it.
IL2 - by comparison is a breeze, I know i've done it for years and practice makes you quicker; but it's certainly more user friendly.

Keep up the good work, I may have a go at Karkov Steel Fury again sometime in the future and I would love some basic tips on mission making myself from you then - if your offer still holds. I have never tried SF mission editor at all.
Appreciated mate Mort
Old 05-05-10, 10:43 PM   #35
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SF and IL2

Morty, my offer still stands. I can email you my SF missions anytime you want!All you have to do is give me your email address so I can yahoo them to you.Re the tutorials,I got a tutorial package from fellow ZW member Friedrich Wilhelm and I can email it to you as well.The Mission Editor of Sf is fairly user-friendly.

If you have user-made misisons for IL2 I am a taker. Although I don't play the game myself( I love planes but I like to fight with my feet on the ground although I wouldn't mind having a stab at UBoote games.) but my 2 sons just plain love it.

Best and be quiet unless your Panzer Commander at home hears you chatting on a tank sim forum.....Mine is very accomodating she even instals my games and mods when I don't have the time.....

Cheers
Old 05-06-10, 02:42 PM   #36
morttheslayer
Soundman

Thanks Frinic very good of you

Frinic
Appreciate your offer, I'm being a bit cagy here as I'm awaiting delivery of a new laptop. I use my laptop for all things internetty, and downloads etc.

The delivery is due in about 3 days (I opted for the cheap delivery!!!!).

Problem I have is getting all the software I need for it and making friends with Win7.
My old laptop (the one I am using now) has all the stuff I need on it but most not compatible with Win7.

If you've lost the will to live with this true life adventure of Morty I've nearly finished So there will be a short delay where I suffer the pain
of getting the new PC up and running and sourcing the best (for me) sotware for CD/DVD burning, antivirus, anti spyware etc and all that good stuff. It should be easy but as ZW rightly said there's always something!
BUT after that I'll PM you with all details and we can sort it out.
Many thanks
-Mort (Still a Gunner - today!!)

PS; If I disappear off the forum the new laptop was not a success
Old 05-07-10, 01:57 AM   #37
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default AD or PC?

Morty my Man you sound like a man on life support?Hang on your new love will be home in 2 -3 days!

I just ordered my desktop pc ( a first for me, a serial laptop owner) and it will be at least 3 to 4 weeks before I can admire my handsomeness in that cute 24", true bright or whatever it's called these days screen and enjoy the bliss of 8 gigs of RAM., a 2.8 ghtz processor , the crude details of a dedicated 1.5 gb graphic card while storing all the passions of my life on the One terabyte( 1000 gigs you read correctly) of hard disk space....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the longing, the pain, the sweet agony of unfulfilled expectations and the never ending torture of waiting for the loved one......

Ok enough poetry!This is just to say that I share your pain my Mortyfied friend and companion of misfortune!

BTW anyway you can put Mrs. Panzer Commander on a USB memory stick and erase the file by mistake????

Cheers
Old 05-08-10, 03:25 AM   #38
KnightsCross
Bosun

Hi Guyz
My game is running at 7fps down to 2fps but mostly stays around 4/5 so for me this is good and I get a good game out of it
SFK 1942 has not been shipped yet
Thanks for the help and I shall let you know when I hear more on SFK

Hope you are all well
Darren
KnightsCross

PS I understand the pain to well good luck and may the panzer be with you
Old 05-08-10, 10:07 AM   #39
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default FPS

Knightscross are you talking about the fps on the high end Kursk release?Wow such low values!What resolution do you play?

Mine are as low mind you but with the light version and with res 1068 x 724.

Hang on SF will be soon.I am looking forward to installing it with all my mods ands missions as well as Zee´s TvsT Kursk etc on my new , improved rig.

Cheers
Old 05-08-10, 05:13 PM   #40
morttheslayer
Soundman

KC & Frinic

KC I guess with your rig it's difficult to get FPS up to the 10s - or more. I think you'll like Steel Fury as I believe you'll get better results.
Keep your discs pumped up - I've just given mine a beer infusion!

Frinic that sound like a screamer you've bought (not an i7 by any chance?). My laptop is an Asus - Intel i5 but only 4Gb of RAM and a med Graphics card so probably not good for TvsT but I didn't really get it for that. I might try and run it later for a test but I think the GPU will be the bottle neck on this machine. I'd like to hear how it runs TvsT when you're all up and running. I assume you'll get Win7 with it?? You should be OK with 8Gb RAM. I had to make recovery discs for my new PC and I was amazed it took 4xDVDs !!!!! so the Asus drivers and Win7 is a fairly big programme. It must be compressed if you get a retail copy on one disc!!

BTW Mrs Panzer Commander cannot be deleted, she's like a Norton Antivirus you can try but you will never fully succeed. She can be overwritten sometimes; but it's not worth the follow up retribution!!
And we're in love again since she's approved the Asus notebook budget for this financial year!!! Although I feel this is a temporary euphoric state set to change if I lock myself away at Kursk!!!

All the Best - Mort
Old 05-08-10, 11:47 PM   #41
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Ideas...

Yes Morty it's anIntel core i 860 or something of the kind and the pc is an Acer.Aspire AM5811.. I really regret having to give up my Toshiba Satellite laptop though because of the Harman Kardon speaker embedded and the ATI HD 3850 GC (512 dedicated but up to 1789 mb available)which is great but unfortunately they paired that with a 2.0 ghrtz processor which can't keep up with Zee's mods.I 'll have an Nvidia Gt330 GHC instead and I am no fan of Nvidia ,I think ATI makes better GCs price/quality wise( my opinion),but the price was really unbeatable and I can always change my Gc for an ATI 4870 later on....

MMMMMMMMMMM re Mrs. Panzer commander you need to keep the honeymoon going How about buying her a cool leg epilator which gives you massages and pedicurte as well.That way she'll be busy playing her new electronic s for hours while you blissfully blast T34 s unnoticed?

Cheers
Old 05-12-10, 12:28 PM   #42
KnightsCross
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Knightscross are you talking about the fps on the high end Kursk release?Wow such low values!What resolution do you play?

Mine are as low mind you but with the light version and with res 1068 x 724.

Hang on SF will be soon.I am looking forward to installing it with all my mods ands missions as well as Zee´s TvsT Kursk etc on my new , improved rig.

Cheers
G'Day
It's just the stock game cd with no add'ons
Resolution is 640 x 480 @ 32, 60Hz Can I change it to something else to make it run better ?
Morty helped with task manager apps, so now I can run as gunner
Your new rig sounds like pure chocolate ooh yeh

SFK 1942 sent from US today, should have it in about 10 days
It's funny I was going to ask what game SFK was because it sounded really good, and only just last week realized you guys were talking about Steel Fury Doh Well that's rather noob of me

TANKs Gents
Darren
KnightsCross
Old 05-12-10, 03:01 PM   #43
morttheslayer
Soundman

Hi KC & Frinic

Been away being beaten up by Win7 on a new notebook. Its not really for gaming but it has a nice HD screen and hopefully might cope well with Steel Fury. Mainly it's for internet use and making backups D/L etc.
After some problems I seem to have most apps running OK and loaded up some utilities like 7Zip and Image Burn all the time fighting off Microsoft's attempts to have me subscribe to endless downloads of useless dross.
My HP printer worked, finally, after I forced it to run on another model's driver (64Bit) the original driver was for 32 bit.

KC you could try to run your game at the monitor's "native resolution" i.e. the one it was designed to accommodate; you should be able to find out from manufacturer's information on your model. This might not work but worth a try. If however your graphics card can't support/fill the screen fast enough you'll have to revert back.

Frinic - the honeymoon's now over, Mrs Panzer Commander was found playing solitaire (AAaagh) on this lovely new notebook - sacrilege
she wouldn't entertain CoD, IL2 or Flashpoint DR, oh no bl**dy cr**py solitaire - women!!!!! I informed her not to wear this machine out on frivolous games
Let us know how your new PC is performing when you get it up and running, I too think ATI are best GPU's at present but I like NVidea they've just fallen behind right now.
At least you can get inside Desktops easily for repairs/upgrades.
Poor old KC having to read all this sunshine blog about PCs whilst suffering 640x480 res screen. Never fear KC steel fury will run better for you.

All for now Best Regards - Mort
Old 05-12-10, 11:18 PM   #44
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SF vs fps

Wow KC I am amazed! You must be playing the game in slow motion...The advantage is that it gives you plenty of time to see those T34/s coming ever so slowly at you and then your shell whizzes its way in a ballet-like motion( a bit like scenes in the Matrix).

Seriously Man this is terrible.I had TvsT installed on my wife's laptop, a decent Acer with 1.9 gHz processor, 2gbs of ram, 120 gbs hard disk and a 256 mb dedicated Nvidia 7000.The game played fairly well at lowest resolution 800x 640 with antialiasing and forest animation turned off ( water details as well since it does not play a big role in the game) and the rest was set at 70%.I averaged 12 to 18 fps.But your machine is hopeless at least to play sims.Even Steel Fury on the same laptop I cannot play it because ,surprise, surprise it is awfully slow 5 to 8 fps and unlike TvsT at these low values gameplay is terrible!While SF is not a graphic hog it demands a fast processor.If your processor is below 2.0gtz then the game will be very, very slow.If your graphic card is less 256 forget it it either won't play or you'll have to turn everything off and believe me the game loses its flavour with low or poor details.

My own findings: Tvst( without ZeeWolf's mods) minimum 2.0 ghtz, graphic card minimum 256 mb dedicated not shared.RAM 2 gb minimum.

Steel Fury; processor 2.0 ghz, graphic card 512 dedicated( for good quality), ram 2 gb minimum.

TvsT with Zeewolfs mods processor 2.4 ghtz minimum, graphic card 512 mb dedicated minimum, ram 4 gbs

I am talking about people with Vista as OS the values the results might be better if you have a more user-friendly OS like XP and Windows 7.

If you have a desktop why don't you upgrade it?It's cheaper than buying a new one and graphic cards and RAM chips can be purchased at a real good price these days.

Re Steel Fury I love that game.The gameplay is nice, the special and graphic effects are good, the AI especially the infantry is good (although the damned AI tanks can be pretty stupid at times.They often drive/sink their tanks into deep water when trying to cross a river !).The landscapes are frankly pleasant with plenty of hills, rivers, lakes, small log cabin villages, forests and woods; lots of places to ambush or concela yourself and there are different 18 maps.Add all the mods( I have lost count) and user-made missions( I'll be pleased to share(email) those I have made once you have the Tiger mod installed )etc.This game is already a classic and like Panzer Elite(12 years now) will run for a long time thanks to the creators support and dedicated modders and fans.The stock misisons are a bit tame but once you get the mods and user-made missions you'll see more action and variety.Wait until you play my user-made missions!I'll post some pics of them.

That being said I believe ZeeWolf is doing the same with TvsT.He is going to turn that game into a classic and if modders can join him and create new games and vehicles etc.This game has the potential to be around for a long, long time.But right now it's a oone-man operation and it's going to take time to get there.

Morty heed me and buy Mrs Panzer Commander a leg epilator-manicure-pedicure kit.It always works with women...

BTW you made inadvertently a pun when you said quote"Poor old KC having to read all this sunshine blog about PCs whilst suffering 640x480 res screen. KC and the Sunshine Band????

Cheers
Old 05-19-10, 01:11 AM   #45
KnightsCross
Bosun

Hi Gents
I've had a hectic few days around home with both my Wife & Son being rushed to hospital by ambulance about 4 days apart
My Wife had suspected heart attack, but they couldn't find anything and put it down to migraine
My Son was found on the road not knowing how he got there, turns out that he went over his push bike handle bars and broke his collar bone, he had amnesia and could only recall family members and nothing else, his memory is slowly improving
So just when I thought it couldn't get worse, at 4am returning from a hospital trip I found my 9yo cat dead on the road, there were tears allround and after digging a nice spot in with the roses we were preparing to say goodbye when my Wife lost her footing and fell out the front door face first onto concrete, I was about 4 feet in front of her with the cat and may have broken the last part of her fall. She soldiered on and we sprinkled rose petals over the cat and finished just in time to go back to hospital to bring my son home. So now they are both very sore and resting while I play nurse, oh boy !

On another note
SFK 1942 arrived yesterday I installed it and all appears ok except when I load a game or Tut. it gets to 100% loaded then the screen goes black and I get this message

Exception core:
001: Error initialization program.

in note pad, when I close the note pad the game shuts down
any Ideas ? Ive tried with the task manager setting shut down to a min and without turning anything off, all game settings low, my pc set up is on page 1or 2 of this thread

Tanks Gents
Hope all is well
Darren
KnightsCross