SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-21-19, 03:23 AM   #1
StuartG
Nub

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Can't end patrol

SH4 Gold - Pacific career (Windows 10). Just finished my first patrol out of Brisbane after getting a new sub (orig sub was out of Pearl) but when I get back to port - it only gives me the "Refit" and "postpone" options. The "End Patrol" option is not selectable. And I really did start the patrol out of Brisbane.

Is this a known issue? Any ideas or work arounds?

Thanks,

Stuart
StuartG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 03:47 AM   #2
captcrane
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 184

Look for the slanted anchor on your map. That would be your new home port. You probably missed the message sent changing it. I think everyone does
captcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 04:23 AM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > StuartG
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

You can refit in any friendly port but you have to return to your home port to end the patrol.
You would need to transfer to the Asiatic Fleet which would give you Australasia home ports as the Japanese continue to invade current friendly ports.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 04:28 AM   #4
StuartG
Nub

Downloads: 3

When I completed my last mission and started home, Brisbane was the slanted anchor (I have a saved game at that point that confirms that). However, some time during the trek home it switched to Freemantle. Very inconvenient. Any way to manually switch it back?

(Yes, I'm new to the forum - but I have lots of hours on the original SH Gold and SHIII - just been a way for a while but recently started getting back into it with IV)

Last edited by StuartG; 05-21-19 at 04:42 AM.
StuartG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 05:24 AM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Go "End Patrol" at Fremantle, and once you're back in the Captain's Office, on the desk is a phone. Click on that, and see if a transfer is available for your sub.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 05:51 AM   #6
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

brisbane does change to fremantle. It very annoying but not unusual in WW2 when bases moved due to japense movements and priorities. Once I ran out of fuel trying to reach fremantle and another time grounded on a reef. Had to go back one save on the latter and restart mission on the former so I could deliberately be in range for the switch.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 10:57 AM   #7
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

You were warned.

Last edited by Jimbuna; 05-21-19 at 02:03 PM.
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 05-21-19, 11:47 AM   #8
Red Devil
The Old Man

can i recommend you find a forum that does not require donations to survive for the past 20 bloody years?
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 05-21-19, 12:40 PM   #9
jimmbbo
Run silent, run deep

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartG View Post
When I completed my last mission and started home, Brisbane was the slanted anchor (I have a saved game at that point that confirms that). However, some time during the trek home it switched to Freemantle. Very inconvenient. Any way to manually switch it back?

As posted, the slanted anchor home base icon is the clue, and home port change occurs early in the War, and usually noted in a flash traffic message somewhere during the mission, most of which I have come to ignore.

Having experienced a change of home port and being left short, I developed the habits of
  1. If no refit bases are available (as they are later in the War), I always turn for home with at least 50% fuel remaining, ensuring I won't run out.
  2. saving the game before turning for home port so that if home port is changed, I have options and probably enough fuel to either refit or get home
jimmbbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 01:43 PM   #10
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
can i recommend you find a forum that does not require donations to survive for the past 20 bloody years?
Can I recommend people with special "I gave money badges" to follow the rules and not spam at people who make a first post begging for money? Apparently not, those people don't have to follow the rules.

How nice, and I wouldn't call the condition Subsim is in as surviving. Life support maybe, living, hardly. Forums politics has killed this forum and the people in charge are 100% to blame. And the people that suck up too them are just as guilty.

And odd, I've seen plenty of website survive without continually begging for money. It's just that they aren't run by a bunch of jerks who run off all the good content creators like this website has done.

And before you ask, yes, I don't want anything to do with this site, but I have to have a forum account, just to have access to the downloads page. Don't like me, don't want to see me here, change that, and I'll have no reason for having an account.

Last edited by Slyguy3129; 05-21-19 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-21-19, 04:02 PM   #11
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

I haven't said anything up to now, to me they're like walmart greeters - some like them or they wouldn't be there, I just smile, nod, and move on.

However. If we're looking to increase membership it CAN be counterproductive, new guy joins to ask a question, instead of an answer he gets several welcome messages, and when the welcomers have links in their siggys it can be real confusing to a newcomer since he assumes his answer is in one of the links somewhere. Not going to encourage a new guy to stay by spamming with warm welcome messages and zero helpful posts that actually deal with the problems, some of the forums I've been a moderator on would consider that type of thing OFF TOPIC and delete them.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 04:48 PM   #12
Red Devil
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
Can I recommend people with special "I gave money badges" to follow the rules and not spam at people who make a first post begging for money? Apparently not, those people don't have to follow the rules.

How nice, and I wouldn't call the condition Subsim is in as surviving. Life support maybe, living, hardly. Forums politics has killed this forum and the people in charge are 100% to blame. And the people that suck up too them are just as guilty.

And odd, I've seen plenty of website survive without continually begging for money. It's just that they aren't run by a bunch of jerks who run off all the good content creators like this website has done.

And before you ask, yes, I don't want anything to do with this site, but I have to have a forum account, just to have access to the downloads page. Don't like me, don't want to see me here, change that, and I'll have no reason for having an account.

I run a British Army Regimental forum, have done for many years (20+), I rely on donations to maintain 1. the software, which is constantly being upgraded and security upgrades too.

2. The cost of running this also includes the cost of annual hosting the forum, which is attached to a Web site. Which also incurs the cost of the annual registration of the site eg: subsim.com in this case.

If a person starts something like this off, it incurs initial costs BUT - if it becomes successful as this has been for many years, then additional funds are either required or the owner pays for more and more annually.

I do not ask for subs at any time for my forum, but I did ask for the initial cost of providing a lifetime purchase of a licence which gives me ownership of the particular software I use on my forum.

BUT, every 6 months I owe a small sum for the upgrade and security of the sofware. THAT is why, I say to my members, hey lads, a few £ in the kitty will secure the security and site for x years. My current registration, thanks to donations, is currently sometime in 2024, and the domain name reg is about the same. I pay in advance, so in the event of my death (I am 70 in Aug); the site will live on for a while.

The stipulation by mein hosts is that any increases during that period will be offered to me for payment.

I pay a relatively SMALL amount every 12 months as I have 1. a belief in his work and the members and 2. I have a crap memory (thanks to a brain virus I contracted whilst serving in the British Army in N Ireland.).

You would not be surprised to learn how long it took me to type this reply!!!

Give Neal some slack, nothing is for FREE. This site, subsim, is on vBulletin. I left that eons ago because it went 'bad' - iyt was taken over by someone and costs rose.
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 05-22-19, 09:04 AM   #13
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post

What's with the attitude? I don't understand what it is you want this site to be, but what it isn't is all about YOU. No offense, but you come off sounding like a spoiled little kid who lives for his next tantrum. Who peed in your Wheaties that makes you so apparently angry and/or bitter? I don't really want to know, frankly. But maybe you could try to be a bit more civil and less antagonistic in your posts. This forum is intended to be a source of information and help for others less blessed than you with game talent. Try being a bit of a giver, instead of strictly a taker. You might actually like the novel experience.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-19, 12:10 AM   #14
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
What's with the attitude? I don't understand what it is you want this site to be, but what it isn't is all about YOU. No offense, but you come off sounding like a spoiled little kid who lives for his next tantrum. Who peed in your Wheaties that makes you so apparently angry and/or bitter? I don't really want to know, frankly. But maybe you could try to be a bit more civil and less antagonistic in your posts. This forum is intended to be a source of information and help for others less blessed than you with game talent. Try being a bit of a giver, instead of strictly a taker. You might actually like the novel experience.
I understand his point from his second post, didn't see the first one. Personally, I quit reading THEBERBSTER's posts and scroll on by. For the most part they're all the same, "Welcome to Subsim, donate here *link*, *link to thread full of links to other threads*." I get what he's doing but from some viewpoints it could be considered spam, doesn't answer the question and doesn't pertain to the thread.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-19, 10:20 AM   #15
Red Devil
The Old Man

the Berbsters is an automated welcome to newbies. Quite simple really. Asl Neal to change it if it upsets your cart.
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk